• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

We just might have the quickest starting 11 in the game

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i've been thinking and with bergkamp set to hand over the job of support striker to jose reyes, it is clear now that we have paciest(not sure if thats a word) team in the game, not just in england. every member of the starting 11 posesses good pace (save the german). this might turn out to be a big factor in europe. no slow coaches slowing play down. teams like juve and even madrid would have trouble keeping up because they have old men in defense and midfield. what u think?

MightyArsenal

I think your gonna see henry slow down a bit this year, hes had a heavy year and you will see him do what he did today, he'll give more assits and pop up more different positions thanks to the freedom reyes has given him. Teams cant put 3 players on each of them can they? :lol:

Robno.7

i'm not so sure, i think we will see Henry speed up sooner raqther than later as he is still nursing an injury and prob isn't 100% but it is a big boost to the team when he is in the first 11 on the first day of the new season

Gregwin04

yeh we could have the quickest first 11 its grate to watch tho the first goal by bergkamp was testimant to that pace.. we will prob score loads of goals like that this season

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Thierry looks a bit out of touch to me, it's understandable with his limited pre season. Still, two assists though!

And I think we must have the quickest side anywhere

Henry's Girl

Robno.7 said:
i'm not so sure, i think we will see Henry speed up sooner raqther than later as he is still nursing an injury and prob isn't 100% but it is a big boost to the team when he is in the first 11 on the first day of the new season
Agreed. It has been like that before Reyes and will continue(hence wenger taking Reyes off instead of him) he didnt have much rest after 02/03 season, went on to play the confederation cup and yet played all league game except Leicester away and all CL too and had a magnificent season. I dnt think it will change, he doesnt need a rest, he knows how to pick up his game.

r_blair2

Lehmann - hes rapid right enuf :? Just kiddin

Lauren - Never been know as being fast / Hoyte is very quick though

Campbell, no slouch I suppose

Kolo - I agree

Cole - I also agree

Ljungberg - Very good accelleration.

Vieira - not really quick, just powerful when running

Gilberto - Good runner but I wouldn't say hes fast

Pires - Very good with the ball at his feet technically but not so fast when running

Henry - I obv agree

Reyes - Same

Arnie

Thierry does look off the pace, but with the players we have, we can handle it!! Who is faster, henry or reyes??

A

Anonymous

Speed on todays game makes the difference, and we have it all over the pitch. Compare the speed in out team to the mancs, there is a huge difference in speed.

I wonder how we would get on in the sprint relay in Athens?!

Freddie to Kolo to Clichy to Henry.

Id fancy our chances of getting a medal! And we would do it drug free aswell!

JazzG

Established Member
lol :lol:

Our team are shockingly fast, the Everton boys were trying to give them a rough time but they couldn't get near em. We are much faster than any other side in this league, one of my man utd supporting mates was saying the same. He couldn't believe how fast we are, not just one player but the whole lot of em! Also how creative we are, so many players can create chances but if you saw the mancs today they couldn't create jack **** with out their Ronaldo. We have so many more options. Lets hope they all stay fit though!

Mark

Established Member
I can't think of a team anywhere in Europe that has so many fast players. This will be very useful for us, no one will be able to catch up. :D

johe

juz7_pi12es said:
i read somewhere, cole is our fastest player

Yes, I believe it was good old Safe Hands who said in an interview that Cole is faster than Henry. Still though I believe Clichy is quicker than both, and Reyes' pace is lethal as well. In an ideal first team 11, I think the slowest outfield player would be Ralph. :wink:

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i think henry is the fastest player at arsenal. there is no doubt in my mind. soccernet.com was suggesting that it might be reyes but i think it is TH14. i have seen him do things that are beyond human. reyes is a bullet though. so is cole. people seem to think lauren is slow. he isnt. he aint no henry but he certainly isnt a cygan. kinda on the better side of average. edu is a little on the slow side but that suits his game. he is a cool head in the center. by the way, soccernet.com has cesc in its prem team of the week. that kid is golden. will be a superstar for us.

PS.
for some reason, i cant seem to contain myself when i see people refer to lauren as "ralph". i find it ****in hilarious cos if i din know who he was, ralph would be my last guess for a name. ralph... even typin this has got me laughing again. i dont understand it.

johe

gunnertilldeath said:
i think henry is the fastest player at arsenal. there is no doubt in my mind. soccernet.com was suggesting that it might be reyes but i think it is TH14. i have seen him do things that are beyond human. reyes is a bullet though. so is cole. people seem to think lauren is slow. he isnt. he aint no henry but he certainly isnt a cygan. kinda on the better side of average. edu is a little on the slow side but that suits his game. he is a cool head in the center. by the way, soccernet.com has cesc in its prem team of the week. that kid is golden. will be a superstar for us.

PS.
for some reason, i cant seem to contain myself when i see people refer to lauren as "ralph". i find it f*n hilarious cos if i din know who he was, ralph would be my last guess for a name. ralph... even typin this has got me laughing again. i dont understand it.

Yeah, I know Lauren isn't slow, but he's not the quickest either, he usually gets skinned for pace by the quicker wingers in the Premier League.

Oh, and I think his real name Bisan-Etame Mayer Lauren or something. Ralph is just a nickname. ;)

Henry IV

Arsenal's style is built around pace. The team likes to win the ball and then score five seconds later. We've got the turbocharged Reyes and the blindingly fast Henry. Pires also goes a lot faster than he appears, Cole is no slouch either, and Ljungberg can just pop up out of nowhere.

Adam

Established Member
Our fastest side?

Lehmann, Cole, Toure, Campbell, Hoyte, Clichy, Vieira, Gilberto, Ljungberg/Pennant, Henry, Reyes.

Gilberto is surprisingly fast. You only have to watch when he puts pace into his running - he looks like Thierry bursting through. And Vieira - ask Hasselbaink about his pace.

Signing Trabelsi, if it were to happen - would also make it that bit speedier on the right (although Hoyte is probably as fast).

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom