• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abyss

TheHotshot said:
Even ESPN believe that Sol has already signed for Fenerbahce. I'm not surprised about him leaving, I'm surprised that he went to Fenerbahce of all places. We should try and get Stephen Appiah in the deal as well.

You just wish. Appiah is the last man to leave Fenerbahçe currently, considering his performance this year.

asajoseph

Established Member
Wishful thinking....

Still, I don't know if this has been raised, but it's likely that the 12 million euros figure quoted refers to Sol's wages NOT the transfer fee.

IBL

Established Member
If Sol goes then I'm sure Wenger will try to bring in an English defender, possibly Curtis from West Brom. If that stated amount of 8mill is accurate then that's a pretty good amount for a 31 year old and with Senderos and Djourou as partners for Kolo then we're ok although I can definitely see Wenger going for an experienced CB in case we get a few injuries. Cygan will remain as a last ditch back-up unless he goes too.

But we're still to see if these reports hold any substance.

Mckenna

I mean, It's not like they said. "We're not doing a deal."

It's probable that they'll do the deal in Germany anyway because Sol has World Cup commitments. It's the same with us and the potential signing of Rosicky, he'll be paraded etc after the World Cup. Not before, so just because he's not going to Turkey, doesn't mean a deal isn't in the works.

asajoseph

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Arsenal still haven't denied it.

Not sure why we would have - we don't often issue statements on transfer speculation, and there's been no reason to hold a news conference...

matt12345

Mostarac said:
TheHotshot said:
We should try and get Stephen Appiah in the deal as well.

Agree. I have read that he might go to Roma though.

forget about him, he's the last one who can leave Fenerbahçe rite now, (after his great season and with great sense of humor he became an idol for fans) also he has a contract for 2 or 3 years more...

Legend#1

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Legend#1 said:

Not sure why we would have - we don't often issue statements on transfer speculation, and there's been no reason to hold a news conference...

When did I say press conference? :?

A statement to SSN perhaps, reassuring fans that the intense speculation of Sol's departure isn't true, perhaps.

asajoseph

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
asajoseph said:
Legend#1 said:

A statement to SSN perhaps, reassuring fans that the intense speculation of Sol's departure isn't true, perhaps.

Point is, that news conferences are the time journalists get the opportunity to ask the management about transfer speculation etc... As we're generally not in the business of issuing statements about transfer speculation, it's unlikely that there'll be anything 'official' from the club until it's a done deal.

Mckenna

asajoseph said:
Legend#1 said:
asajoseph said:
Legend#1 said:

Point is, that news conferences are the time journalists get the opportunity to ask the management about transfer speculation etc... As we're generally not in the business of issuing statements about transfer speculation, it's unlikely that there'll be anything 'official' from the club until it's a done deal.
If it's not a done deal though, sometimes they issue statements on Arsenal.com which debunk the rumours. Why haven't they done that yet if it's not true. I mean, this is supposed to be one of our high profile players. That way they don't have to field questions, but the story dies.

Abyss

Mostarac said:
TheHotshot said:
We should try and get Stephen Appiah in the deal as well.

Agree. I have read that he might go to Roma though.

He is not leaving Fenerbahçe, trust me. Fenerbahçe won't let him go in any case (well, if someone gives like 100 million maybe-which will not happen) And he does not look like he is willing to leave, definitely no.

asajoseph

Established Member
Mckenna said:
asajoseph said:
Legend#1 said:
asajoseph said:
Legend#1 said:

If it's not a done deal though, sometimes they issue statements on Arsenal.com which debunk the rumours. Why haven't they done that yet if it's not true. I mean, this is supposed to be one of our high profile players. That way they don't have to field questions, but the story dies.

Sometimes they do, most of the time they don't. And often those statements come straight from ATVO interviews or press conferences anyway...

Mostarac

Established Member
matt12345 said:
forget about him, he's the last one who can leave Fenerbahçe rite now, (after his great season and with great sense of humor he became an idol for fans) also he has a contract for 2 or 3 years more...

Some reports say that he wants to go back to Italy, if that is true, there is nothing Fenerbahce can do actually.

Abyss

Mostarac said:
matt12345 said:

Some reports say that he wants to go back to Italy, if that is true, there is nothing Fenerbahce can do actually.

Can you give me a link for that? And I personally know he has no will like that, trust me. 8)

skrilla

sol needs one more year, just to give the youth some guidence, we dont need thuram to do that, then sol can choose to play at ferner, or retire, but i still feel he can be used for one more year

Abyss

Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
sn196 said:
PhantomGooner said:
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
thats bull....we should demand money from Fenebarchite. The turks are stupid they would pay up. :lol:

Unnecessary comment.

Racist Cu@T

I am not racist I just hate Fenerbarchite, Galatasary deserved the victory!

I would appreciate if you stop wiriting our club's name different on purpose.

And I wish you a happy life with your dearest club Galatasaray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom