• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What do you want?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 1,457

Would you forgive and forget & love vieira still

• No, definately not, never again, hes screwed us

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, maybe if he pledges his future to AFC then you will reconsider

• Maybe, see how determined he looks

• Yes, but very hard to do so

• Yes, definately, he is a club legend

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I wont love him. In fact, I never loved him. He is my the less fave Arsenal player, I even like more Cygan than Vieira. I know he is our captain, i respect him but that`s all
I sorta feel the same. I mean hes not my least fave, but of our big names he is. Ive never really adored him for some reason. Maybe because i have always had the feelings he would up and leave for more money. Im not bothered if he leaves, it will take some serious making up to make me sing his name again, although i found myself singing it while watching the charity shield (when i heard all our fans singing), but then i did give myself a slap and shut up :lol:

Sammer

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Ive never really adored him for some reason. Maybe because i have always had the feelings he would up and leave for more money. :

guvnor,

just a thought: what player can you actually be sure of "not leaving for more money " ???

Are you sure, that our other key players will stay at Arsenal forever?

I can´t.

A

Anonymous

Good point, but what i mean is arsenal gives it players everything, great place, great team, great club, manager, players, squad, youth, facilities etc etc, there should be no money that can prize players away from us. Especially not the captain. I know i cant say non of our other players wouldnt leave for more money but i do have more faith in them. Im sure the likes of titti would prefer to play for such a great club instead of moving for a little bit more euros which he already has too much for him to spend anyway. However i have just always felt vieira is one of those greedy players that will drop everything without a care as long as he sees the cash at the end of it all.

thegame24

Established Member
"Great place", that reminds me i was outside Kanus house yesterday, Frickkin huge house.

If Vieira leaves, i will lose respect for him.

Henry IV

If his move to Real Madrid falls through, which looks unlikely, I would have no problems with him being in the team, after all we're stronger with him.

ozgooner

i'd say 3rd one!
if he realises the error of his way, and that his blood is red & white and proves it to all us fans i would gladly forget about this whole situation

KingReyes

Established Member
Sammer said:
Viera has the right to leave. No one can expect him to play at Arsenal forever. Arsenal is his employer, let´s not forget this and like many of us have probably done in our job, he has the right to leave a club if he feels that its good for him (for whatever reason).

People tend to forget that he has committed himself to the club for the last 8 years, giving 100% and making the difference in many games.

I am not sure if we are in the position to judge whether he has behaved badly in this whole transfer saga or not. If he has, we can blame him, but if he simply wants to leave, I cannot blame him.

But one thing is for sure....he´ll regret it shortly :D

There's no doubt Sammer that Vieira has given us 8 great years and if he feels its time to move on then so be it. But when you come out and say you're not leaving, that your future lies with Arsenal and so on and then suddenly when your linked away with a move and nothing comes out of your mouth its very upsetting.

n_henry

I'd forgive him, but can't go on like nothing's happened.

It's demoralising when your own captain would rather be somewhere else. :?

But I'd forgive him eventually. :D

JazzG

Established Member
Sammer, the reason we are upset is because he promised to stay. If he hadn't then we wouldn't of been bothered but he said he would stay and has now changed his mind. He is playing about with the emotions of fans which simply isn't on.

I don't know about Europe but in this country loyality is a big thing, if he leaves he would have been disloyal. From what others have said in the past this wouldn't be the first time he has tried to leave, Fergie once said he wanted to join man utd but we wouldn't let him. At the time I rubbished it but thinking about it maybe he wasn't lying...

Sammer

Established Member
JazzG,

I know what you mean, but you are talking from a fan-perspective. The reality might be cruel..which means that values like loyalty (which is a key element in being a fan of a football club) doesn´t mean so much for the players , when someone waves with the big checkbook.
Basically there is a huge gap in the loyalty of fans and players.

My point is: I believe that only the minority of world-class players can be called "loyal" when it comes to transfers and the possibility of earning more money.
And I wouldn´t bet on other players of our squad not leaving if they get a huge offer like that.

pome

it would be hard to forgive him now after all this, even if he stays things wont be the same! i voted 2

Andrew

If he stays then I'll forgive him. Now if he stays it's obvious the reason he would be because he's decided Arsenal over Real, which I would accept that he is determined as ever at Arsenal.

efurze

Please. People have short memories. If he announced he was staying and continued to play hard, no one would even remember this whole sad sordid affair by October. It's amazing how winning solves all problems. But it's irrelevant because he's leaving.

JazzG

Established Member
Sammer said:
JazzG,

I know what you mean, but you are talking from a fan-perspective. The reality might be cruel..which means that values like loyalty (which is a key element in being a fan of a football club) doesn´t mean so much for the players , when someone waves with the big checkbook.
Basically there is a huge gap in the loyalty of fans and players.

My point is: I believe that only the minority of world-class players can be called "loyal" when it comes to transfers and the possibility of earning more money.
And I wouldn´t bet on other players of our squad not leaving if they get a huge offer like that.

If media reports are to be believed he isn't really getting much more money and isn't even gonna be paid as much as the other superstars at R.Madrid so I doubt this move woud be over the money. He would be leaving if he thought they are a better club than us

When R.Madrid got rid of Makelele over he even took a few digs at them and was saying he was glad he didn't join them http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3076940.stm If him wanting to go to them is true didn't take him long to change his mind did it? He has betrayed the trust of every gooner, that is what hurts. Players come and go but to lie to us is just wrong.

Also we will be taunted by rival fans for some time as well. The Spuds and mancs will have a field day coming up with songs if he stays or even if he leaves :evil:

A.M.A.G.

I voted for option one... currently he's still with us, so there is nothing to forgive... but there is a lot to forget...

Vieira is definitely one of my favs, as much as I enjoy Thierry's magic, I enjoy seeing PV4 bossing the mid-field, making grown men look like school boys. And he's a grown man... so he can do whatever he wants... so him looking about securing his future is one thing... but I look at Real Madrid... and in terms of the football they're playing, i'm thinking "Patrick, is that what you're leaving us for :? :x ", a little confused, a little angry. So even if he stays now... he's tainted for me... not so much that he had doubts about staying... but the fact that these doubts were made public...

To understand how I'm feeling y'all should see the movie Troy...

when Agamemnon is whooping Paris' ass, and he thinks Paris is such a *****-ass punk, pissed and confused and he screams at Helen, "IS THIS WHAT YOU LEFT ME FOR?!?!?!??!" :x :? :x If Vieira leaves, this is what I want... to meet Real Madrid in the CL, and whoop them so bad... with Vieira having an excellent game... but it being all for naught... then the Arsenal players give him that look..."is this what you left us for?" :? :x :?

Biggus

Established Member
Ist one ...he wasnt even warming the bench at the san siro when Arsène :angel rescued him and now hes spat in his/Arsenals/our faces screw him, the Gunners will go marching on on on 8)

Biggus

Established Member
To understand how I'm feeling y'all should see the movie Troy...

when Agamemnon is whooping Paris' ass, and he thinks Paris is such a *****-ass punk, pissed and confused and he screams at Helen, "IS THIS WHAT YOU LEFT ME FOR?!?!?!??!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: I too like to turn to the classics for inspiration A.M.A.G.

MAK

Need another option - Nothing to fogive.

In a world run by money, greedy agents and predatory clubs like Real it is no wonder a player can have his head turned.

If Adams had been a 27 year old today I'm sure Real, Juve etc. would have done exactly the same to get him.

Football has changed so much in the last 10 years. Just think the true Gooners in the side are DB10, TH14, PV4, AC3. Very different to th team that we had a decade ago. That is not a criticism, just pointing out the changing face of football.

Players have a short shelf life. They have a right to take as much out of the game as they can, be it money or medals, as the game won't give two hoots about them when they hang up their boots.

Loyalty starts with making sure that you are doing the best for yourself...

Top Bottom