• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane__

Sol Campbell says his future is on hold until after the World Cup finals.

The Arsenal stopper has been linked with a move away from the club, with Turkish giants Fenerbahce said to be heading the queue.

However, Campbell has denied knowing anything about Fener's interest and he insists he will not be talking about his Arsenal career until after he has returned from Germany.

"What is my future with Arsenal? We will have to see what happens," he said.

"I don't know anything about interest from Fenerbahce.

"I'm not considering anything. I've just got to weigh up the situation.

"Arsenal is there and that's all I've got to say about it at the moment.

"It is about getting the World Cup out of the way and taking things from there."

Campbell has endured a difficult campaign, but he is now looking forward to the World Cup.

"My sharpness is good now. I'm focused and ready for whatever comes along," he continued.

"The injuries I've had get on your nerves but I've managed to pull myself together.

"For me it is a great achievement to be here with England for 10 years and to be involved in six tournaments.

"I don't know if many players have done that. It is a fantastic feeling.

"We had some great players in Euro 96 and could have won the competition but we have also got some great players now. There is a mixture of youth and experience and it is a great combination.

"Hopefully everyone can stay fit. That's the main thing. We always seem to get injuries before tournaments."

Jimbo14

If anyone gets the newsletter from wenger, in the one about the Arsenal vs Barca he specificly praises sol.
Maybe Wenger wont want to let him go,
However 8mill for a player in their 30's sounds generous

Dr. Alban

Ratinho said:
Nah, he called you a **** because you were acting a **** in what you said. Says mostly about you, as it was aimed at you.

Swearing is a gift, not an offence.

As I implied, Sol's actions earlier this season shouldn't be exused. As I also said, I can neither understand nor condone this behaviour. He let him self down, the players, the fans. Everyone.

Calling me a **** for pointing that out.. well. I guess there are quite a lot of ****s here then. I've seen far worse.

But hey, if him calling me a **** gets dafish off, I can live with that.

sunil16

If Campbell does indeed leave then i don't see it as a problem. I think Wenger can more than replace him with someone younger and also maybe bring in some one like Thuram. Like almost everyone said in this post said we could get
1) Curtis Davies
2) Vincent Kompany
3) Ronald Zubar
4) Per Metesacker(sp)
I think we can bid and even get any one of these players i we really wanted to and i am pretty sure we have also been linked to each of them sometime this past season.
Man the team we could have next season
Lehmann
Eboue Toure Senderos Cole

Hleb Fabregas Gilberto Rosicky

Henry Reyes

We could have an amazing team and if we could get a good DM i think we're set. Also probablyone of the youngest teams around.

kamikaze80

Established Member
it all sounds unlikely and i doubt we'd sell him before we have a replacement lined up, as we're talking about half of our first-choice CB pairing (tho i realise senderos is making a strong case).

longrufus

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Doesn't sound convinced that he'll stay...

Indeed, this comment hardly gives you the impression he is inamoured with the club.

"Arsenal is there and that's all I've got to say about it at the moment"

Legend#1

Established Member
Been wanting him gone sinde WHU..

That article seems to suggest he is off, which is good news.

I'm particularly annoyed at;

“Arsenal is there and that’s all I’ve got to say about it at the moment.

Villarreal was just about getting through the game

I really can't stand the bloke anymore, I can't wait until he goes.

Thanks for having the guts to come, and thanks for 03/04, I really do appreciate it, but leave now.

Captain

Established Member
longrufus said:
asajoseph said:
Doesn't sound convinced that he'll stay...

Indeed, this comment hardly gives you the impression he is inamoured with the club.

"Arsenal is there and that's all I've got to say about it at the moment"

I think it could be less the club and more football in general.

It's an open secret that Sol just wanted to make the world cup, perhaps he is planning to retire afterwards.

hanci

KingReyes said:
http://www.fenerbahce.com/haberler/18164.php

I mentioned this in another thread yesterday but got no reply.

Anyone out there speak Turk?

first of all, it is not the official web site of fenerbahce SC. the official one is "fenerbahce.org"

turkish press has wirtten these kind of news for a week. but the official site denied the news and announced that there hasnt any deal with Sol yet.

deep note: Fenerbahce SC is the biggest sport club of Turkiye and former Arsenal player Nicolas Anelka, former Juventus player Stephen Appiah, etc. are playing now at that club.

longrufus

Established Member
To be honest i think it would be best for Sol and Arsenal to part ways.

As you quite rightly say Captain, he seems to have lost his desire to play. Maybe a move abroad may suit him, a new challenge, something to motivate him. Not to mention he can get away from it all.

Looking at it from Arsenal's point of view, we are in the process of rebuilding, and for me, Sol is deadweight, we need to move on, start a fresh. As Legend says, we're grateful for the memories but your times up.

Replacement is the word on everyones lips. Senderos is a great defender in my opinion but we still need to strengthen. Anyone who reads my posts knows i want a young ball playing CB (Kompany comes to mind but im open to suggestion). And i think it would be good to bring some expeirence in at the same time, help the defense out, Thuram is the ideal candidate.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i just read his recent comments and frankly i think he's off. there's no stated desire to stay. Ashley just said he wants to stay and i'm encouraged but not fully convinced by that statement. and then sol comes out with this "keeping my options open" stuff. he's off. he's basically inviting every club out there with interest in him to make their move. if we can get a good price for him, this might not be a bad development at all.

Steve50

I have been looking all over the web including the Arsenal website and have found no solid proof that he is off,
Is this definately true?
and does anyone have a link.

_scorpion_

Established Member
He is not 'off' as some of you like to put it.
He is in the shop window at the moment.
Arsène has a plan - a good one too, but the decision is Sol's.

Fabrebas

I have doubts because can he even speak Turkish and does he want to take the time to learn it when he can get into most premiership sides easially enough.

I also think he would be a asset to the club during transistion because he has experience and can command the defence until the other players gain more experience. He knows the permiership and is as key to the defence as Tony Adams was.

Mckenna

I was just about indifferent as to whether he stayed or went, if he left, I could see new players coming in soon. I didn't care.

Now though, "Arsenal is there and that's all I have to say." What a load of crap. Arsenal is there, how non-committal can you get? I mean for a player who's supposed to love Arsenal and want to do well in the future here, he sounds like he's waiting to leave. Which, in my mind, is now the only option, because I'm sorry, I don't want him here any more. This combined with all of his "problems" make me think he should leave, and Arsène, in the going-for-the-throat mood that he's in should see this and ditch him. Now.

A

Anonymous

if sol goes i feel it maybe as less as 2million
its really up to him now, the doors there if he wants it , he just needs to tell wenger asap

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
if we can get a fee for him and unload his high wages, i think they would take it, providing they were planning on bringing someone else in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom