• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I dont think we have anything to worry about

TRUE GUNNER

If you saw the chelski maure game then i think you would be very happy.

Chelski were absolutely bollox, defending for there lives against a crap manure team that we demolished last week. They were so negative it was unbelievable.

The thing that made me laugh the most is the interview after the match with john terry and gudjohnson, saying if they carried on playing like that they would win the league :) very funny, if that was arsenal they were playing today they would have been murdered, they wouldn't be able to handle bergkamp, henry, reyes, ljungberg, pires anymore lol.

I cant wait till we meet chelski and the marinho muppets, then we can give them a lesson of how far they have to go before they can even think that there in the same league as us.

Robno.7

agreed, i was so bored watchin a sea of blue defend for near enough 75 minutes of the game, very average in my eyes

MightyArsenal

I disagree, yes the game was a bore..i nearly fell asleep, but that is mourinho's style, he plays the system that will win. Lets not forget that we have trouble with teams that flood the midfield, so I dont think when we play them it will be straight forward.

Lets take it one game at a time.

Arnie

Yes it was a system that wins but a guy with so much swagger would be expected to put it in his side.

Yeah. I was bored too but kind of intrigued by certain players. A few Chelsea players were good. Drogba may shine, Kezman didn't have a chance to and Lampard will perform as ever. We're still going to have to watch them. I'd say ManU are out of the picture but who knows what could happen with VanNist and Ronaldo back. It's only day 2 still. Who know's what this year's premiership will bring?

One thing I am certain about though is the creativity which will continue to ooze from Arsenal as a collective. We continually surprise the planet's football fanatics with fresh young talent and will continue to do so under the mighty rule of the professor.

Teams evolve and they will learn from their mistakes last year in the same way that we will have learnt from out mistakes in Europe. With the drive and power that we have glowing from the team, there is no reason that we should not go on to win Europe and the league but there should not be a reliance on Arsenal's fairytale saga. We may well get beaten, we may thrash teams 4-1 but we will be constantly contending those lurking to steal our thunder, the thunder we have thrived on for the last season or so. We must stand proud behind our boys. There is something glimmering in the distance and I think it's the treble.

James
AFCtilIdie
Oh to be a gooner.

TRUE GUNNER

well i thing you'll find that every team that we play flood the midfield and we generally do pretty well.

What im saying is that man united were dominating the match and they had a very weak team, but with us we have players like bergy and pires who can find that pass. Also if chelsea were seating back against us it might take a bit of patience and time but in the end we will find some openings.

shaz

its only the first game boys... dont watch that. chelsea and manutd will be alot stronger this year. man utd will ahve saha, horse face, and drug dealer back. chelsea have quality on the bench. dont write anyone off at the moment, not even west bromwich!

Mark

Established Member
First game of the season, let's not get too excited. As the season goes on we will all go through patches where we are better or worse than each other. Right now, we are in better form than them but what matters is how you play towards the end of the season.

patrick42uk

Established Member
mourinho adapts his tactics to the opposition. remember also that united have had competitive match practice which was a crucial advantage in their favour. you cannot read too much into the first game of the season. you'd expect the chelsea players to gel as they play more, like they did last seson. one thing you dont do though is write off manchester united. they will make you pay if you do.

Spike

Established Member
I agree, look at Chelsea's goal, not what you would call a good goal, more like a goal line scamble.

Chelsea struggled and spent most of the time defending against a team we outperformed 3-1. :p

Mark

Established Member
I would just like to point out Mancs United were beaten by Chelsea and Oxford United weren't. ;D

tox

What an incredibly boring f**king match. I wouldn't go saying that the premiership is going to be a breeze though, both teams have alot of talent, and due to injuries and lack of match practice niether teams were anyway near there best. If i may add, Chelsea worry me alot more than man u.

quattro

i agree this is just the first game, but its a big match nonetheless and says a lot of what we can expect of chelsea. at least this isn't half as boring as their other big home game against stuttgart... or is it?

i cant believe i fell asleep through this match after getting an adrenaline high from the game just a few minutes earlier.

Top Bottom