• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Are you worried about a lack of experience?

Are you worried about lack experience for the CL?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nnaife

No i'm not at all concerned about the experience for the CL as the vast majority of our squad is top top quality.

I'm only really concerned about the quality of our central defensive substitutes.
Wouldn't mind another striker too as backup.

But we have the players to destroy most good teams europe.

Anders Limpar

Gurgen,

Yes he did, a fantastic shot from 25-30 yards or so if I'm not mistaken! So you proved me wrong but my point stands anyway (no rule without exceptions, haha)!

Split

So it's seems now, half way through the season, people have started to feel we lack experience this season.

In august 8 people voted "Yes" and 37 voted "No" let's see how the poll changes now.

Jkreffer

Established Member
We are not that bad off experience wise. Its just that we have been buggered by injuries. Edu leaving hasn't helped much though.

Split

Last season we were very lucky with injuries! This season we've had a couple of major problems with Sol and Gilberto, but we haven't been particularly unfortunate on that front this season (just look at Liverpool). But you have to expect that and plan for it when competing for trophies. I still feel Wenger was wrong not to bring in more experience for this season. There would have still be enough opportunities for the youngsters to develop. But once we started to dip this season we didn't have enough top quality experienced pros to help turn things around.

the dawn raids

Established Member
i like that the youngsters have been given a lenghty run out; and for the most part theyve shown that they are up to the task. getting these kids this much match experience is only going to make us a better team in the long run. would i want Wenger to bring in a bit more experience? of course; one experienced player in the window should be enough to get us over the hump, through May anyway.

Mark

Established Member
Lack of experience has cost us in other games this season. I can see it happening in the CL too, the competition where experience is needed most, arguably.

Split

arnoldi said:
I dont think its Experience . Ithink its just a matter of handling the pressure

Yeah! and I would argue that experience helps you handle the pressure.

gunner01

I don't think any players in the Arsenal setup would have a problem

handling the pressure. At this level of the game BMT is almost a genetic.

So NO I don't think experience is a problem we have a nicely balanced

squad at the moment.

kanuuu

Established Member
The first 11 is fine in terms of experience, just lacking a bit of grit and determination, but the problem is that apart from the first 11 all we have in the squad is kids.

burnsjed

Established Member
Split said:
No Parlour (true english grit and determination, never had a bad game, never gave up and would always rally the troops!)

Now I am sure I am going to get abuse for this, but to say Parlour never had a bad game is a stretch.
He played awful for quite some time, and then cam of age in 98, and since then had some awful patches.
His commitment could never be questioned, but come on let's not let nostalgia blind the truth.

Top Bottom