• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

With whom can we replace Vieira ??

With whom can we replace Vieira ??

• Maniche

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baraja

• Xavi Alonso

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

None of those players can replace the man, on top of all the aggression and awesome physical presence vieira was able to eat up ground with a couple of strides, play the forwards in on goal, tackle the most determined player, possessed a big engine that kept him going a 100% all match while having a lot of heart and self belief.
So many people are star struck here, THE SUN DOES NOT SHINE OUT VIEIRAS ARSE, get over the star status thing, players are replaced, vieira is not the only good midfielder in the history of football. Wenger will definately find someone just as good to replace him.
Gerrard and ballack can both be better players than vieira, especially ballack, i would be over the moon if we got him. Too be honest i would prefer both gerrard and ballack over vieira right now!

calvinngai88

theguvnor said:
None of those players can replace the man, on top of all the aggression and awesome physical presence vieira was able to eat up ground with a couple of strides, play the forwards in on goal, tackle the most determined player, possessed a big engine that kept him going a 100% all match while having a lot of heart and self belief.
So many people are star struck here, THE SUN DOES NOT SHINE OUT VIEIRAS ARSE, get over the star status thing, players are replaced, vieira is not the only good midfielder in the history of football. Wenger will definately find someone just as good to replace him.
Gerrard and ballack can both be better players than vieira, especially ballack, i would be over the moon if we got him. Too be honest i would prefer both gerrard and ballack over vieira right now!

Firstly, if you think the reported agreed fee is really one, which is about 23.1million. It's not even enough to get one of those two. Liverpool and Bayern will definitely be asking for more because they know Arsenal will have the cash to spend after that transfer. Be realistic dudes. I wouldn't mind Ballack coming, but it's just not going to happen!

nnaife

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Ballack - Might even turn out better than vieira if he works hard enough.

i completely disagree Ballack just isnt in vieira's league.

Emerson might be but not Ballack.

Hatton

i said all along that i think that we wont sell the god, but im starting to think that im wrong,

hes irraplaceable.......at the moment

look at overmars, he was branded irraplaceable, and look who we got.....Bobby. hes better!

MightyArsenal

Has anyone ever thought that vieira hinders us sometimes? I wouldnt be surprised if we get an attacking player like maniche as his replacement as that means gilberto will become more defensive. It might add another dimension to our game instead of having 2 defensive midfielders.

As for chelski not buying him its simple, they have lampard, parker makelele and geremi , there would be no point getting a 5th defensive type player.

nnaife

MightyArsenal said:
Has anyone ever thought that vieira hinders us sometimes? I wouldnt be surprised if we get an attacking player like maniche as his replacement as that means gilberto will become more defensive. It might add another dimension to our game instead of having 2 defensive midfielders.

As for chelski not buying him its simple, they have lampard, parker makelele and geremi , there would be no point getting a 5th defensive type player.

Gilberto has always been defensive even in Brazil for his previous club thats his game and its wengers belief that you need to be always playing two defensive midfielders in europe.

But he'll need to find a dynamic player to fill paddy's boots. In the short term i reckon its impossible but in a couple of years who knows..

A

Anonymous

Aussie said:
Ill reply when he leaves OFFICIALLY

first of all that in itself is a reply, secondly why are you being a spoilsport, if you didnt want to reply until he left then wait until he leaves.

A

Anonymous

MightyArsenal said:

you may just be right, but i guess time will tell on that one.

KingReyes

Established Member
MightyArsenal said:

I don't think Vieira would have ever gone to Chelsea, you move for newer challenges. Going to Chelsea would have put him in the same position where he would be fighting for the same honours as before. With Real its different, new environment, new league, and the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs. I also feel he wouldn't have moved as a mark of respect, Paddy would have never moved to another English club. And if he wanted to move for money he would have joined Chelsea or Madrid last season. In fact he could have refused to sign his new contract and he would be leaving for free. These days eight years is a long time to be at one club, he could have gone to Madrid a long time ago but he's stayed and I will give him credit for that.

A

Anonymous

KingReyes said:
MightyArsenal said:

I don't think Vieira would have ever gone to Chelsea, you move for newer challenges. Going to Chelsea would have put him in the same position where he would be fighting for the same honours as before. With Real its different, new environment, new league, and the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs. I also feel he wouldn't have moved as a mark of respect, Paddy would have never moved to another English club. And if he wanted to move for money he would have joined Chelsea or Madrid last season. In fact he could have refused to sign his new contract and he would be leaving for free. These days eight years is a long time to be at one club, he could have gone to Madrid a long time ago but he's stayed and I will give him credit for that.

wont vieira get atleast 2 million in a signing on fee,that should make up for the money he could have made on a free transfer and with the wage increase when he signed the new contract at Arsenal last season, and the signing on fee with Real this he's probebly better off, and we think the **** was thinking about the club, maybe he was because we can get a fee for him but i am sure that not at his financial expense.

Andrew

I would go for Xabi Alonso. But I wouldn't mind seeing an attacking midfielder like Maniche teamed up with Gilberto. Might be asking a lot of Gilberto though.

In fact, I reckon Kolo could do a good job in Vieira's position. He so enthsiatic and a workhorse. Probably doesn't have the technical abilities of Vieira though. And then we would have to fill up the centre half position again. So that probably won't happen.

But if Vieira leaves than hopefull Flamini would be the answer. I would still have to question why we got rid of Parlour because we really could do with him in Vieira's absence.

A

Anonymous

Bezer said:
Viera hinders us? What planet are you living on!? When the chips were at their lowest last season (I refer to the second half of the Champions League Chelsea disaster) Paddy was one of the few players that was still fighting tooth and nail. Tel, bobby and freddie had all hung there head and given up the fight but paddy was still giving it everything.

Hinder us my arse.

well then maybe Paddy isnt a good enough leader if he cant rally the players, world class players i might add for what was one of our most important games of the season.

I thinks if Adams was our leader when we played chelsea in the champions league we would have gone through.

KingReyes

Established Member
yaskl said:
KingReyes said:
MightyArsenal said:

wont vieira get atleast 2 million in a signing on fee,that should make up for the money he could have made on a free transfer and with the wage increase when he signed the new contract at Arsenal last season, and the signing on fee with Real this he's probebly better off, and we think the c**t was thinking about the club, maybe he was because we can get a fee for him but i am sure that not at his financial expense.

You could be right, but that line in bold is all that matters. I'm not worried what Vieira is going to get paid at another club, I'm worried about our club and that we could have been worse off last season if Paddy didn't sign. How gutted would we've been if he left on a free? Thankfully he signed and we are financially stronger if he leaves, yes we have lost a great player but AW is capable of bringing in another replacement.

shaz

definately need a defensive midfield player and nt an attack minded one IMO, but has anyone thought Edu could be an excellent replacement for Vieira, he looked really good last season.

slapz

Sol said:
Someone tell me what is so good about maniche (just heard on the radio that we have agreed personal terms with him).

What kind of player is he? What is he good at?

If he is so good why hasnt he left Porto yet? Why didnt Chelsea buy him?

He looked decent enough in Euro04, but no Vieira. I think I am right in saying he was not in Portugals first 11 before this.

I would rather us go for Xabi Alonso, who looks like a better player to me.

But it looks like we are getting Maniche. Is this guy good enough to replace Pat?

I think we can go for both Xabi Alonso and Maniche

A

Anonymous

maniche is alrdy a good player right?, maybe Arsène can work wonders with him and turn him into better than vieira? anyone know how old maniche is?

Ridge

calvinngai88 said:
Firstly, if you think the reported agreed fee is really one, which is about 23.1million. It's not even enough to get one of those two. Liverpool and Bayern will definitely be asking for more because they know Arsenal will have the cash to spend after that transfer. Be realistic dudes. I wouldn't mind Ballack coming, but it's just not going to happen!
so i say we should try to sign ballack NOW, before vieira leaves! (if we can afford him...) maybe vieira would change his mind if ballack joins us. :p

visitor99

MightyArsenal said:
As for chelski not buying him [Manichie] its simple, they have lampard, parker makelele and geremi , there would be no point getting a 5th defensive type player.

Mourinho knows Maniche better than anyone else having managed him at Porto for two years. With transfer funds not an issue he chose to sign Tiago from Benfica (a Lampard style central midfielder) ahead of Maniche.

(I think he has gone for so many central midfielders because he intends to play three central midfielders most of the time)

EJub

Another choice in the poll could have been:

Incredible football player unknown to virtually all but Arsène Wenger

Top Bottom