• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper

Established Member
Tegh said:
Not the greatest link, is it? Or, is it?
Promising though, if we can get anything like £5m for his ass. Then we can go buy Curtis Davies, who Harry Redknapp is trying to prise away from West Brom. :(
I'm sure he'd choose us over Portsmouth.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/soccer/wires/06/07/2080.ap.eu.spt.soc.fenerbahce.campbell.0166/index.html

Yayyyy!!!

You got me excited i thought we signed Yaya Toure inexchange for Sol Campbell. :(

Ratinho

Established Member
Erm, how much do you think you'd get for a CB with real problems, who looks shambolic on teh pitch right now, and will demand wages at least around £60k/week +?

Removing his £4m/year from the wage bill shoudl be our priority.

Viper

Established Member
Ratinho said:
Erm, how much do you think you'd get for a CB with real problems, who looks shambolic on teh pitch right now, and will demand wages at least around £60k/week +?

Removing his £4m/year from the wage bill shoudl be our priority.
I was hoping we'd get something like £2 million. But I wouldn't mind him leaving on a free, due to his problems and it would mean we must buy a good CB.

qs

Established Member
Just reading Sols quotes there. Im happy enough to see him go. 60k a week for a back up player is just too much

cesc18

i read the article in teamtalk about campbell
hope we sign a decent defender or atleast give more chances to djorou and hoyte

Ratinho

Established Member
Abyss said:
Tegh said:
Free? :(
You know what those Turks are like, they love splashing the cash, allegedly.

And why do people here always take the point to Turkish people?

:lol:

I think he meant the clubs in general, not that you get the first round in.

It's plain to see Djourou is coming on brilliantly, Toure is our defensive leader and Big Phil is the stopper next to him.

So Sol out, and one young defender in, as it'll be Toure and Senderos first choice.

kamikaze80

Established Member
still having troube believing he'd goto istanbul of all places (no disrespect, but cmon) but those quotes speak for themselves.

davies looks very likely now, as the difference between his and sol's wages just about meet the 5m transfer fee. unless wenger goes for the short-term thuram option so as to not block djourou.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
in order for you not to experience what we experienced this season. which is a horror when those injuries come. and when the hell is wenger going to get rid of cygan. argh.

davies would be a welcome move for our squad

Artillero

Gurgen said:
Define 'awesome' :wink:

Although it's now used as another word for cool, it literally means something that strucks awe. Something so amazing, one is in awe seeing it. But like I said, nowadays it's used just like cool.

kooldawg

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Define 'awesome' :wink:

heheh :D

If you check the Martins thread here, Sol has hinted that he might move to Fener. I'm thinking that he will be gone for about 5-8 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom