• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Woodgate may be next for Madrid

lewdikris

Established Member
What, with his five caps and everything? 8)

Why does Camacho think English players are so good - did he not watch Euro 2004?

patrick42uk

Established Member
that is wierd. apparantly, they pulled out of a deal to sign cannavaro because he has a chronic illness which prevents him playing 3 games in a row. so they focus their attention on woodgate who has probably never put three games together without getting injured? doesnt make sense.

the source of this story is apparantly the agent of canavarro. he suggested madrid were looking at a number of targets, of which jon woodgate is one. although a talented player, i think its far-fetched at this stage to think anything will happen on that front.

bobbypires

Established Member
Well, if we believe what RMadrid newspapers have said in last 3 days, Cannavaro, Coloccini and Woodgate are RMadrid players. Unbelievable.

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
that is wierd. apparantly, they pulled out of a deal to sign cannavaro because he has a chronic illness which prevents him playing 3 games in a row. so they focus their attention on woodgate who has probably never put three games together without getting injured? doesnt make sense.

the source of this story is apparantly the agent of canavarro. he suggested madrid were looking at a number of targets, of which jon woodgate is one. although a talented player, i think its far-fetched at this stage to think anything will happen on that front.

Supposedly they asked Milan how much Nesta would be available for as well and were told he isn't for sale.

tox

Surprising news, especially when looking at the number of games he has played since hes joined newcastle.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
JazzG said:
patrick42uk said:

Supposedly they asked Milan how much Nesta would be available for as well and were told he isn't for sale.
Chelsea tried to buy him for 30-40 m illion last year didn't they. They got rejected, and somehow I don't see Madrid being able to top that.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Another over-rated player set to join another over-rated club. :roll:

IMO, outisde of campbell and ferdinand, woodgate is the best english defender. if he stayed match fit, i think he could be better than ferdinand. he has few weaknesses, apart from his injuries of course.

its being claimed madrid have tabled a 14 million offer, with newcastle refusing to comment on this.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is not over-rated, I'd take him at Arsenal anyday.

I personally feel he is a good defender but nothing special really.

I prefer the likes of Ledley King and John Terry.

But we all have different opinions. :wink:

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
its being claimed madrid have tabled a 14 million offer, with newcastle refusing to comment on this.

According to that link I gave they have accepted the bid, quotes direct from Bobby Robson.

Your right about Woody as well, top defender. I think he has the potential to be better than Campbell, brilliant reading of the game and is quick. I've seen him keep more than one top striker in his back pocket mainly down to his reading of the game, this is why if he stays fit he will do well in Madrid.

JazzG

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
He is not over-rated, I'd take him at Arsenal anyday.

I personally feel he is a good defender but nothing special really.

I prefer the likes of Ledley King and John Terry.

But we all have different opinions. :wink:

Watch him play against Henry, RvN and Drogba last season, then tell me if Terry or King are better.

goonerlove

Bad for Newcastle, good for Real Madrid. Strange to say, but I would rather face him at Newcastle then have RM pick him up. At this point, RM and Chelski are enemy #1 and #2 IMHO.

He is fragile, so RM may rue this one. If he stays healthy, he will improve their team quite a bit.

Goonerlove

patrick42uk

Established Member
robson on skysportsnews- bid accepted. unbelievable. england could benefit from this. madrid literally have an english spine with owen woodgate and beckham.

Top Bottom