• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kym7224

If it is true on the pricewise it is really good business (if it is really 8M) but I'm afraid we have to find replace first.

Davis and Company are still too young we need exprience in 4 back to command whole 4.

With Toure 25 years old, Senderos Davis or Company and Cygan? it is too young maybe.

asajoseph

Established Member
A couple of things...

I can't believe Fenerbahce would pay that much for him - he's old, and over the hill, and likely to still earn big wages! Still, I guess he's still a name, and it seems to me that chairmen of Turkish clubs make a big deal of prestige signings...

Secondly, why on earth is Sol willing to go there? I can understand that, with all the media circus surrounding him this season, and the stories about his private life it might be very appealing to leave the country and play out the rest of his career somewhere else for a few seasons, but Turkey of all places? I'd have thought Italy or Spain might be a little more likely....

Still, I'll be laughing if this is true - haven't quite forgiven Sol for walking out against the hammers, and his form isn't something we'll miss. Great piece of business for a player who's probably not quite up to scratch any more...

Legend#1

Established Member
anelka4eva said:
Legend#1 said:
Fener fans are cool.. much better than those Galatasaray bastards.
:lol:
You are my bro after now :D
the best post was urs :p

Benis Turkcem cok iyir degil, annem ve babam kibrisdandir.

Ben Ingilterre de dogdum.

Benin takam Arsenal, Turkiyede Fenerbachedir.

Sorry, benim Turkceyim yazmasir iyir degil

Most of u guys think that he doesn't worth 12M..

think about this story:

there is talented player who plays for Carlisle United called 'Jim Goldenfoot'

u gooners want him so bad.. his value is around 4M, how can Boro buy that guy? They have to spend maybe double right?

If they pay as much as u do, mr. goldenfoot will definitely prefer highbury.. its life and its business..

Legend#1 said:
anelka4eva said:
Legend#1 said:

no worries, ur turkish is pretty good..

Legend#1

Established Member
portFbl@nd said:
Legend#1 said:
anelka4eva said:
Legend#1 said:

no worries, ur turkish is pretty good..

That's the 1st time i've wrote in Turkish for about 6 years, when I lived in Lefkosa! :lol:

el jefe

asajoseph said:
Secondly, why on earth is Sol willing to go there? I can understand that, with all the media circus surrounding him this season, and the stories about his private life it might be very appealing to leave the country and play out the rest of his career somewhere else for a few seasons, but Turkey of all places? I'd have thought Italy or Spain might be a little more likely....quote]

I wonder just how ambitious Sol is at this point. A few years back he suggested that he might play in the U.S. once he was off contract with Arsenal (and also some bollocks about wanting to conquer Angelina Jolie :eek:ops: ).

asajoseph

Established Member
portFbl@nd said:

think about this story:

u gooners want him so bad.. his value is around 4M, how can Boro buy that guy? They have to spend maybe double right?

If they pay as much as u do, mr. goldenfoot will definitely prefer highbury.. its life and its business..

That doesn't really make a lot of sense.

First of all, players don't actually have price labels stuck to them 24/7. The transfer value of a player is the higher of a club's minimum valuation and the top bid a club the player's willing to move to is willing to pay. There is no magic formula to work out a player's value... Sol Campbell is only worth what anyone's willing to pay - and I'm amazed that anyone at all is willing to pay that much for him.

Secondly, if Fener are bidding against someone else, they don't have to double the other bid, they just have to offer a material improvement upon it.

Thirdly, in 99% of cases a player doesn't care how much money changes hands between the clubs to sign him (see Theo Walcott for an exception) - what matters to Sol is what Fener offer him, not what Fener offer Arsenal.

Asa

kym7224

Maybe next year 2007 is Centenary 100th year of fener so they need big name signing even he is over the hill in Premier League Sol can have good 2 year left in Turkish League.

(Turkish fans I don't underestimate you but average levels of league standard is different and we all agree EPL is bigger league.)

They have miserable year with their standard this year and you have to bounce back big for special year.

That's maybe this signing possible.

By Sol's point of view I really don't have idea maybe it is really his personal problem or whatever, but it is not impossible thing to go Turkey end of your career.

Fab Fabre04

8 mil is a great price but I feel kind sad. I was asking for his head after he kept on prducing bad performances and not apologizing to the fans when he went AWOL.

After the CL final he didn't look like a player on his way out and he produced quite a good performance. His header must have given him some confidence. He's been a very physical player and he's got a lot of height and is good at headers. Good news for Phillipe. He's a 30+ player, time to make way for a new generation. This is a new era for Arsenal F.C

I loved us ripping Sp**s off for him. Like to trade him for Ledley King.

el jefe said:
asajoseph said:
I wonder just how ambitious Sol is at this point. A few years back he suggested that he might play in the U.S. once he was off contract with Arsenal (and also some bollocks about wanting to conquer Angelina Jolie :eek:ops: ).

hmm..

we heard about the stories.. it was like 3-4 months ago, he ran away w one of his dates?

u can't believe how many turkish models are willing to see this big guy in istanbul night life :?

asajoseph

Established Member
el jefe said:
asajoseph said:
Secondly, why on earth is Sol willing to go there? I can understand that, with all the media circus surrounding him this season, and the stories about his private life it might be very appealing to leave the country and play out the rest of his career somewhere else for a few seasons, but Turkey of all places? I'd have thought Italy or Spain might be a little more likely....quote]

Sure, but still, why Turkey? He could probably walk into top teams still in 95% of the leagues around Europe, he could go to the States, he could go to Qatar.

Nothing against Turkey, I'm sure it's a lovely place, I'm just a little surprised that they offered the most attractive prospect at this point...

anelka4eva

portFbl@nd said:
el jefe said:
asajoseph said:

hmm..

we heard about the stories.. it was like 3-4 months ago, he ran away w one of his dates?

u can't believe how many turkish models are willing to see this big guy in istanbul night life :?
lol
this may be happen, and i bet he will like the night life in Istanbul too :)
People says " to bring an english to Turkey is very hard, but Millions are coming to Turkey for holiday :eek:ops: :D

Legend#1
ur turkish is pretty good if u havent used it for 6 yrs!

asajoseph said:
portFbl@nd said:

think about this story:

That doesn't really make a lot of sense.

First of all, players don't actually have price labels stuck to them 24/7. The transfer value of a player is the higher of a club's minimum valuation and the top bid a club the player's willing to move to is willing to pay. There is no magic formula to work out a player's value... Sol Campbell is only worth what anyone's willing to pay - and I'm amazed that anyone at all is willing to pay that much for him.

Secondly, if Fener are bidding against someone else, they don't have to double the other bid, they just have to offer a material improvement upon it.

Thirdly, in 99% of cases a player doesn't care how much money changes hands between the clubs to sign him (see Theo Walcott for an exception) - what matters to Sol is what Fener offer him, not what Fener offer Arsenal.

Asa

1. its the end of the season for many countries and its the only time that you can consider the values of the players exactly.. its done, he cant do any better, he played the season and he'll get what he deserves (he=any player)

2. Milan is interested in Sol as well, as far as we heard.. Arsenal has 2 options.. selling him or keeping him.. if they ask 12M it means that the opportunity cost of losing Sol is 12M, if our offer matches it happens.. if milan offers more they get him.. that's the club..

Sol has heard that there are 2 offers for him and Arsenal accepted both.. To be honest if I were him I wouldn't go to Turkey if the offer is definitely higher than Milan's.. Of course there are other reasons.. Maybe he doesnt want to push himself anymore (which is not good for us).. he is 32.. he has some problems.. bla bla..

3. I agree..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom