• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyg

Actually, it's a trial contract that he's coming over for... oops. Sorry. And there is thought to be a fee of between £200,000 and £300,000.

asajoseph

Established Member
Er right... Vito Mannone I know nothing about, but he seems too young to be a replacement for Lehmann...

And since when were we in the business of giving multibuy discounts on our players?

timmyg

Vito Mannone isn't going to be first-team material (unless I have REALLY underestimated him...) for a few years so is very unlikely to be anything other than a 'hot prospect'.

The premise in the Vieira-Pires link is that Juve want both players but that they are much more likely to get Paddy if they also get Bobby, what with them being bestest buds and all. The paper reckons that Arsenal would want about 4 million Euros for Bobby, and about 20 odd million Euros for Paddy. But the Arse might do what they did with Overmars-Petit to Barca by slapping one price on the both of them so that Juve HAVE to take Bobby even if they think he's too expensive.

It's probably tosh anyway. I really can't see Paddy leaving this year.

A

Anonymous

I'm confident on Vieira not leaving Arsenal ...As for Pires ... I'm not that confident ....

Jkreffer

Established Member
Im pretty confident Pires and Arsenal willl reach an agreement. I hope they do anyway. It would be unbelievable if we let him go for the sake of another year of him being here.

black187

Juventus main man will come tommorow to Arsenal, to talk about Vieira.
source: italian media.

I hope we will not sell him :(

AFCG7

Established Member
He can come and talk about Vieira.. and then he can go back and tell everyone we said no.

timmyg

Today is 'The Day of Truth' apparently. Juve reps are in London to see whether they can or can't buy Vieira. Should be a short meeting.

Plenty of drooling by Juve, though still nothing from the Arsenal end being reported here.

I actually think they'll be talking about Pires too... Though that's just my own specualtive comment!

Ratinho

Established Member
They can have Vieira for Appiah, Zambrotta and Ibrahimovich.

That should make it a very short meeting. ;)

kel varnsen

Established Member
black187 said:
Juventus main man will come tommorow to Arsenal, to talk about Vieira.
source: italian media.

I hope we will not sell him :(

frankly, i don't really care if we sell him or not. vieira isn't what he used to be and we do just fine without him. if the money is right, let him go and then sign ballack.

A

Anonymous

Ibrahimovic will be an amazing player if not now definately in the next few seasons. Vieira wont go to juventus so chill guy!! hes best here showing no passion and trying to con refs.......what am i sayin get rid of him!!!

asajoseph

Established Member
Ballack won't move unless it's for stupid money, because, like our situation with Pires, Bayern have no reason to sell him. They're a wealthy club in a big league almost guaranteed success - why sell their most prized asset at a knockdown price? He'll be 29 in September, Wenger will NOT spend the big money required on a player that old, and nor should he.

kissmyface

Juventus jet in with an eye on Pires

Juve target French duo as Arsenal eye Appiah

Matt Scott
Thursday July 7, 2005
The Guardian

Representatives of Juventus were in London yesterday with sources in Italy claiming that Roberto Bettega and Luciano Moggi were meeting Arsenal with a view to signing Patrick Vieira and Robert Pires.

Arsenal, who themselves are interested in Juve's Stephen Appiah, would resist any moves for their captain, who would be extremely unlikely to return to Italy anyway - where he has suffered racial abuse when playing for Arsenal - but Pires's future needs to be resolved and the Gunners would listen to offers of around £4m for a player who has 12 months left on his contract.

Article continues
For their part Arsenal, who lost Edu to Valencia on a Bosman last month, are on the look-out for a holding midfielder to provide back-up for Gilberto Silva, and would be interested in brokering a deal for the 24-year-old Ghanaian, possibly involving Pires.

Arsenal's pursuit of the Sevilla striker Julio Baptista has struck a problem, however, and it may scupper their chances of landing the £10m-rated Brazil international.

The FA Cup winners had hoped to sign Baptista with an £8m down payment followed by £2m in conditional monies. However strong interest from Barcelona and a more tentative approach from Real Madrid have caused Sevilla to reassess the situation.

That was sparked by the revelation that Baptista expects to gain Spanish nationality in December, making him more attractive to Spanish clubs, where limits are placed on the number of non-EU nationals in teams. In England no such rules apply, however the stringent regulations on work permits - whereby players must have featured in 75% of their country's recent matches - mean Baptista would probably only qualify to play in the Premiership following a successful appeal to the Home Office.

Though the Sevilla chairman José María del Nido has a good relationship with Arsenal following Jose Antonio Reyes's transfer to Highbury last year, he has also informed the Gunners that their valuation falls a long way short of his own.

It is likely to require a bid of close to the £17.5m in cash and conditional payments that secured Reyes for Baptista to follow him to Arsenal, and that would probably be too much.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Juve are in town to try and sell Trezeguet to Arsenal or Chelsea. This is 100%.

All this talk regarding Vieira ad Pires is utter rubbish ....Wenger will not release either.

All that being said we will not pay the cash they want for Trezeguet.

demoman50

frankly, i don't really care if we sell him or not. vieira isn't what he used to be and we do just fine without him. if the money is right, let him go and then sign ballack.

Vieira's always had an interrupted pre-season which makes it hard for him. I expect to be at his peak again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom