• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCG7

Established Member
Emerson NO. Emerson is nowhere near Vieira's league..sorry but he doesnt cut it for me. If Juve want to entertain swap deals tell them send Cannavaro this way and gives us £6 million and we'll consider it.

Ratinho

Established Member
Emerson is a long way behind the younger guys now. He's steadily decreased in energy in my eyes, and although he is a good link man, he lacks the power of players coming through like Diarra, Essien (they all play for bloody Lyon! :lol: ), and still Vieira.

We obviously can't get Essien, so Diarra is a very natural replacement. And having seen a lot of him this season, I think whatever happens with Vieria, in the long term, this is the kind of player I want coming to Arsenal.

jester

Established Member
didnt wenger say earlier in the market that vieira, henry and pires will all stay?

also, so what he's 30? people are saying next year we wont get alot for him. so? we dont have to sell him next year, or year after, we didnt do it with bergkamp when he reached 30 or other players. older players do not have to be sold. we are not in financial problems. keane has gone on from 30 (not as good, but still bloody affective) and vieira is better.

A

Anonymous

Don't want Vieira. Simple as. No matter how good a player is, he isn't bigger than the club, and after what he did last season, I don't want that **** anywhere near our club.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
Don't want Vieira. Simple as. No matter how good a player is, he isn't bigger than the club, and after what he did last season, I don't want that **** anywhere near our club.

Oh, shut up.

fuma75

Mascherano is incredible but he won't come.
Abrahomobitch(or whatever his name is) put some money in Corinthians.

fatalfury

Mascherano is incredible but he won't come.
Abrahomobitch(or whatever his name is) put some money in Corinthians.

WHAT you mean Abrahimovich has interests in Conrinthians too??? Damn that man has money everywhere!

What about Udinesse's David Pizzaro? He was originally slated by Capello to partner Emerson in Juve's midfield. Very energetic guy but he can't tackle to save his own life :x

asajoseph

Established Member
According to latest reports, Juve will offer a 'swap' deal for Vieira, although nowhere are potential players named.

What we do know though, is that several players have been named by Moggi as available bargaining chips: Enzo Maresca, Miccoli, Appiah, and perhaps Zebina too.

Don't want any of that lot, I have to say...

AFCFan4Ever

If I'm selling him to Juve, it's gotta be straight cash...they just don't have the players to make a player swap enticing, Real might though. Anyone else think Arsenal will sell Vieira if for nothing else to give AC3 the captaincy in hopes he'll stay? I think they might.

fatalfury

What we do know though, is that several players have been named by Moggi as available bargaining chips: Enzo Maresca, Miccoli, Appiah, and perhaps Zebina too.

Aye. they are good players but not "World Class" material. Since the Baptista deal is dead in the water maybe we should trade him for Zlatan "I can't hit the side of a barn with a shotgun" Ibrahimovich. Henry can teach him some finishing skills! HAHAHAHAHA

asajoseph

Established Member
I think it would be the biggest cop out in the world to see Cole given the Captaincy as a bribe. It would be thoroughly disgusting, and would be an insult to the commitment of players like Henry and Bergkamp, as well as us as fans.

Cole will NOT be captain.

Fatalfury, I'm with you on your assessment of those players - they're all decent, but we need to replace Vieira (if he leaves) with a world class signing, and to do that we need money. Appiah doesn't fit the bill, Miccoli's small and neither or Zebina or Maresca qualify as anything more than decent.

AFCFan4Ever

I know, I don't want Cole to be captain and quite frankly I hope we sell him for a large sum of cash...I was just throwing it out there, never know what AW and the BOD are thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom