• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène wengers best players

Gregwin04

just wondering what you lot would think would be our bosses best players of all time. the players he has baught as nothing and made into superstars

my top 5 wenger players

1. TH14 (because he is the best in the world)
2. George Weah (umm because he was good)
3. PV4 (shaped into the best DM in the world)
4. Marc Overmars (top top quality player)
5. AC3 (molded by AW and he didant evan have to buy him)

thats what i think anyway

Mark

Established Member
1. Vieira (From going nowhere to becoming the best CDM in the world)
2. Henry (From career going downhill to become the best striker in the world)
3. Toure (Midfielder found from nowhere, now a top defender)
4. Cole (Arsenal youth, now best LB in the world)
5. Clichy and Fabregas will prove to be.

DB10

freddie......... noone heard of him before he came to the arse for like 50k....

i don't buy that bullshit from houllier that he was ooffered freddie but turned him down........ who comes out and says, i was offered to by zidane for 50k when he was 18 but i said no cause i have smicer.........

also you ahve to say kolo... but we can;t really judge him on a season....

probably add anelka in there as well

A

Anonymous

Re: Arsène wengers best players

Gregwin04 said:
just wondering what you lot would think would be our bosses best players of all time. the players he has baught as nothing and made into superstars

my top 5 wenger players

1. TH14 (because he is the best in the world)
2. George Weah (umm because he was good)
3. PV4 (shaped into the best DM in the world)
4. Marc Overmars (top top quality player)
5. AC3 (molded by AW and he didant evan have to buy him)

thats what i think anyway

who is #5 ???

A

Anonymous

Greg, I agree with your list, except I would put Kolo ahead of Cole, as the latter was not really a discovery. He came out of the ranks. Also, I'd place both Vieira and Weah ahead of Henry. Henry at least had a reputation, and after the world cup, his strifles at Juventus notwithstanding, most in France expected big things from him. Wenger saw greatness in Vieira and plucked him out of Milan. Weah is one of the greatest forwards to have ever played the game.

MAK

There is no doubt that he has an eye for talent and has made some great signings.

I'd have to add Anelka to this list as well as Manu Petit. Great players for us while they were here and we made a pretty penny on them also.

Another point worth mentioning is how managed to get several more years out of Adams, Keown, Dixon & Winterburn when many people seemed to think that they were over the hill. He revived their careers and saved himself having to go out and buy replacements.

calvinngai88

1. Thierry Henry
2. Nicolas Anelka
3. Marc Overmars
4. Emmanuel Petit
5. Ashley Cole
6. Kolo Toure
7. George Weah
8. Freddie Ljungberg

Denish

Pires was already good, he wasn't so much of a discovery. Wenger just turned him into a powerful winger rather than a lightweight attacking centre mid.

Gotta be Weah, Henry, Kolo, Vieira and Franny Jeffers.

... 8)

johe

Thierry Henry
Patrick Vieira
Nicolas Anelka
Marc Overmars
Kolo Toure
Fredrik Ljungberg
Manu Petit
George Weah
Ashley Cole
Gael Clichy
Cesc Fabregas

Although that is more of a list of Wengers best discoveries. The best players I'd have to say are:

Thierry Henry
Patrick Vieira
Robert Pires
Marc Overmars
Nicolas Anelka
Manu Petit
George Weah
Ashley Cole
Kolo Toure
Fredrik Ljungberg

Two separate lists there ;)

A

Anonymous

surely george weah ranks higher than that
he even admitted himself that it was due to Arsène that he managed to settle into european football

A

Anonymous

Overmars wasn't bought as 'nothing', before Arsenal bought him, he won the CL with Ajax...so everyone knew him already

Henry IV

Thierry Henry
THEN: A left winger with bags of pace but not a great goalscoring instinct
NOW: The most complete forward in world football

Patrick Vieira
THEN: A spare part at AC Milan, frittering away his time.
NOW: A powerhouse, midfield dynamo. The best in the word in CM

Marc Overmars
THEN: A crocked winger with a dodgy knee
NOW(ie 1997-2000): A zippy incisive winger-striker who decided big games with crucial goals

Kolo Toure
THEN: A bubbly all over-the-place defender/midfielder
NOW: A fast, powerful centre-back, who saved Wenger millions

Ashley Cole
THEN: A raw kid from the academy
NOW: One of the best three left-backs in the world, if not the best

Edu
THEN: A guy with a dodgy passport
NOW: A consistent performer in CM and a scorer of important goals and good on set pieces.

rachael-8

DB10 said:
freddie......... noone heard of him before he came to the arse for like 50k....

i don't buy that bullshit from houllier that he was ooffered freddie but turned him down........ who comes out and says, i was offered to by zidane for 50k when he was 18 but i said no cause i have smicer.........

i thought freddie cost us like 3million?

Gregwin04

yeh as far as i can remember Freddie did cost us about 3 mill the reason i didant chuck him in is because i dont thibnkhe has been as consitantly brilliant as Ash.
also with respect to kolo he has only realy been one of our forst choice for a season maby he will get 2nd season jitters as so many players so in my mind the jury is still out on him
i still think henry is AW best buy we have all seen talent and world class players befour but to have a player who is the best forward in the world who was converted from a dodgy left sided midfielder is incredable IMO anyway

Latest posts+

Top Bottom