• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asajoseph

Established Member
Trezeguet :roll:

Yup, that's just what we need - a constantly injured striker who we know can't play with Henry. Ideal.

AFCFan4Ever

The only players that I'd want from Juve would be either Zlatan or Buffon and since neither of those will be coming here, it'd better be a LARGE sum of cash coming this direction.

chris66

This is such a non story it is ridiculous. There are no real transfers going on so these things just feed on themselves as the media desperately try to conjure up something out of nothing. Anyone who follows Arsenal stories on NewsNow can see how they develop. This is how it works:

1. Someone comes up with something (usually an out of context quote or mischief making by some agent or manager trying to stir things up a bit)
2. It then gets reported in the media and sensationalized a little (or a lot).
3. Gets picked up by every other media source via the news wires.
4. Next reported as fact or at least the "no smoke without fire" school of journalism.
5. Some mongs start appearing on web sites saying "if he loved the club he would deny all this" or "he's not committed".
6. 99/100 it all comes to nothing.

In this case there is the old fart Hill Wood, whose role at Arsenal is purely ceremonial (he owns less than 1% these days) blubbering on about something he knows little about. Wenger is talking to the players and DD every day, multiple times, but this old fart has to wait until the next board meeting before he gets caught up. Any decision will have been made before them by the inner circle (Wenger, DD) and the board will be asked to rubber stamp it.

Calm down guys. yes, Juve want Vieira, so does everyone (except for the usual rent an idiot crowd). If he leaves, which he will eventually, it will be Wenger who decides. he was his first signing and has played for him for 8 years, unless Vieira truly wants to go and there is no sign that he intiated anything.

If Stevie G was still flirting with Chelsea, we would have heard nothing of all this.

gunner_down_under

**** nah, there is no player from juventus who would be replacing vieira in midfield....to a small extent, emerson, but they have already said they want vieira to partner emerson in mifield....so, unless buffon or nedved is thrown in, i dont think this is viable!

thegame24

Established Member
you know what really pisses me off about papers is the way they talk about it like its definatly happening.

so ****ing arrogant and annoying.

and 14 million for vieira? wtf seriously vieira is the best at what he does we dont need to sell him for 14 million.

A

Anonymous

RocktheCasbah said:
coolcool2 said:
RocktheCasbah said:
coolcool2 said:
Don't want Vieira. Simple as. No matter how good a player is, he isn't bigger than the club, and after what he did last season, I don't want that **** anywhere near our club.

Oh, shut up.

wow, that's a highly mature reply!

To a highly mature post, you aren't worth the energy mate.

atleast justify your opinion with a reason. He wasn't loyal to Arsenal last season and only stayed due to the contract negotiations with Madrid not working out. I don't want such a player at our club. Simple as. Yet we have him as the club captain. Cole, Vieira, mercenaries!

invisibleman18

Established Member
well hes given us close to 10 years service despite other clubs chasing him every season.
i dont think thats hugely disloyal.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Real Madrid star Zinedine Zidane has urged his former France team-mate Patrick Vieira to join him in Spain. (Daily Mirror, The Sun)

But it may be too late, with Juventus close to agreeing a fee of £12.3m for the Arsenal captain. (The Daily Telegraph)

On the other hand, Arsenal are demanding at least £20m, putting Real back in the box seat as they look to sign their first "galatico" of the summer. (Daily Express)

mood

12.3m is toooo ****ing little! we can squeeze much more for him. If that's how the board are going tobe, then why didnt they sell him for 20something million last year and told Vieira they dont want him so he cant 'change his mind'.

I dont think Vieira himself wants to leave. Right now, he's being forced out of the club. This is not good. Hopefully it never happens, atleast, not for that price.

luma

what the hell is going on i dont understand arsenal trying to sell him may be he has found some rough diamond that he thinks can be worldclass and if this happens he better have someone good or the fans will be mad

Ratinho

Established Member
luma said:
what the hell is going on i dont understand arsenal trying to sell him may be he has found some rough diamond that he thinks can be worldclass and if this happens he better have someone good or the fans will be mad

Firstkly, we aren't trying to sell him. Clubs have come in and made offers, we think, and this is what happens in football. At 29, Vieira is still worth a wedge of around £15m and, in his personal case, it's his last chance to have any kind of career in a different league.

And 10 years at a club he started with no links to, and has been wanted by the likes of Madrid for 5 years, only ever asking to talk to them last summer. Yeah, people claiming he hasn't been loyal and commited don't really seem to have any knowledge of Arsenal prior to around 2002-2003. :roll:

Diarra for £3m Asa?? Hmmmm. :?

vcc1965

even if we do sell vieira and pires ...both of whom have been great for us...but both of whom have contributed to a team that cant win back too back titles or the champs league..so they cant be that bloody irreplaceable, and both of whom will only be let go if wenger says he can do without them. This is the same manager who was questioned for letting bould and nigel and adams go at the same time but he changed the defence and won the league again . also this is the man who has won 3 x league titles, 4 x fa cup and been seven years in the top two. So unless anyone else on this forum has achieved that..then none of us are in a position to question wengers decisions. :!:

Ratinho

Established Member
Yes we are, because that's our right as fans. No-one's untouchable bud, even if I do pretty much agree with what you said.

Although your comment about not winning back to back titles and the CL is redundant. Anyone who can't see how much Vieria and Pires have contributed to this club....well, you aint been watching.

Chips&CurrySauce

Some Italian journalist (not Gabrielle Marcotti) who is very close to the Juventus board admits that Juve seriously want Patrick.. Capello sees Patrick as the final piece for his team.. Capello has also always admired patrick, apparantly it was capello who took Patrick to AC Milan all those years ago.. He also was against AC Milan selling him to us but the board at the time pewrsuaded him to sell as he wasn't a first teamer.. The problem is Juve don't have much money, which is why they are trying to sell players or use players as part of the deal.. Apparantly they really want to sell Trezeguet but obviously his price tag of 30 million is putting people off.. Anyway this bloke concluded by saying 'what Cappello wants he gets!'

dboo

The best thing to happen to Arsenal would be to sell Pires and Vieira. We have achieved nothing in the Champions League with the 2 players in our team. I bet Wenger would have studied the reason why we continue to fail in the Champions League and realise that apart from Henry, none of these 2 who are part pf our most senior players have ever taken a game by the scruff of the neck and willed the team to win in the Champions League. If something is not working then it is time for radical action. The time is now. We need a bunch of players who are hungry as the core of our team and who are willing to do whatever the manager wants to achieve that goal.

I fervently believe that the sale of these 2 players would go down in Arsenal history as one of the best moves we ever made. Remember when we sold Anelka? Who did we get? Henry. Remember when Ferguson sold Ince who are regarded as untouchable, who did he get? keane and we all know what happened after that.

AW is finally taking a radical decision which shows his strength. It also sends a message to the rest of the team that he has no favourites. If you are not doing the business, you will go. It was obvious all last year that Vieira is in decline and the same for Pires. When was the last time we saw the Vieira who totally dominated the FA Cup final against Liverpool? The same goes for Pires. Look at his assists number, they continue to decline and he no longer does any real defensive work.

AW, brave decision on your part to sell. We Arsenal fans support you wholeheartedly.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
RocktheCasbah said:
coolcool2 said:
RocktheCasbah said:
coolcool2 said:
Don't want Vieira. Simple as. No matter how good a player is, he isn't bigger than the club, and after what he did last season, I don't want that **** anywhere near our club.

Oh, shut up.

wow, that's a highly mature reply!

To a highly mature post, you aren't worth the energy mate.

atleast justify your opinion with a reason. He wasn't loyal to Arsenal last season and only stayed due to the contract negotiations with Madrid not working out. I don't want such a player at our club. Simple as. Yet we have him as the club captain. Cole, Vieira, mercenaries!

How many jobs have you been in for ten years?

If you haven't, how can you question Vieira's loyalty?

Soler

Established Member
THE SUN

# Juventus expect to wrap up a £12million move for Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira this week with the Gunners having already lined up Lyon's Mahamadou Diarra as Vieira's replacement.

La dee da.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom