• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

VCC

I'm glad to hear the Americans were cheered. I have no doubt that the Greek fans meant no offense. Still, it doesn't do you any favors to go around accusing the US of being involved in a conspiracy when your athlete made a mistake.

Spartan

others on here shouldnt accuse him of being a drug cheat when NOTHING has been proven yet

right or wrong?

VCC

Yes, such accusations are a bit premature, although things do look very suspicious. And calling him a drug cheat is not racist.

johe

Guns and Arses said:
The olympics are overrated imo....but I do enjoy watching women's events, esp beach volleyball and of course football.

Yeah, and landhockey. ;)

Aussie

Established Member
Spartan said:
from a friend of mine who was in the stadium last night:

The crowd was not anti-American like some reports suggest, we were just angry that Kenteris was not running. One American was jeered (I forget which one) because he said that the only reason Kenteris won in 2000 was 'cause he slipped out of the blocks'. What the reports don't tell you, though, is that all three Americans got a standing ovation after the race.

Ashburrn - you can watch me as closely as you want...the Euro thread was full of derogatory remarks about aussie Greeks yet nothin was said or done. 1 rule for some, 1 rule for others... :roll:

Im afraid that is crap. The rules apply to everyone. No racist remarks were ever made about Australian Greeks.

Kenteris missed a drugs test well infact two of them and you should know that is as bad as failing a test. Of course there is going to be a cloud over him and if he is a drug user or not. I agree nothing has been proven yet and it probably never will. However as far as im concerned the bloke either it a drug cheat or the stupidest person alive. How do you miss two drug tests the week before the olympic games? Also learn how to ride a motorbike.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Aussie said:
Spartan said:
from a friend of mine who was in the stadium last night:

The crowd was not anti-American like some reports suggest, we were just angry that Kenteris was not running. One American was jeered (I forget which one) because he said that the only reason Kenteris won in 2000 was 'cause he slipped out of the blocks'. What the reports don't tell you, though, is that all three Americans got a standing ovation after the race.

Ashburrn - you can watch me as closely as you want...the Euro thread was full of derogatory remarks about aussie Greeks yet nothin was said or done. 1 rule for some, 1 rule for others... :roll:

Im afraid that is crap. The rules apply to everyone. No racist remarks were ever made about Australian Greeks.

Kenteris missed a drugs test well infact two of them and you should know that is as bad as failing a test. Of course there is going to be a cloud over him and if he is a drug user or not. I agree nothing has been proven yet and it probably never will. However as far as im concerned the bloke either it a drug cheat or the stupidest person alive. How do you miss two drug tests the week before the olympic games? Also learn how to ride a motorbike.

just ask Rio Ferdinand... he'll tell you how.... :lol:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Spartan said:
canadian...american, same diff if you ask me. i still think he's controlled by the US

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL LOL

being an American who played hockey and spent a LOT of time in Canada growing up, you could get the sh*t beat of you on the streets of Toronto for saying that... Canadians do not like Americans any more than the Irish like the English... trust me.... ask some of our Canadian forum members about that one.....

wow, that was one of the dumbest things I have heard.....

where does this massive inferiority complex come from?

Canuck

Established Member
Well I will partially verify that...Canadian's are a bit touchy about being called "American" but we don't hate them. Actually I think that Canadians and Americans have a much better relationship than Engs and Eires... We're just proud to be Canadian!

Mostly we just hate who's in charge over there right now...I know lots of Americans. I live about 30 min. from Washington border, and before this I lived 40 min. from Michigan border in Ontario. You're mostley O.K. Though the deep south does scare me a little bit. (It's the Nascar and wrestling fanatics *shiver*)

I have a good friend who lives in Torrence outside L.A. and he says that that kind of sucks too.

VCC

skart14 said:
haha lololol at us basketball team.....maybe they can get the bronze...maybe...wtf happened???

Plain and simple, we didn't have the players we needed (no perimter play), weren't adjusted to international rules, and we paid for it. Nobody is surprised by this.

Canuck

Established Member
Think they can manage to beat Lithuania? j/k
Congrats to US Womens "soccer" team on another gold medal.

Watching the US men's volleyball team give Brazil a hard time right now...

and if everyone doesn't get their fill of football tomorrow, the Gold medal match between Argentina and Paraguay is on as well!

A

Anonymous

but its no more than what i expect from you...i remember all the racist remarks said before about Aussie Greeks
You're frequently whining about racism towards you Greeks yet you manage to call the American's 'rednecks'. Isn't that rasicm?
What the **** is going on here?!?!?! There is something seriously ****ing wrong. You say anything negative about someones country on this baord and idiots start saying racist.
I do not recall aussie saying anything racist about wogs. And i read that thread. From what i recall is that he merely pointed out what they act like in australia. Which i can vouch for as i have seen it with my own eyes. How can you possibly be racist when speaking the truth?
Also how the **** is redneck racist? Its a simple slag word for a type of people, something they have adopted. Its no worse than calling people hommies.
Let me tell you the meaning of the word racism because clearly thin skinned people here really need to know what it is.....

racism = "antagonism towards members of a different race based on characteristics".

race = "group of people of common ancestry with distinguishing physical features".

Now unless greek people have different physical features than us then i really cannot see how slagging them off can be deemed racist! I think the word you ignorant plums are looking for is nationalist. Now fill in the chip on your shoulders and stop calling everyone racist its getting beyond a joke now.

EVERYTHING is racist to you, isn't it?
Precisely, glad someone else noticed.

A

Anonymous

canadian...american, same diff if you ask me. i still think he's controlled by the US
Funny if one of us said that to you, for example, greek, turk, same difference. Im sure you would be crying racist right now. One rule for you and another for others eh!

A

Anonymous

others on here shouldnt accuse him of being a drug cheat when NOTHING has been proven yet

right or wrong?
Its the same as all of us getting on rios back when still nothing has even been proven against him. I bet you joined in calling rio a cheat. Double standards.

brianfrance

Established Member
By the way, about Kenteris, there is words is France :
"there is no smoke without fire"
The guy was dopped - end off!

Yesterday I saw Brazil-Australia women basketball - I love the brazilian Adriana, soooooo cute :eek:ops: (and what an ass)

n_henry

I can't believe the Dream Team (though, this year's team were more like Nightmare Team - sorry, bad joke :lol: ) are out. I absolutely adore Iverson (and he's the only player from this squad, and perhaps Tim Duncan, who fit the Dream Team title)...

No surprise they're out.. but let's hope the next US team is actually a DREAM TEAM. ;)

Since the Boomers were knocked out (and finished 9th or something), was going for the stars and stripes. :D

Spartan

theguvnor said:
Funny if one of us said that to you, for example, greek, turk, same difference. Im sure you would be crying racist right now. One rule for you and another for others eh!

totally ****in different...us and canada are neighbours who get along, we're not exactly best buds with turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom