• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pires´ statements about Viera exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammer

Established Member
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 64,00.html

It seems like as his move is about to be made official, if you can trust the GUARDIAN as a source:

"His sale will leave a huge void in the middle of our side, but we can adapt to a life without his leadership," Pires said

"All the players wanted Patrick to stay. But he's made a choice and we respect that. We can all understand why he's decided to go to La Liga. I'd just wish him all the luck in the world at the Bernabeu."

And here´s a statement about Wengers so-called interest in Maniche:

"Wenger, who has admitted his interest in Carrick, has nevertheless played down reports of a move for Portugal's Euro 2004 star Maniche.

"Have I looked at him? Not really, no. I was at the European Championships and I saw him play, but I knew about him before. You can ask Porto, I have never made an inquiry about Maniche," he said

JazzG

Established Member
These are actually quotes from yesterday, he supposedly said this in some Scottish paper.

tox

Doesn't look great. But until we hear something from vieira or arsenal anything is possible.

Adam

Established Member
Yeah, Xavier Rivoire is a reliable source for all things Pires. This was posted yesterday, and is in the Vieira thread - but i understand it is difficult to dig those up.

I would prefer that all things Vieira related are posted in the Vieira thread, so anyone who doesn't want to think or look at anything Vieira can get on with Arsenal talk with a sense of normality.

vin de guerre

In the actual source ie the Herald. Bobby said something like: If Paddy chooses to go we will understand him. It did not categorically state he was going. So yet again lets just wait until Saturday cos Arsène has now put the squeezers on Paddy!

In the actual source ie the Herald. Bobby said something like: If Paddy chooses to go we will understand him. It did not categorically state he was going. So yet again lets just wait until Saturday cos Arsène has now put the squeezers on Paddy!

Well this is my first post on this forum so a big hello to all arsenal fans. Anyway i believe that these were the original quotes:

Pires said: "All the players want Patrick to stay, but he has to make a choice and we respect that. We can all understand if he's decided to go."

"His sale will leave a huge void in the middle of our side but we can adapt to a life without his leadership."

Pires added: "If he does go I'd just wish him all the luck in the world at the Bernabeu."

If this is true then its like what Bergkamp and Ljunberg said. Unfortunatley i can't go and check on the heralds official site as it is down due to maintenance

vin de guerre

GoonerLife said:

Well this is my first post on this forum so a big hello to all arsenal fans. Anyway i believe that these were the original quotes:

Pires said: "All the players want Patrick to stay, but he has to make a choice and we respect that. We can all understand if he's decided to go."

"His sale will leave a huge void in the middle of our side but we can adapt to a life without his leadership."

Pires added: "If he does go I'd just wish him all the luck in the world at the Bernabeu."

If this is true then its like what Bergkamp and Ljunberg said. Unfortunatley i can't go and check on the heralds official site as it is down due to maintenance

Thanx for the asistance. Yes this is the exact quote and from that we can clearly see everyone is jumping the gun. yet again! I am pleased to hear that it is Wenger putting a deadline to this saga. This shows that he is coming from strength and I fully expect a positive outcome by Saturday.

KingReyes

Established Member
GoonerLife said:

Thanks for that, much appreciated. And welcome to the forum.

A

Anonymous

USArsenal said:
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?article=218677&lid=NewsHeadline&sub=Pires+reveals+his+anger+at+%27Vieira+leaving%27+story&navlid=&sublid=&Title=Pires+reveals+his+anger+at+%27Vieira+leaving%27+story

apparently RP7 never said that... good to hear

exactly its bollox, i just came on to post that article from arsenal.com, but US you beat me to it , so what the hell here it is anyway.

Robert Pires reveals his anger at 'Vieira leaving' story

- Robert Pires-
By Richard Clarke

Robert Pires has angrily refuted media reports suggesting he was resigned to the departure of Patrick Vieira from Arsenal.

The midfielder was quoted today in a Scottish newspaper as saying the Highbury captain had “made his choice” and “would leave a huge void”.

However Pires denies ever speaking to the paper and, on Monday afternoon, re-affirmed his wish to see Vieira stay at the Club.

“I have never given an interview to a Scottish newspaper,” he said. “I am really furious when I read words that are put in my mouth.

“I have never said a word about Patrick’s situation, I have too much respect for him to give my opinion.

“How can I wish Patrick good luck in Madrid when I saw him at the training ground this morning?

“As far as I know Patrick hasn’t signed for Real Madrid and I really hope, as do all my team mates, that he stays with Arsenal.”

beanz

Another apparently "reliable" source is apparently, shot down in flames, my mother's the most trustworthy person I know, but if she worked in the media I would'nt believe a word she said :mrgreen:

KingReyes

Established Member
More like it, I mentioned my surprise to Pires' comments in the Vieira thread. I wouldn't expect him to say those things as its breaking a trust and I don't think Wenger would have been to happy if he did.

OoDy

http://www.arsenal.com

Robert Pires reveals his anger at 'Vieira leaving' story

By Richard Clarke

Robert Pires has angrily refuted media reports suggesting he was resigned to the departure of Patrick Vieira from Arsenal.

The midfielder was quoted today in a Scottish newspaper as saying the Highbury captain had “made his choice” and “would leave a huge void”.

However Pires denies ever speaking to the paper and, on Monday afternoon, re-affirmed his wish to see Vieira stay at the Club.

“I have never given an interview to a Scottish newspaper,” he said. “I am really furious when I read words that are put in my mouth.

“I have never said a word about Patrick’s situation, I have too much respect for him to give my opinion.

“How can I wish Patrick good luck in Madrid when I saw him at the training ground this morning?

“As far as I know Patrick hasn’t signed for Real Madrid and I really hope, as do all my team mates, that he stays with Arsenal.”

KoLo28

How can we now believe the quotes from Arsenal.com and not the ones from the scottish paper, maybe they're trying to cover up what he said, because he should never have said it.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he said himself that he never has done an interview with a Scottish paper EVER... why should we believe what Scottish papers have to say? they know even less about the situation than English and Spanish papers do........ why shouldnt we believe Bobby?

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

KoLo28 said:
How can we now believe the quotes from Arsenal.com and not the ones from the scottish paper, maybe they're trying to cover up what he said, because he should never have said it.

Who are you, Captain Paranoia?

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom