• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What would hppen to Chelski?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
visitor99 said:
*Loyan* said:
I agree with you, but don't you have a significantly bigger squad than you used to back then. And all the new players earn a lot, whereas only the top players before did. I can't really see Chelsa paying Bogarde or the likes any more than 30K a week.

Bogarde was on 40k/week!!! Shocking but true. Petit 45k/week and I think someone else was 50k/week. If www.footballtransfers.info was back online I'd be able to do a much better comparison and get figures for the likes of Zenden, Stanic, Le Saux but all I've got to go on at the moment is my recollection from last time I browsed that site months ago.

As you say, the squad now is probably bigger and most would be well paid. I would be very interested to see a proper comparison for the wage bill now to a couple of years ago, but my impression is that they are similar - wages are probably higher now but not massively so. There would be more guys on around the 40k/week now than before, but then you could almost pay Duff and Robben out of what they were paying Hasselbaink.

I'll reply to Jazzg later when I get a chance.
OK then mate.

Taozhe

Hmm ... a point of view from Chelski fans. Have to agree that Chelsea won't drop down like Leeds if it is what visitor99 said.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Taozhe said:
Hmm ... a point of view from Chelski fans. Have to agree that Chelsea won't drop down like Leeds if it is what visitor99 said.
I always thought he was a Chelsea fan, since the time the beat us in the CL. But I'm not one to acuse someone.

visitor99

Yes, I'm a Chelsea supporter. I think most regulars here would know that. I've been visiting here regularly since well before Chelsea got the CL result - like from February when Arsenal beat Chelsea twice in a week to knock us out of the FA cup and finish our title challenge :-(

Mostly I just browse what you guys are saying about your team, and how the things are going. I only occasionally post here, and steer clear of the wind-ups.

Edit: That was February this year, not last year.

Taozhe

at least you are not like some of the mancs who clearly come here asking for trouble.

Come to think of it, they had been really quiet lately. Must be coinciding with the fact that ManUtd were rubbish lately ;D

liam346

i could almost hate Chelski as much as United..........................

Nah,,,,,,i still despise the Mongs

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
visitor99 said:
Yes, I'm a Chelsea supporter. I think most regulars here would know that. I've been visiting here regularly since well before Chelsea got the CL result - like from February when Arsenal beat Chelsea twice in a week to knock us out of the FA cup and finish our title challenge :-(

Mostly I just browse what you guys are saying about your team, and how the things are going. I only occasionally post here, and steer clear of the wind-ups.

Edit: That was February this year, not last year.
I thought you were, but didn;t want to point fingers. Good to see you're not like some of them Mancs.

A

Anonymous

chelsea are solvent, which is more than can be said for the arse they will find it hard paying that 300 mil debt. we own our ground, we are building a state of the art training ground. if roman goes it will be no probs, we are now self sufficient as we are paying of any debts, we have our own radio station our own t v channel. All money spinners :angel

Soler

Established Member
cfc said:
chelsea are solvent, which is more than can be said for the arse they will find it hard paying that 300 mil debt. we own our ground, we are building a state of the art training ground. if roman goes it will be no probs, we are now self sufficient as we are paying of any debts, we have our own radio station our own t v channel. All money spinners :angel

-sigh-

Who wants to repeat themselves over the financial situation with Ashburton Grove for the ten thousandth time? I sure as hell don't.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom