• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie

Established Member
Spartan you have a shovel. You are digging a hole. Each post you make the hole gets deeper. Get out while you still can.

Soler

Established Member
Actually, Greeks and Turks are completely different. However i'm not in the mood to type out a thesis on why. Just use your imagination.

n_henry

Okay..I have no idea about all this country v country talk. :?

In Olympics news, well, the Opals lost to the Americans in the gold medal match (of women's basketball). :(

Lauren Jackson was nowhere to be seen this game! :shock:
But the Yanks were pretty awesome and thorougly deserved the gold. Now they are worthy of the title Dream Team. ;)

And I had no idea until 10 minutes ago that the US women's 4x100m relay team stuffed up a baton change (Marion Jones and Williams couldn't exchange properly) and didn't finish the race! Poor Marion. From 5 medals in Sydney to none in Athens. :(

Spartan

Mad Jens said:
Actually, Greeks and Turks are completely different. However i'm not in the mood to type out a thesis on why. Just use your imagination.

i'd like to hear it....

Gooner_Milton

Racism is so out of style.

The proper term is Nationalism. It can be a driving or destructive force. It's perfectly fine to be proud of one's country but don't let it drive you over the top.

VCC

Spartan said:
theguvnor said:
canadian...american, same diff if you ask me. i still think he's controlled by the US
Funny if one of us said that to you, for example, greek, turk, same difference. Im sure you would be crying racist right now. One rule for you and another for others eh!

totally f*n different...us and canada are neighbours who get along, we're not exactly best buds with turkey

Yep, we get along with Canada. We're allies. We're also allies with all of NATO. That includes Greece. So using your logic, why would we conspire against you?

Allyboy

Established Member
I would just like to say well done to Kelly Holmes for winning both the 800 and 1500 metres and becoming the first British woman to do that since 1928. For someone who is 34 and for whom it had been said her best years were behind her, this was an incredible achievement!

Also well done to the sprint relay team for winning the gold and beating the hot favourite US team. They had the pressure of knowing that if they did not get a medal there was a strong chance that no male British athlete would have won a medal for the first games ever, but not only did they win one, but they won gold!

Well done guys!

Spartan

VCC said:
Spartan said:
theguvnor said:
canadian...american, same diff if you ask me. i still think he's controlled by the US
Funny if one of us said that to you, for example, greek, turk, same difference. Im sure you would be crying racist right now. One rule for you and another for others eh!

totally f*n different...us and canada are neighbours who get along, we're not exactly best buds with turkey

Yep, we get along with Canada. We're allies. We're also allies with all of NATO. That includes Greece. So using your logic, why would we conspire against you?

conspire against us?? you done that in 1974 when the US gave turkey its blessing to invade cyprus. thats answering your question but im not going to go into that. and it is fact

A

Anonymous

I think you go and review the world again mate. USA and canada are huge rivals. I know you and turkey hate each other, hence why i made the analogy related to the US and Canada. Saying america and canada are the same is just like me saying greeks and turks are. Its totally wrong, totally ignorant and if i were one of the other i would probably find it offensive. Like saying gooners and yids or english and scotts are the same :evil:

A

Anonymous

Well done the runners, 2 golds for britain yesterday great performance by holmes and the 100 metre boys. What a race. We are now 9th in the table, kahn is fighting for gold today is he not?

A

Anonymous

conspire against us?? you done that in 1974 when the US gave turkey its blessing to invade cyprus. thats answering your question but im not going to go into that. and it is fact
**** me son, does that chip on your shoulder want to get any bigger?

Aussie

Established Member
GB have done quite well then. I cant see Aus getting anymore medal however 17 gold is a great effort. I think we won about 3 silver last night.

Sammer

Established Member
Aussies did great, congrats to that.

Anyway, I am always suspicous about all the Track & Field finalists. Next to weightlifting, Track & Field is definately the area most infested with doping.

Aussie

Established Member
Most of the athletes get tested 5 or 6 times so i dont rekon many would have slipped through the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom