• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal better than England ???

JazzG

Established Member
We are better imo. If we assume Sol and Ash play for us. In defense as solid, in midfield we would boss em and upfront there is no comparison. Henry, Reyes, Pires and Bergkamp, name me one creative player who scores goal and is as good as them?

kanooo

If we give them Terry and Bridge for Campbell and Cole, we should still match them in defence.

In England midfield, there's Lampard and Gerrad only to look out for (England really do no have wingers).

Up front, only Rooney is promising. I wouldn't be too worried about Owen although Defoe looks good.

We are definitely better in Midfield and Up front.

juz7_pi12es

i agree with baby ash.
england are a lil bit weak on both flanks.
and apparently the are very depending on rooney? (rooney out injured and they lost their head..)
just my opinion

btw, tony, your avatar..cool 8)

Mark

Established Member
Of course Arsenal are better than England, we beat them 6-0 in Keown's testimonial. :p

Seriously now, lets have a look at the strongest lineups of both, asuming Campbell and Cole playing for us though.

James
Neville Rio Terry Bridge
Becks Butt Lampard Gerrard
Rooney Owen

vs

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Sol Cole
Freddie Gilberto Pat Pires
Bergy Henry

I'd say most of the players on our team are superior to the ones on theirs. Particularly Lehmann, Campbell, Cole, Gilberto, Vieira, Pires and Henry. Terry, Beckham, Gerrard and Rooney are the only players who would really have a chance of getting into our lineup. I think we'd beat them. Well said, Ashley.

quattro

cole was obviously asked the question and gave an honest answer.

players-wise, i think we got it covered. besides, all of those in the arsenal team are bonafide internationals in their own right (plus one legend). manager-wise... we got Arsène Wenger. :wink:

ozgooner

us aussies thumped england last year if i recall which proves they are sh*t, cause i know we r we cant even make the wc

jacc_7_1

arsenal will be able to win england anytime anyday..
will the talents and a manager like wenger how can we lose to england..?

Muppy

I am inclined to agree with Cole on this.

Quite frankly, England isn't even that good while Arsenal look great.

England would win.

Assuming if Cole and Campbell would be in Arsenal XI. Then Bridge and Ferdinand/Woodgate/King would be England's replacements.

Arsenal can be breathtaking awesome and disappointedly poor. Witness AFC's Jekyll and Hyde performances against Inter.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ozgooner said:
us aussies thumped england last year if i recall which proves they are sh*t, cause i know we r we cant even make the wc
Don't be so harsh on Australia. They aren't allowed to qualify automaicalliy, which should be the case.

Biggus

Established Member
Seriously now, lets have a look at the strongest lineups of both, asuming Campbell and Cole playing for us though.

James
Neville Rio Terry Bridge
Becks Butt Lampard Gerrard
Rooney Owen

vs

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Sol Cole
Freddie Gilberto Pat Pires
Bergy Henry

:shock: You forgot the most important persons-Arsène V Mr Burns no contest, either in tactical nous or morals

A

Anonymous

Arsenal are easily better than england.
Our defence is stronger, our midfield would have abit of a battle in the middle but should come out on top and totally destroy them on the wings. Upfront no comparison. Rooney is the only trouble and we handle him alrite when we play everton (we would of if he played last week as well).

James
neville rio terry bridge
becks gerrard lampard hargreaves
rooney owen

vs

lehmann
lauren toure sol cole
freddie vieira gilberto pires
henry reyes

lehmann vs james = both dodgy, but lehman by far is better.

cole vs bridge = cole by a country mile

lauren vs neville = a hard bastard again neville sister the elder, lauren anyday

rio vs sol = very disputable, but i stand by my opinion ive always had, sol is twice the player rio is.

toure vs terry = another good head to head, toure still rather easily

freddie vs becks = both weak links in the team. Becks very overated, freddie off form for 2 years. Id say this head to head will be different each game. 50/50

pires vs hargreaves = thats like comparing the money difference between chelsea and orient

vieira vs gerrard = could be close, vieira still dominant in all contests between them so far in the league

gilberto vs lampard = one for england.

reyes vs owen = owen who?

henry vs fatty rooney = :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom