• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes Golden Boot??

kenada

Hey there, just wondering what you guys think are the possiblities of Reyes being Top Scorer this season, sure its hard to tell from 1 game but Ive got a feeling lol.

That and betting odds are looking rather good for him. :D

jeromelee

Hahhaha maybe possible. But I think he needs a couple of season's under his belt before he'll be fighting for the Golden Boot. More likely his contributions will be along Pires lines. Vital goals at vital matches.

memyself

Who knows? Anythings possible really with that talent. I don't really want to make a comparison here, but I will. I remember Anelka when he burst on to the arsenal scene. He was **** hot when he was with us, scoring for fun. Pity about his career since :roll: but everything about Reyes screams superstar in the making. I can definately see him walking off with the cheerest smile award, and if he don't, well the worlds gone crazy.

KoLo28

It all depends on whether he gets regular starts - Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Van Persie, our left side is clogged with talent - who knows! I think he'll end up with 18goals, but with more experience in the english game and maturation as a player and perhaps with the retirement of DB, there may be a golden boot looming.

jacc_7_1

if he continues his hot form from pre season and carry it into the whole season and stays injury free... why not?
henry might not be as sensational as he was last season... the euro 04 had made him a little bit lethargic after last season majestic performances look what did a break during the off season had help reyes and bergkamp :roll:

Aussie

Established Member
The odds are quite good for him. Thierry is 5/1 which is quite good as well as i rekon he is a sure thing. Might sell everything i own and have a punt. Although selling everything i own only gets me $10 :|

juz7_pi12es

HENRY2.GIF

henry will win it again. reyes next season, joint top scorer with henry :eek:ops:

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reyes has what it takes to score 20+ Premiership goals this season.

As for getting the golden boot, who knows, but i reckon he'll do that next season.

Gurgen

Established Member
It's a bit too soon to start speculating about the Golden Boot. Let's see him perform consistently for a whole season first.

Muppy

I doubt he'll get the golden boot this season, i mean he's good but golden boot in just his 2nd season?

It would be nice but seriosuly doubt so. Golden Boot i think would go to the master, Thierry Henry!

Arnie

juz7_pi12es said:
HENRY2.GIF

henry will win it again. reyes next season, joint top scorer with henry :eek:ops:

classy cut you found there!!

as for top scorer. Reyes if he gets enough starts.

JazzG

Established Member
Don't think he will be top PL scorer but wouldn't be suprised if he is our top CL scorer......

EJub

I wish there was an award for points - meaning "goals and assists" I don't expect anyone to catch Henry for something like that.

Henry made 3 of the four goals happen against Everton.
The last one, he just put a hard shot on target and good things resulted.

Henry IV

I think that Henry will be our top scorer in the PL this season and overall. Reyes may score more in the ECL though.

Mark

Established Member
I think our top goal scorers will look something like this:

Henry 35-40
Reyes 20-25
Pires 10-15
Ljungberg 10-15

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think that this is a little early to be talking about Reyes and the Golden Boot... sure, he's looked good thus far (2 matches), but he will play more matches this year than he ever has... lets see if he holds up first... Henry has proven he can, and he will again this year

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mark said:

Henry 35-40
Reyes 20-25
Pires 10-15
Ljungberg 10-15
That's qiute a lot of goals there Mark. I hope we do, but that's being optimistic.

juz7_pi12es

*Loyan* said:
Mark said:

Henry 35-40
Reyes 20-25
Pires 10-15
Ljungberg 10-15
That's qiute a lot of goals there Mark. I hope we do, but that's being optimistic.

i'm sure Mark is suggesting the overall goals..not just EPL as henry hit 38 times last season (prem:30, CL:5, FAcup:3)

Latest posts

Top Bottom