• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

i would genuinely rather have our squad than chelsea

Gregwin04

simpley because we got fantastic kids who can do the buseness when on the pitch but are still willing to wait for their chance.. the way Cesc has done

chelsea may have a better squad (i dont think so) but there will be strife in the club when the superstar subs start to get a bit unsettled which arsenal wont have

Henry IV

I'm perfectly happy with what Wenger is doing at the moment. We've got a good squad. It's a great mixture of experienced players who've won trophies, solid professionals, and an exciting bunch of youngsters.

memyself

Cesc and Reyes were ****ing great today, as was bergy. Henry wasnt firing on all cylinders, but he will. Chelsea were ****, but still beat manure. I'm just excited buy watching all this talent at the arse. Still can't believe cesc is 17. Next stop, middles bow oh rah. Brian Clough, your record is toast maaaaaaaaaan

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
chelsea has a squad of greedy mercenaries. it is disgusting. crespo epitomises the kind of player that finds his way to chelsea. he is a football prostitute.

brianfrance

Established Member
Carvalho and Ferreira aren't mercenaries, they just have followed Mourinho, and how many times that happen ? I mean coach who arrive with somes of his previous team's players. We can also say Tiago, even if he was a benfica player.
About the others, somes are mercenaries, but I'm sure Mourinho is cleaning. I'm really worried for the team he will have within 1 maybe 2 years. Surely one of the best in Europe.

Gregwin04

chelsea has a squad of greedy mercenaries. it is disgusting. crespo epitomises the kind of player that finds his way to chelsea. he is a football prostitute.

im not so shure i agree with that they did buy good young profeshinal brits last season umm the likes of cole johnson and duff and i cant see them being mercenaries and i think now they have got rid of, atleast temporeraly the players like veron and crespo who lets face it were there only for the cash

I'm really worried for the team he will have within 1 maybe 2 years. Surely one of the best in Europe.

the thing is we have got to concentrate on our own game and i truly think with the team and squad that we have got we can dominate both in England and europe for years. they can spend millions and millions but they wont have the best forward in the world the best DM in the world and the best defending partnaship (sol and kolo) in the world and as long as we keep getting in players like rayes and cesc and have a maniger like AW i think we will keep ahed of the blues

brianfrance

Established Member
We now have an excellent and one of the european' best team, the question is not here Gregwin04.
I'm worried, because it'll be hard to beat them in the coming years. Mourinho is a good manager. We will have to battle more, and more again.
the thing is we have got to concentrate on our own game and i truly think with the team and squad that we have got we can dominate both in England and europe for years. they can spend millions and millions but they wont have the best forward in the world the best DM in the world and the best defending partnaship (sol and kolo) in the world and as long as we keep getting in players like rayes and cesc and have a maniger like AW i think we will keep ahed of the blues

eddiej321

The one thing they have on us is proven depth. But as Flamini, Pennant and RVP prove themselves we will catch up in that department. The one thing I am worried about is in the future if they decide to start buying younger players like they did with Robben. If they make inquiries on Rooney's, Torres', etc. I will begin to worry. With young players with talent they could have a squad that could gel together, not just visit Stamford for the year. Thats where we got em. Cesc, JP, Reyes are learning to play together and also with the proven elements of the team, who have gelled perfectly already. It is like our USA basketball team. We have more talent then everyone else, but our players only practice a couple of weeks together, while the other teams are drilled hard, succinct, and ready to play.

visitor99

gunnertilldeath said:
Crespo wasn't committed, so Mourinho told him to piss off. That is old news and he hasn't been a Chelsea player for months.

Crespo never represented a typical Chelsea signing - in fact he represents the antithesis of the typical player signed by Chelsea. He was 28 years old and an established star at the highest level. Only Veron and Makelele were likewise already established stars. None of the other signings have been established big names, and for the most part are promising youngsters under 25 who have yet to make their mark and have everything to prove - like Robben, Parker, Cole, Tiago, Bridge, Johnson, Cech, Geremi, Smertin etc etc. They are the typical Chelsea signings.

You're not exactly in a strong position to lecture others over the disgusting mercinary behaviour of their players following Viera's recent commitment to Arsenal that only followed Madrid's failure to meet his wage demands.

memyself

What you got to remember Brianfrance is that Mourinho may be putting a squad together that might do well in couple of years, but if he doesn't deliver any goods this season then he's following Claudio tinkerbell out the back door. Plus, Romancandle the witch doesn't just want his team to win trophies, he wants them to do it in style, a la Arsenal, or any other stylish team you care to mention. After watching Chelski defend and bore everyones heads off today, and after watching Mourinho's Porto's team last season, I'd say that's something thats not goona happen. Jose's turning Chelsea into Liverpool.

brianfrance

Established Member
memyself said:
What you got to remember Brianfrance is that Mourinho may be putting a squad together that might do well in couple of years, but if he doesn't deliver any goods this season then he's following Claudio tinkerbell out the back door. Plus, Romancandle the witch doesn't just want his team to win trophies, he wants them to do it in style, a la Arsenal, or any other stylish team you care to mention. After watching Chelski defend and bore everyones heads off today, and after watching Mourinho's Porto's team last season, I'd say that's something thats not goona happen. Jose's turning Chelsea into Liverpool.
So wait and see memyself;
By the way, Im laughing when I read that

a la Arsenal
That's ****ing good french :lol: :wink:

calvinngai88

Carvalho looked good when he came on, but not Ferreira. If Ferreira continues his this "fantastic" form, Arsenal's left side will embarrass him like hell. :lol:

lewdikris

Established Member
jacc_7_1 said:
chelsea has a team of stars while we have a team of budding stars

Huh?

Chelsea are just about stronger than us in numbers and depth in central midfield, and they've got three top central defenders where we've got two. O, and they have two excellent goalies.

But other than that I don't think they're stronger than us. At all.

Henry or Drogba? Henry. Great rather than very good.

Bergkamp or Gudjohnsen? Bergkamp. The real ****ing Iceman.

Reyes of Kezman? Reyes - although this is the tightest call, only because Reyes is still improving, but he'll be ten times the player Kezman and Mutu will ever be.

Vieira or Lampard? Vieira - however good Frank is.

Pires or Duff? Same as above. Duff is brilliant, but Bobby does the business for us over and over again.

Ljungberg or .... nobody. They don't even have a right winger, bizarrely. And we have Pennant coming through as well.

Campbell or Terry? Campbell. The very idea that Terry, with one stupid costly error in every important game he's ever played in can be better than Sol is ridiculous.

Cole or Bridge? Cole. Euro 2004 proved that once and for all.

And Carvalho and Gallas might, for now, be seen to be more accomplished than Kolo, but Kolo's more talented than both of them.

And, frankly, you can have all the money in world, but thinking about the kind of player Cesc is going to be is more exciting than any pointless cash splurge.

Quality beats quantity every time, and we've got it.

Chelsea can **** right off.

Sammer

Established Member
brianfrance said:
We now have an excellent and one of the european' best team, the question is not here Gregwin04.
I'm worried, because it'll be hard to beat them in the coming years. Mourinho is a good manager. We will have to battle more, and more again.

I agree with you brian.

I don´t see any reason why we should downplay Chelseas effort to win titles. They outnumber us in funds and squad depth, although not in experience and management.

Still, they have a damn good squad - once Mourinho has settled in, it will be hard to beat Chelsea. Mercenaries or not, their squad is quality.

Soler

Established Member
visitor99 said:
You're not exactly in a strong position to lecture others over the disgusting mercinary behaviour of their players following Viera's recent commitment to Arsenal that only followed Madrid's failure to meet his wage demands.

Roberto Carlos: "If you don't renew my contract I'm going to Chelsea."

Florentino Perez: "Okay."

Soler

Established Member
lewdikris said:
jacc_7_1 said:

Huh?

Chelsea are just about stronger than us in numbers and depth in central midfield, and they've got three top central defenders where we've got two. O, and they have two excellent goalies.

Bergkamp or Gudjohnsen? Bergkamp. The real f****g Iceman.

Reyes of Kezman? Reyes - although this is the tightest call, only because Reyes is still improving, but he'll be ten times the player Kezman and Mutu will ever be.

Pires or Duff? Same as above. Duff is brilliant, but Bobby does the business for us over and over again.

Ljungberg or .... nobody. They don't even have a right winger, bizarrely. And we have Pennant coming through as well.

Campbell or Terry? Campbell. The very idea that Terry, with one stupid costly error in every important game he's ever played in can be better than Sol is ridiculous.

And Carvalho and Gallas might, for now, be seen to be more accomplished than Kolo, but Kolo's more talented than both of them.

And, frankly, you can have all the money in world, but thinking about the kind of player Cesc is going to be is more exciting than any pointless cash splurge.

Chelsea can f**k right off.

Hear hear.

Which isn't very good to begin with.

johe

Mad Jens said:
lewdikris said:
jacc_7_1 said:

Huh?

Bergkamp or Gudjohnsen? Bergkamp. The real f****g Iceman.

Chelsea can f**k right off.

Hear hear.

Which isn't very good to begin with.

Yeah, Frank is a bit fat. ;)

You could put down Geremi as a right mid though Lewd, he usually plays like an inside right mid if you know what I mean. Still, Ljungberg any time for his flair. ;) And because Geremi is fatter than Frank himself and couldn't take a corner to save his life, yet still took them while Ranieri was around.

The problem with having a team like Chelsea's, is that they can't really give youngsters like Cesc a chance because they have too many big ego's in midfield to satisfy, thus leaving them not to develop players themselves, but buy players who are in or nearing their prime and will expect to be ahead of some talented 17 year old. We don't have that problem because the players we've bought weren't £25m superstars on huge wages, but young, talented players who could actually get better. The only players Wenger has bought since 2000 who were in their prime are Sol, Gio, Pires and Cygan and none of them were superstars like Mutu, Drogba, Duff, Crespo etc, but are arguably just as good.

Top Bottom