• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend#1

Established Member
seb_afc said:
Personally i dont want sol to go. I think if he can work hard over the summer and get match fit, he has ALOT to offer us.
I don't.

He's injury prone and it won't get better as the years go on.. ask Tony Adams.

Wenger knows if you're physical state is in decline, ask Vieira, I trust Wenger.

EL_Turco_

Legend#1 said:
EL_Turco_ said:
Come on guys... you know you'll regret it and wish you never sold him. :D

Trust me, we've had his best years :)

No one knows the future... Maybe you'll get Thuram and he'll be injured, and Sol will have a great season? Who knows? He was generally injured this year, but we all know he's a great defender.

Tegh

Established Member
McKenna, I don't want Mexes, there are far better defenders around than he at the moment.

Six million Euro's is still four million pounds, and for a player of Campbells age, after his season, and with his chances of injuries recurring, it's a very good deal.

On a side note, just watching TV..A guy crying over a ****ing corn of the cob with clover on it? What a * advert.

anelka4eva

PhantomGooner said:
Turkish league is underrated. But it is true that the average standard is probably a fair bit lower than the other major european leagues.

A few teams stand out (Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Besiktas), but the other teams are rather obscure. Correct me if i'm wrong on that.
yes u r deffo true!
but this is the same for most of leagues in Europe!
what about Scotland League? only Rangers and Celtic!
What about Portugal? only Benfica,Porto and Sporting Lisbon
what about Holland? PSV,Ajax and Feyenoord
and other teams are not so high quality teams..
yes Turkey is underrated league, but its growin up with the class players like Ariel Ortega, Pierre Van Hooijdonk, Hagi, Anelka and Alex :wink:

Legend#1

Established Member
EL_Turco_ said:
Legend#1 said:
EL_Turco_ said:
Come on guys... you know you'll regret it and wish you never sold him. :D

Trust me, we've had his best years :)

No one knows the future... Maybe you'll get Thuram and he'll be injured, and Sol will have a great season? Who knows? He was generally injured this year, but we all know he's a great defender.

He's been in decline and getting injuries on a regular basis since 2004 and because of this, he hasn't had a good season since 2004.

You're right, he might be more motivated and perform better at Fener, away from the English media.

I'm just telling you what I think.

Nothing in football is predictable, alright.

Stranger things have happened than this, so i certainly wouldnt put it past campbell to have a good season next year. If he does leave, i wish him all the best, yes he did let us down this season. But he still put in several seasons of superb service before this, and for that he still deserves some thanks.

Mckenna

Tegh said:
McKenna, I don't want Mexes, there are far better defenders around than he at the moment.

Six million Euro's is still four million pounds, and for a player of Campbells age, after his season, and with his chances of injuries recurring, it's a very good deal.

On a side note, just watching TV..A guy crying over a f****g corn of the cob with clover on it? What a * advert.
It was just a suggestion, Mexes is a name we're occasionally linked with. Chivu would be better. Somebody from Roma because they haven't got much money and would accept a cheap bid.

It's not a bad deal, given we were probably going to spend on a CB anyway, another 4mil to the pot can't do any harm.

Tegh

Established Member
Fair enough, I wasn't having a go mate, just stating that I wouldn't want him at our club. I'd much rather Kompany or Curtis Davies as opposed to Mexes.

Mckenna

Tegh said:
Fair enough, I wasn't having a go mate, just stating that I wouldn't want him at our club. I'd much rather Kompany or Curtis Davies as opposed to Mexes.

Those are the two that I'd love, but I just think that we need someone with some experience. How about Komps and Thuram?

would people be so keen to sell sol if his header in the final had been the winner???

sol is the best 3rd choice CB in any team in the country. Also the 3rd best CB in the england team.

guy is quality and i desperately hope he stays. we need experience in the team and he has more than most. i'll be seriously pissed if AW lets him go.

kids can only get you so far. i'll be a gooner for life but i dont want 4 trophy less years before we see this 'team' hit 22yrs old.

anelka4eva said:
PhantomGooner said:
Turkish league is underrated. But it is true that the average standard is probably a fair bit lower than the other major european leagues.

A few teams stand out (Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Besiktas), but the other teams are rather obscure. Correct me if i'm wrong on that.
yes u r deffo true!
but this is the same for most of leagues in Europe!
what about Scotland League? only Rangers and Celtic!
What about Portugal? only Benfica,Porto and Sporting Lisbon
what about Holland? PSV,Ajax and Feyenoord
and other teams are not so high quality teams..
yes Turkey is underrated league, but its growin up with the class players like Ariel Ortega, Pierre Van Hooijdonk, Hagi, Anelka and Alex :wink:

Good points, my friend, good points. And the other leagues are growing as well. I'll bet that European competition is only gonna get more and more exciting with each passing year, despite the fact that the "big" clubs have dominated before this. Porto showed that the so called small teams can win it, just two years back.

Hmm... is anyone else concerned about the relative lack of british players in the first 11? Especially if both Cole and Campbell leave.

ps: can someone tell me what the heck is going on with my quotes? it hasnt been working all evening.

Legend#1

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Why can't we get Sanli Tuncay in the deal if this is all true?

What a buy that would be.

I agree with Tegh, Mexes is a good CB, but i'd rather have a few others before him.

Also Chivu will never happen, he's brilliant but loves Roma.

Tegh

Established Member
Mckenna said:
Tegh said:

Those are the two that I'd love, but I just think that we need someone with some experience. How about Komps and Thuram?
I'd be more than happy with those two mate, Thuram's versatile, and full of experience. I'd ****ing love William Gallas, but that's dreaming.

eddie_wills

This Curtis Davies bumlove is puzzling. I've seen him a lot, and he looks a good prospect. But he is not, not any better than Senderos. And having both of them either makes one first choice or fourth choice - Wenger won't do either of those.

Let's spend 8-10m on someone 24-29 with international experience and quality.

Mckenna

Tegh said:
Mckenna said:
Tegh said:

I'd be more than happy with those two mate, Thuram's versatile, and full of experience. I'd f****g love William Gallas, but that's dreaming.
Slightly off topic, but what's the deal with that? I thought new FIFA rules said that a player could buy out the last year of his contract and free transfer himself. Why is Moaninho saying he's gonna force him to stay? If he free transferred himself, we could jump back into the frame.

Gunner87

Well, now eurosport.com is also reporting the news it's gonna be true. Now i hope Wenger buys a top class defender (age under 30) and doesn't make the mistake to rely on Senderos. Because then, we will have the same ****ing start we had last year.

Kompany would be great!

Mckenna

eddie_wills said:
This Curtis Davies bumlove is puzzling. I've seen him a lot, and he looks a good prospect. But he is not, not any better than Senderos. And having both of them either makes one first choice or fourth choice - Wenger won't do either of those.

Let's spend 8-10m on someone 24-29 with international experience and quality.
Does make sense. If we're gonna go for a domestic talent at CB, I'd prefer Micah Richards, who looked awesome for a 17 year old when I was watching City this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom