• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2004/05 - The year when the boys became men???

CloudWalker

With the wholesale clearing that is going on, I think Wenger is finally starting to bet big on our youth/prospect players - which I think is a fantastic thing. I relish the thought that people like Cesc, RVP, Pennant, Hoyte, Flamini, Senderos and Alumina making the grade this year . I think that is a lot better than splashing out on a new, established player - Chelsea style. Winning trophies is important but for me seeing players like Henry, Vieira, Anelka, Pires, Toure etc taking that giant step forward was also very satisfying as a fan.

Hopefully, Lupoli, Ryan Gary, Svard can also make their presence felt - maybe a couple of good performances in the Carling Cup?

Lastly, I hope Ali can recover from his latest setback; 3mths is still OK I guess, since everybody else is FIT, he won't get that many chances anyway; he is talented and has a good attitude, he just need a little luck.

latest guys on the way out(maybe) : Vieira ( His silence is deafening!!!, hopefully he'll stay but I dun think he is going to be a good role-model for the kids: Earn your fame here and then think abt goin to Real Madrid ??), Jeffers( talented but I dun think he click with the rest, better he goes; anyway we got Lupoli - better than Del Piero in youth level, definitely something to watch out for but pls dun get injuried like Ali!)

sienna

This could very well be the season when the Arsenal youngsters will finally show us what they are capable of. And judging by the Community Shield performance they certainly have what it takes.

beanz

They showed in the Carling cup last year that they can play well, but at the highest level it's all about being consistant.
I would'nt want to burden the youngsters with the weight of expectation too soon.

kazu

it's a great challenge to the 'kids', really exciting for them! the risk is that we MAY miss out on some of the trophies... :(

i still believe that our squad is big enough, just nice to keep everyone happy to fight for their place... we have experience in henry, bergkamp, ljungberg, pires, sol, lehmann, ashley, lauren, gilberto, edu... that's 10 of them already in a 11-a-side game, and wonderful talents in reyes, van persie, pennant, cesc, hoyte to prove themselves... i reckon we can play better football than last year!

things are looking good and am i excited! ;D

Henry IV

I think we've got the right mixture of youth and experience and there's a lot of talent in this team.

A

Anonymous

Its all well and good having these fantastic young players who will make us a great team in a few years.

But its now that im worried about. We are champions and should have pushed on from this, instead we could if we are not carefull take a step backwards.

If Pat does go I hope he is replaced with quality and not on the cheap. When Wright left after the 98 double he wasnt replaced, we made do with Wreh who is one of the worst players I have ever seen. Big mistake.

I just hope Wenger gets it right this time.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
kazu said:
it's a great challenge to the 'kids', really exciting for them! the risk is that we MAY miss out on some of the trophies... :(

i still believe that our squad is big enough, just nice to keep everyone happy to fight for their place... we have experience in henry, bergkamp, ljungberg, pires, sol, lehmann, ashley, lauren, gilberto, edu... that's 10 of them already in a 11-a-side game, and wonderful talents in reyes, van persie, pennant, cesc, hoyte to prove themselves... i reckon we can play better football than last year!

things are looking good and am i excited! ;D
I don't think this is the case (losing cups) as we won't be playing them all at the same time. The other experienced players will help the youths from feeling the pressure of the big games. Also you forgot to add Toure to your list of experienced players.

Biggus

Established Member
Re:

kazu said:

:lol: Do you get the message?

Biggus

Established Member
Oh I don't know Sabre, kind of topical wouldn't you say. Heh heh it's amazing how up to date it sounds- just like when you read of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict 30 years ago.

sabret00the

Established Member
tbh i think it's a bullshit bump. it's irrelevant, i understand the point you're trying to raise, but i don't think this method of seemingly taking delight in an old thread is the way to go about it. old threads belong dead and buried.

Biggus

Established Member
It's not a ploy Sabre, When you see that the same old rhetoric is repeated every year I think it proves that as a strategy Wenger's youth policy has failed and as a team we are going nowhere. This remains a current thread if you just change the season to 08/09.
Anyway not all old threads become obsolete, it's hardly "Is Stepanovs the solution to our central defence" is it? But anyhow there doesn't seem to be much interest from anybody else but yourself so it will probably die a natural death (again). :wink:

alboots101

Established Member
Re:

beanz said:
They showed in the Carling cup last year that they can play well, but at the highest level it's all about being consistant.
I would'nt want to burden the youngsters with the weight of expectation too soon.
that saved a bit of typing again.

ha..

Anzac

Established Member
So sad to see the same sentiments from 4 years ago, and also that we've lost most of the members who bothered to post about it - wonder if there's a connection??????

General

Established Member
Great bump Biggus. Just wondering how many of the so called talented youngsters are left with us now. 05/06 - the year men became boys!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom