• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

France - Bosnia -- First team of Domenech

S_McKenzie

mendy plays great against brazil before the euro 2004 it could be over for sagnol if he confirm that 2 night.
Ismael was the best center back in the german bundesliga last year and domenech knows him from the u21 so he should consider him as the new desailly!

slapz

Adam said:
Mendy is the new Thuram. ;)

Adam, thanks for making me laugh.

Mendy defensively is poop... they should chuck him on the right wing and let him terrorise fullbacks with his pace

slapz

The new coach should give the new players a start as its only Bosnia so he can see how they gel in the international stage

Serip

Is the match on English TV? All there seems to be is wanky Scotland and England matches :evil:

brianfrance

Established Member
Serip, you can see the match on eurosport as ailbey said
Or if you have TF1... :lol: With titi and jean mimi :lol:

Serip

Bah following the game on football365.fr. 1-0 to France but Henry missed a penalty :( Allez Titi c'est pas grave!!!! Courage!!

Romain

The beginning of first half was nice, but then I really get bored... They don't play well, no passes, just long shots forward which do not lead to anything.
Henry made 3 good moves...

Bosnia scored after a great move and a big mistake of French defense.

One good point : the fans are louder than the ones in the Stade de France, which is not that difficult though. :lol:

Romain

What a boring match...
Since the time Mendy made an incredible run against Roberto Carlos for the FIFA gala match France-Brazil, it's like he thinks he can do the same everytime, it seems he forgot that there are 11 players...
I think Pedretti and Rothen were pretty poor, they just made long shots as France did during its poor Euro. Govou is still the same :/
Pires did not get a lot of balls, he got closer one time, really fast, I thought he could score as he did against Liverpool last year lol... what a dream.

Of course, this is not the same team which will play in September, fortunately. But there is a lot of work to be done.
What do you think about this 3/5/2 tactical choice ? I think for the defense it's far too short, and this lead th Bosnia's goal...

Serip

I wish Wenger could be the manager for France and Arsenal :( I have a feeling we're in for another period of mediocrity and it tears my heart out. I don't care that this team was young and inexperienced, we were playing against Bosnia at home and I expect more than 1-1 draw. The performance sounds lazy and very average. It doesn't matter how unimportant the game is, I want to see players really fighting for their place in the side especially after a bad Euro. I'm glad Zidane has retired, we need to get over our dependance on him and form a new team. I'm glad Domenech is putting faith into youth but 3-5-2 is just stupid, for that formation we'd need truly world class defenders which after WC98 we don't have.

I really think the only solution is to have Wenger as part time manager, he already knows where the French talent is and once he has worked out his starting XI, the work he'd need to put in would be minimal. Lemerre didn't change enough, Santini's tactics and motivational skills were **** and Domenech... well i'm not convinced but I won't criticise him just yet as he doesn't deserve that sort of treatment. After 3 or 4 qualifier games I will be able to have a good idea of his abilities. Sadly my wish will not come true and I am pessimistic about WC06. The last two tournament defeats still depress me but i'll never stop wearing my France shirt even in this country!

I hope the French mess up in Germany2006 just like they did in Korea/Japan 2002 and Portugal2004.

If only Di Biagio had scored his penalty in Q-Fs 1998.

If only Italy took their chances in Final 2000 and Raul scored his penalty in Q-Fs 2000.

brianfrance

Established Member
Woolwich_Arsenal said:
I hope the French mess up in Germany2006 just like they did in Korea/Japan 2002 and Portugal2004.

If only Di Biagio had scored his penalty in Q-Fs 1998.

If only Italy took their chances in Final 2000 and Raul scored his penalty in Q-Fs 2000.
If only...if only....too much if only there
saut3.gif

Jinn

Established Member
Hopefully he's got that out of his system -- he'll be blasting them in for Arsenal.

Top Bottom