• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick's loyalty compared to henry for instance?

fuzz

It seems quite possible right now that arsenal may loose their talismanic captain to real in a few weeks, but many will will wish him well and say "he was an excellent servant to the club (arsenal)" i personally will only agree to that in part. Here's my personal view on viera's loyalty to arsenal in his 8 year tenure compared to his peer thierry.

Both Thierry and Pat were languishing in the regolith of the sidelines of major italian clubs, until Arsène spotted something in both of them and reinvigourated their stalling carrers. Pat knew he was a world class player and that his best position was central midfield, as did Arsène, it was just that the rest of the world at the time didn't know it. Thierry probably also knew he could be a a great player as did Arsène, but again the football world at that time didn't know it, but also not even Thierry knew his best position would be as a striker. Only Arsène foresaw that. That's the first important difference between Pat and Thierry, Thierry owes more to Arsène and Arsenal with regards ressurecting his career, firstly because the paid 10million for him, but also because of changing his positiona and making him a striker the best at that from being a por winger).

Now both these players are absolute world class in fact the best in their postions and both can command high wages plenty of pirks and have thei pick of the top clubs in the world. I'm sure as an arsenal fan we have all feared that either might leave the club. A season or two back for instance when Thierry's contract was coming to an end and Thierry was beginning to come into his own as a striker I was feaful he might leave for Real madrid or Barca or where ever, I remember on day thinking and worrying Thierry may leave us, but then the next morning i remeber reading the sun (yeah i know the sun haha) and turning staight to the back pages i was greeted by a big smiling Thierry. I read the article and Thierry was asked "why he had signed so soon/quickly?" and the question was implying "why didn't you leave arsenal?" Thierry's response was basically he loved the the club, he owed the club and he loved the fans etc........that's loyalty. In fact there was little if any actual saga with regards Thierry demanding more money or demanding the club signed more world class players etc......none of that he took his improved paypack with a smile which i think is around £50,000 a week and signed for 5 years. I mean the guy could have held the club to ransom or gone abroad and erned double tha, but he didn't.

Now every summer for we Arsenal fans arsenal fans are subject to the annual "will he won't he go" saga of Pat and real. While many of us including myself have found ourselves shouting at the TV screen screaming "**** off already real we ain't selling...pat ain't going nowhere!", but sometimes i think "well that's real that's their policy to buy the best", but that can all be nullified in one short statement from Pat, Just like when last week Freddie stated "i don't where these rumours are coming from, but i'm not leaving arsenal.....etc" (that was paraphrased btw). No, instead all we get is a long summer of rumours no offical statement from Pat, instead we have to stick it out till the start of the new seasona dn the closure of the transfer window, and then we eventually get a vague statement lik "people keep coming out with rumours i'm leaving, but every season i'm still here" (i know he said that earlier this year btw) know that hardly fills me with confidence that pat is with the club because he wants to really be here. Rather it screams he was really considereing leaving, but somehow some way the arsenal board or something has stopped him from going.

On one occasion Wenger pleaded and he stayed, another occasion when his contract was up he wanted more money, we gave it to him and later he called for more top clas signing (that last one may just be paper talk). From all that it seems to me that he is holding the club to ransom. Rther than him thanking the club and Arsène for reigniting his career he feels the club owes him something for him staying with them, it seems that he feels the clu is below him and that they should be thankful he has stayed with them. It seems that Pat is always to eager to leave the club at the drop of a hat, but that everytime something stops it.

Patrick has stuck with the club for 8 years and that i respect, but here's the difference between Thierry and Pat and why their is more to "loyalty" than just staying with a club. Pat and Thiery owe the club just as much as each other pretty much and both can leave if they choose. the difference is that one plays for the club not himself alone and despite both being french one seems to really love this club like his home. This time i feel Pat will go. He is 28 and now feels that this could be his last chance to jump ship before his decline. Don't get me wrong i want him to stay and if he does i will be over the moon, but if he leave i won't be surprised because i don't feel he ever held the club in as high reagards and others.

just my opinion

fuzz

CloudWalker

Great post. I think Pat just prob wants to get a Champion's League Medal, and he is prob frustrated Wenger's doesn't buy world-class players to help his chances.
Anyway, all Arsenal fans should not have any hard feelings if Pat left, he played for us 8 years, and he was prob one or THE most commited one on the field in his own quiet way; so he feels he wants to leave, I will respect his decisions and wish him well.
Though I wish he said something, suspense is killing everyone in this forum, but I do believe all of us are secretly enjoying it, IT's A FORUM and we need something to DISCUSS! ;D

kazu

yeah but he's more indebted to wenger who stood by him through his flurry of red cards....

can't expect everyone to have henry's love for arsenal... :wink:

henry's girl said:
joshua tree said:
henry's girl said:
nice one
I love Pat and will wish him luck wherever he goes but I wish he'll f**k off already

that's cos you are horrible :lol:
yay! treeman in the house :D

be nice, I'm not horrible

as previously discussed i've been learning off mr s and am no longer nice...i'm evil :evil:

i was bored so signed myself up to cause more chaos.mwa ha ha

henry's girl said:
Mr S is such a evil person, corrupting every innocent mind.

I love chaos :p POWER AND CHAOS ;D

Btw, I love AFCG7 :p

i was never innocent..i just had boundaries...which i have been learning to overstep.... power is good with it you can do this :bash

slapz

AFCG7 said:
Thats true.. most dirty, but certainly not horrible :p

yeah, she's the only one who desperately needs a bath. I disagree about patrick f'ing off as she says... even tho I hate him making us wait for a decision, I still want him to be playing in our team

Henry's Girl

slapz said:
AFCG7 said:
Thats true.. most dirty, but certainly not horrible :p

yeah, she's the only one who desperately needs a bath. I disagree about patrick f'ing off as she says... even tho I hate him making us wait for a decision, I still want him to be playing in our team
well u know me better than anyone except for the bath bit

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Left back (in the changing rooms)

Sorry. He was a central midfielder but never played because of the rule involving 3 foreigners in Italy.

not being evil....that's a novel idea...i might try that eventually...

i don't know what you're upset about i only called you horrible i've called you worse before..

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom