• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

jermain and justin

patrick42uk

Established Member
on skysports tonight, england u-21. hopefully they will both start, especially pennant. we really need to see him attacking a lot better i feel, and hopefully displaying that aspect of his game today can give us confidence in him for the season.

Eastrek

He back after falling out with David Platt, now Platt has gone there is a spot for him back in the team

johe

Pennant looked good in pre-season and is learning the way we play. He is incredibly agile, and someimtes you see him make a small movement, just turning with the ball and the opposing player trying to close him down is completely gone. In the pre season games in Austria and Slovakia (or was it Slovenia?) he put in alot of good crosses for Ali and v. Persie. He just needs to become more efficient with his final ball. Instead of putting crosses in from way out wide, he needs to cut into the box and play it in low infront of the strikers, and seeing as it's natural for Reyes to go for the goal when we're on the break, he should hopefully be in there to put it away. Hopefully Pennant will turn out be as good as Joaquin when at his best.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I don't think Pennant needs to chnge his style of crossing, it's good that he can deliver from out wide. Sometimes i think we can be too narrow, Jermaine can change that.

patrick42uk

Established Member
pennant has been impressive. as an orthodox wide man, he has everything. the dribbling ability, the pace, and importantly the end product with pretty decent crossing. he has come central quit often in the game and has made some decent runs, utilising that pace, good touch and dribbling ability. the worry when central is the lack of end product, i.e with a pass or shot.

it is good to have the option at arsenal of a crosser of the ball, but the worry is that we dont have enough front men to make pennant look as good as he should. i know there is jose and rvp who look for those crosses, but i dont think one option in the box is enough for pennant to be productive in our team. i think his other attributes are useful and i believe wenger can improve him, finding other avenues to be productive apart from crossing. he seems a very talented boy and he know has that determination about him to succeed, meaning he is willing to learn.

JazzG

Established Member
Good to see Jermaine do well. I think he is far too defensive when he plays for us. I remember Wenger giving him a right bollocking when we conceded a goal at Elland road a few years back because he didn't defend properly. At leeds he had to defend a lot as well and in a way that has helped a lot.

When Reyes gets on the ball he expresses himself, he does what his heart and instincts tell him to do, this is why he has been quite simply brilliant so far in 2 matches. I feel Pennant is playing too much like a person under strict orders or something, he needs to break the shackles and get going. I have NEVER doubted this kids talents but it seems now his attidude is fine and I am more than happy to see him in our side. Wenger also has a lot more faith in him now and he has to start repaying it. Like patrick said high crosses isn't our game but I've seen Pennant put in deadly low crosses and through balls so he should fit in fine.

KoLo28

Jeffers' u-21 form never really had an impact on anyone, unfortunately. Well done to Pennant, hopefully some healthy competition can raise the level of performance from both Freddie and JP - imo freddie is no1 atm and is a few steps ahead of JP - offcourse with experience and age pennant will be better.

Top Bottom