• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MOTD 2 asking the question

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah. ESPN had an article on it as well last season, but they didn't know what they were talking about. I knid of like MOTD now, as the have coverage on both Saturday and Sunday, unlike The Premiership which had coverage predominantly on Saturdays.

Ally

Yeah, that's what Strachan was inferring. Get the ball up to hulking target men to knock it down and win set plays, and finally benefit off those.

On the face of it, this would be supported by defeats to Borrusia (Kohller), Valencia (Carew), Southampton (Delgado, lol) and Leeds (Viduka) - although a lot of time has passed since then.

However- Man Utd got lucky off crap management, and as a result a useless second striker posing no attacking threat at all. They also absolutely JAM packed the midfield until there was no space to move whatsoever.

Even then they got lucky (Edu chip off the bar, amazing Carroll save point blank from a Toure header from about an inch out).

Final verdict? Have an astute manager, strong able strikers who won't be pushed around.....and an awful, awful lot of luck with players playing above themselves on the day.

Not the sort of thing that's logical or scientific, in short.

hcr32

have u guys seen the table
we have score 9 goals in 2 games aint that amazing!!!!!!!!
& then theres boro with 5goals

bring on the sweet days :twisted:

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ally said:
Yeah, that's what Strachan was inferring. Get the ball up to hulking target men to knock it down and win set plays, and finally benefit off those.

On the face of it, this would be supported by defeats to Borrusia (Kohller), Valencia (Carew), Southampton (Delgado, lol) and Leeds (Viduka) - although a lot of time has passed since then.

However- Man Utd got lucky off crap management, and as a result a useless second striker posing no attacking threat at all. They also absolutely JAM packed the midfield until there was no space to move whatsoever.

Even then they got lucky (Edu chip off the bar, amazing Carroll save point blank from a Toure header from about an inch out).

Final verdict? Have an astute manager, strong able strikers who won't be pushed around.....and an awful, awful lot of luck with players playing above themselves on the day.

Not the sort of thing that's logical or scientific, in short.
Hear Hear.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
hcr32 said:

have you also noticed that we have conceded 4 goals in 2 matches? only 5 teams (including Everton & 'Boro, Charlton, Bolton & Palace) have allowed more.... and we played 2 of those 5 teams....

thats not good....

but i do like the 9 goals for....

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
USArsenal said:
hcr32 said:

have you also noticed that we have conceded 4 goals in 2 matches? only 5 teams (including Everton & 'Boro, Charlton, Bolton & Palace) have allowed more.... and we played 2 of those 5 teams....

thats not good....

but i do like the 9 goals for....
That's like already 16% of the goals we conceded all last season in 2 matches. Worrying. Nice to see our attacking play has improved as well though.

Gregwin04

thats not good....

the goals from middlsebrough were basically unstopable today tho Leahman was not at fault for the 3 of them, maby cygan was for 1 of them tho. we do need both vieira and Sol back to sort it out tho. and the 1 against the toff was just because we were 3 up and we let our concentration slip. im not too woried. we shal see against blackburn if it is gonna become a regular thing.

similar thing how many goals did we concede last season? 14 i thnk?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i just hope we continue winning while Sol is out.... once he comes back, the backline will be much more solid....

Mark

Established Member
I would like us to keep a clean sheet in our next game. However that won't happen as Dickov is playing and returning players always score. Once Vieira and Campbell are back our defence will be much better organised. We may also still sign someone which could help. 4 goals conceded in 2 games isn't nice but we still have 6 points and it should get better from here.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mark said:
I would like us to keep a clean sheet in our next game. However that won't happen as Dickov is playing and returning players always score. Once Vieira and Campbell are back our defence will be much better organised. We may also still sign someone which could help. 4 goals conceded in 2 games isn't nice but we still have 6 points and it should get better from here.
Dickov works his socks off. He is a thorn in any defenders side and will not give you a minutes rest. Players do tend to play better vs their old clubs, but I hope he doesn't score. He will probably try to ruffle Cygan's feathers. Lets just hope we get through this unscathed.

Mark

Established Member
Blackburn have always been one of our bogey sides anyway. Apart from last season, of course. They are a team we should really beat though, and I think we will.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom