• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mood

The reports aren't official.. so it could be a big rumour, but I would break something if the transfer fee is what the reports say they are! What is the board thinking? if this was the case we could've sold him to Real for much more.

Soler

Established Member
'On the table.'

Means he hasn't signed anything, which means I'm believing the gaff about him still being on vacation RTC (I think it was) said a few hours ago.

mood

£18m + a player would be a good deal for a almost 30 yr old in my opinion.

But either way, I still want him to remain. Why break something we already have? it will be SO hard to replace him. There are very few good players available in that position these days. Look at Man Utd, they are failing to find a replacement for Keane.

Feis-al

DC Gunner said:
mood said:
£18m + a player would be a good deal for a almost 30 yr old in my opinion.

That £18m [if true] better be used to buy someone good though.

18m plus the lot should go straight to Lyon and replace him with Essien if he flexible to want to play for us :lol:

_scorpion_

Established Member
I woudnt be suprised if Wenger sold Campbell. He is too ambitious to play back up and they have not been on best terms for a while. That being said I'd like to see somone brought in first.

gstew

_scorpion_ said:
I woudnt be suprised if Wenger sold Campbell. He is too ambitious to play back up and they have not been on best terms for a while. That being said I'd like to see somone brought in first.

Like Chivu of Roma??

Legend#1

Established Member
gstew said:
_scorpion_ said:

Like Chivu of Roma??

That would be brilliant..

Chivu is ****ing quality.

dev_atdi

And plus Sol's extremely high salary (100k is it?) can be probably halfed with a better quality centre-back. He's lost his touch.

Ratinho

Established Member
No-one's basing this on the toss in the papers today, are they?

He may be sold if Wenger has a replacement in mind, but not based on the fact that 'a source close to the club' has mentioned it. :roll:

baccy_man

Established Member
dev_atdi said:
And plus Sol's extremely high salary (100k is it?) can be probably halfed with a better quality centre-back. He's lost his touch.

if i remember correctly sol signed a 2 year contract with a 50% cut in wages taking him down to 50K.

lee1001

Established Member
I don't believe we are looking to offload Campbell.

That would leave us with Toure, Senderos and Cygan. A team fighting for the premiership and CL need more cover than that.

asajoseph

Established Member
Considering our limitations at the back, we need more cover even without losing Sol - I can't see us taking another step backwards, before we take the required steps forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom