• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 22/08/04

ethanen

nobody said he's crap comeon.
Reyes and Bergkamp were better than him on sunday and at the CS, I think everyone agrees with that.
but this game against boro should be very hard and we need the players who can currently have more chance of winning this game for us.
Henry will play as a sub and gain match fitness.
and against our next opponents he should start because they're weaker so it will be easier for him to find his form

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His first game since euro 2004 was the charity shield game, and he only played 45 mins so its very unfair to compare his game with dennis and jose's.

And Henry gives so much to the side with his runs and passes - its crazy to suggest he should be dropped just because he wasnt the best player in the last match.

There's no point in talking about this anyway as he will not be dropped.

ethanen

I know he has a very good and justified reason for playing "below par" (thats a very high par btw) but this will be a hard game so we just need the players who can offer more at the moment -no matter the reasons for their form.

Eastrek

GK: Lehmann
RB: Lauren
CB: Toure
CB: Cygan
LB: Cole
RM: Ljungberg
CM: Cesc
CM: Pires
LM: Reyes
ST: Bergkamp (c)
ST: Henry

SUBS: Almunia, Hoyte, Flamini, Pennant, Van Persie

That's the team I think Wenger may go for, Pires in the center of midfield, yep he did it for France, give him a license to drift wide and let Reyes or Bergkamp dropping bk cover him

nnaife

Dropping Henry is the single most stupid thing ever mentioned on these forums, the Reyes/Bergkamp partnership is no where near the Henry/Bergkamp partnership you need to look back at the past 3 years and not at the recent preseason and the first match against a weak everton team.

A

Anonymous

going from eastrek's squad line up id like to see this...

RM: Pennant
CM: Freddie

This would be my team on sunday:

---------------------------Lehmann

Lauren ------------Toure------------Cygan------------Cole

------------- Cese---------------------Ljungberg

Pires--------------------------------------------------------Reyes

-----------------Bergkamp-----------------Henry

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I never said Henry was crap. That would be a ridiculous statement to make.

Why did we buy Reyes? Not just to partner Thierry, but to ease the reliance on him, to make sure he doesn't have to play in every game, to give ourselves as a good a chance of winning when he doesn't play as when he does. If you lot want him in every game, you have to accept he'll burn out at some point.

The fact is we can beat Boro without him and neither Jose or Dennis deserve dropping.

A

Anonymous

ooooooo njust after watching a little bruce lee i realised something, but crap i just forgot gimme a min til i remember, o yeh i remember now.. a good thing about playing csec in the boro game we kno he aint gonna get injured by any other cm's trying to injure him to hamper our chances :D coz its mr razor himself :D he defo wont go out to hurt the little shexy boy :eek:

nnaife

You win matches by playing your strongest possible team and we are always stronger when henry is playing. Rest him when it is absolutely necessary otherwise he has to play. If he's injured then we can quite comfortably rely on Reyes as he is increasingly becoming one of our stronger assets. we are probably at our strongest when they are both playing.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Lass, if Ray plays, and gets a chance, he'll knock Cesc on his arse..... he doesnt care who it is..... thats the way Ray plays.. he's not dirty, just hard.... Cesc wont play all these matches..... 'Boro is much better than Everton.....

i think we should have this lineup for the match:

........................................Lehmann

Lauren..................Cygan..................Toure....................Cole

Freddie................Gilberto..................Pires....................Reyes

...............................Bergkamp

....................................................Henry

A

Anonymous

i kno he'll put him on his arse but he wont go out to injure him like i bet some would just to hamper our chances

kanuuu

Established Member
RM: Ljungberg
CM: Pires

SUBS: Almunia, Hoyte, Flamini, Pennant, Van Persie

I would love to see htis line up but its a little risky and i dont think that Arsène will try it.

DB10

just a note........ i think Arsène never plays players that played in midweek internationals.... unless he really has to........

okay reyes did play a half. but i'm thinking he won' start, pires will.

the back 5 will be unchanged, and cesc will continue, with gilberto. I think you will find that he's okay......... if not we ahve flamini.

don't forget van persie. he will get a game this week.

A

Anonymous

Bit of a selection problem we have here. Now im normally one for play whoever is playing the best. Fore example the clive llyode theory in cricket that you always play your best 4 bowlers, it doesnt matter what they bowl, even if they are all spinner. I think that is the what we should be thinking in this team. We have too many good players to just keep the same tryed and tested line up, its not like they are the only 11 quality players we have. So if one of these regular 11 arnt playing their best then you bring in someone who is playing better at that point in time. We should play our best 11 at the moment, for me that means cesc and reyes have to start. We are playing well with these players, and although they dont provide much experience they are still the best players we have at the moment (form wise). Reyes should start alongside thierry. Normally i would have bergy start then gradually replace him sooner and sooner throughout the upcoming games until eventually reyes starts. BUT reyes is just playing too good to leave out. For this game at least, reyes start ahead of bergy, bergkamp can always come on for some inspiration if we need him.

lehmann

lauren toure cygan cole

freddie cesc gilberto pires (c)

reyes henry

subs: bergy, almunia, clichy, pennant, edu

A

Anonymous

Lehmann
Lauren
Toure
Cygan
Cole
Ljungberg
Gilberto
Cesc
Pires
Bergkamp
Reyes

you may now abuse me
:| Thats the same team as i picked. Who would abuse you?

phenn

theguvnor said:
We have too many good players to just keep the same tryed and tested line up, its not like they are the only 11 quality players we have. So if one of these regular 11 arnt playing their best then you bring in someone who is playing better at that point in time. We should play our best 11 at the moment, for me that means cesc and reyes have to start.

You can take that theory too far though. Stability in a lineup is important. If you want to see why that theory needs to be practiced in moderation, look up Rainieri. :-/

Top Bottom