• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Everton vs Arsenal | 15/08/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Lauren

• Ljungberg

• Fabregas

• Reyes

• Bergkamp (c)

• Henry

• Cygan

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Everton 1 - Arsenal 4

Goal scorers:
Everton: Lee Carsley
Arsenal: Dennis Bergkamp, Jose Antonio Reyes, Freddie Ljungberg and Robert Pires

What a way to start of our Premiership campaign :) 4 goals, 3 points and 1 great performance. We were playing like champions with so much confidence even without two of our big stars.

Well done boys :)

My MOTM: Its a hard one because many of our players played well but i'll go with Cesc Fabregas, he did very well for his first premier league game and made a good partner for Gilberto.

Vote and leave a comment to who you thought was our MOTM before Wednesday.

tg signing off :)

Mark

Established Member
I voted Bergkamp. I also gave him the highest rating in my player ratings article. He has just been brilliant recently, in the middle of everything and scored a wonderful goal. No way is he 35.

Special mention also to Reyes, Fabregas and Ljungberg.

tox

A lot of players impressed me today: reyes, freddie, cesc and most of all bergkamp.

MAK

I was really impressed with Freddie's work rate yestarday and the number of time he got into the box. Shades on 2001-2002. Long may in continue.

On top of that his cross for Reyes header came from the left.

We love you Freddie...

brianfrance

Established Member
Hard to decide. I've choose Reyes, because as soon as he get te ball, he goes forward. But today that really was a collective performance, more than a one-man show.

By the way, Everton' best player was Yobo IMO

brianfrance

Established Member
At the other end of the age scale sits Arsenal's hot prospect Fabrice Fabregas. The precocious 17-year-old belied his tender years to command the champions' midfield as they overpowered a pityfull Everton outfit. More performances like that from the Frenchman

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: MEGA LOL

leongsh

Tough decision but I went for Dennis Bergkamp.

Honourable mentions go to Jose Antonio Reyes and Francesc Fabregas.

Of note was that Everton's Graveson and Carsley could not even intimidate Cesc as he dealt with them quite easily. I seriously need someone to verify the veracity of the birth certificate - he can't be 17 :shock: more like 23, at the very least, with how he handled the burly Everton central midfielders.

SydneyGunnerFan

My vote goes to fabregas too played very well in the center of midfield doing alot of running and tracked back and defended well. I think he deserved to get a goal yesterday but he was very unlucky and didnt get one. He has some good pace and put some great balls through

Well dont fabregas. Love the mullet

turtle

leongsh said:
Of note was that Everton's Graveson and Carsley could not even intimidate Cesc as he dealt with them quite easily. I seriously need someone to verify the veracity of the birth certificate - he can't be 17 :shock: more like 23, at the very least, with how he handled the burly Everton central midfielders.

While you are checking Cesc's birth certificate, check Bergkamp's too, he can't be 35 years old.

Aussie

Established Member
Dennis Bergkamp is a legend. If he can play 20 games for us this season it will help us a great deal in our title defense. His passing is just amazing. That pass he made to Fred early on made my jaw hit the ground.

jacc_7_1

my vote is for bergkamp...
tough choice reyes played well but bergkamp was superb lets hope bergkamp can play this way week in week out

Andrew

Fabregas was sensational throughout the match. I voted for him because of his performance, not just because of his age. He played every bit like Vieira does for us. He was unlucky not to have a goal and set-up so many attacks brilliantly.

Bergkamp also had a good match, particularly in the first half. Reyes and Henry were also good. Henry didn't score, but was involved in 3 of the goals. Freddie seemed to play a role that he loves, always getting forward and making runs. And then in defence, Toure was excellent. He proved again that he's a top class centre back. Lauren again was solid and is very important for us, shutting down chances before they become one.

Everyone was good, but I honestly think Fabregas was our best player throughout the match. Had he have scored a goal I'm sure everyone would pick him as our best player.

Ladygooner

Hmmmmmm - difficult one because I thought Bergkamp, Fabregas, Freddie and Reyes all played very well.

I've gone for Bergkamp who, ever since he has taken over the captaincy in Paddy's absence, has moved up several gears in terms of determination, fitness, and being a general inspiration to the lads around him. And when was the last time Wenger played Bergkamp for two whole 90 minute matches without subbing him? Excellent - keep it up Iceman!

Sammer

Established Member
It´s funny, both outstanding players - Bergkamp and Fabregas - played brilliantly "despite" their age.

Bergkamp is not supposed to play like that at 35, neither is Fabregas at 17.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom