• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Dr. Alban said:
I just can't figure out why a mentally fragile mummy's boy like Sulzeer would like to go a foreign country like Turkey - no disrespect. A completely different culture, a completely different language, a completely different football game.

Then again, there's a lot about Sol's mental state I cannot quite understand.

mentally fragile? the man moved from tottenham to arsenal for **** sakes.

el jefe

smeagol said:
Dr. Alban said:
I just can't figure out why a mentally fragile mummy's boy like Sulzeer would like to go a foreign country like Turkey - no disrespect. A completely different culture, a completely different language, a completely different football game.

that's in fact the reoson of the unrealistically high price taht has been discussed. you may think that sol does not worth 12 million euros, but there are really huge negative prejudice about turkey. for instance nicolas anelka has stated taht the athmospher and people in turkey are not like the ones in "the midnight express" for at least ten times.
also, some stars like sol may think that it is a dramatic decline in their career to fall down to the turkish league from one of the best leagues of the world. they are right of course, people may consider that it is an indicator of a decline in anelka's and appiah's career to be playing in turkey.

so, for these reasons, fenerbahce has to pay a bit more than the amount that any premier league club may offer. so, if we take into account that sol is one of the best salaried players on earth (http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/news/article548933.ece), you may understand the reason of my pessimism.
That made me laugh.

Darius

Mates, don't insult the Turkish friends, OK? They're innocent, and I respect them very much for their achievement in WC02.

dafish

seb_afc said:
Maybe you yourself dont have a problem with the english, but england fans werent banned from going to turkey for no reason mate. think about it.

you yourself is sounding quite racist right now. i can understand that you maybe still outraged that leeds fans got stabbed. however first of all it was not fernebache(spelling?) fans.

2nd of all a few ****ing idiots doesn't represent the whole country. (unless you work in the oval office in america.)

its not only about arsenal keeping him. its also about the player being satisfied with playing for arsenal. tehre is no point keeping sol if he is determined to leave and find a quieter life, simply because his heart is not in england anymore.

if he is to decide to leave i think a true supporter should applaud and thank him for his service and wish him well. as opposed to insulting the country and club he might be leaving to, as well as their fans that are curious nice and brave enough to venture into a forum speaking a foreign language.

dafish

Dr. Alban said:

thats because you don't even know him you ****. how would u know how he feels unless you have spoken to him? maybe he's feeling his age, or hes fed up with the english press, or has started feeling stale in arsenal and think its time to move on.

i really hate it when people put on a pompous act as if they know whats best for arsenal and the players.

anelka4eva

Darius said:
Mates, don't insult the Turkish friends, OK? They're innocent, and I respect them very much for their achievement in WC02.
thank you mate
we respect you too
anyway
Why do you think Arsenal didnt deny this romour? Fenerbahce Official site just said the deal has done yet that's it..
i am still hoping to get him but if not we will of course find another centre back

asajoseph

Established Member
anelka4eva,

The Arsenal.com site doesn't often deny transfer rumours (true or not), unless there's serious media interest in the UK - whilst many Arsenal fans are following the story, the general interest on this possible transfer is low.

In addition, Wenger won't be holding many press conferences at the moment, so the media won't be asking too many questions about it.

Don't expect anything from Arsenal.com until any deal is done.

Mostarac

Established Member
dafish said:
you yourself is sounding quite racist right now. i can understand that you maybe still outraged that leeds fans got stabbed. however first of all it was not fernebache(spelling?) fans.
2nd of all a few f****g idiots doesn't represent the whole country. (unless you work in the oval office in america.)
its not only about arsenal keeping him. its also about the player being satisfied with playing for arsenal. tehre is no point keeping sol if he is determined to leave and find a quieter life, simply because his heart is not in england anymore.
if he is to decide to leave i think a true supporter should applaud and thank him for his service and wish him well. as opposed to insulting the country and club he might be leaving to, as well as their fans that are curious nice and brave enough to venture into a forum speaking a foreign language.

Excellent post.

Abyss

otfgoon said:
why would it be on hold?

Since the Fenerbahçe board and the manager are changing, they don't wanna finish some transfer business at the moment. The transfers will ne done by the next manager. Clear?

A

Anonymous

i think your just hoping for a deal, honestly theres no real chance of you getting sol .

Goksa

I dont think that Sol is going to Turkey and say goodbye to Arsenal.
He has potency for two good seasons with us.

A

Anonymous

yeh but my turkish friend theres no truth in the rumours , you might aswell go make up some about chivu or john terry . i dont think you can force him into submission , although you can never say never :p

i have to give it to you lot , your very persistant when you want your man

Bergy_1995

His home is in London anyway. I doubt he'd want to move to Turkey, with all due respect to Turkey. He belongs here, at Arsenal.

Arnie

why would he go to Turkey?? someone tell me?? He should go to UAE if he wants large retirement money.

asajoseph

Established Member
The UAE don't play in European competitions, I believe, much less the Champions League.

I still don't understand why he'd go to Turkey (and I really don't think he will), but if he's looking to run away from his personal problems, it might make some sense...

Dr. Alban

dafish said:
Dr. Alban said:

thats because you don't even know him you ****. how would u know how he feels unless you have spoken to him? maybe he's feeling his age, or hes fed up with the english press, or has started feeling stale in arsenal and think its time to move on.

i really hate it when people put on a pompous act as if they know whats best for arsenal and the players.

****?
I guess that says more about you than it does about me.

Campbell walking out on his team mates when they needed him the most, says a lot. Pires had just gotten the important 1-2 goal right at the half time whistle against WH. The team was probably just buzzing to get out there for the second half in pursuit of the equaliser. Then - suddenly - Sol doesn't want to play anymore, and simply leaves right there and then and goes away for several weeks?!

That tells me that something ain't right. A highly paid professional footballer should not do that. Plain and simple.

Ratinho

Established Member
Nah, he called you a **** because you were acting a **** in what you said. Says mostly about you, as it was aimed at you.

Swearing is a gift, not an offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom