• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calling Aussie Gooners

Aussie

Established Member
Aus could be a dominant force in World football but it will never ever overtake AFL or Cricket so it will be hard to do.

Incubus

Arsène said:
the thing thats most annoying for me is having 4pm sunday games. We're the champions we should be on saturday miday! it means all of us aussies are half dead the next day at work the way the fixtures look atm, disgrace!

I take Guarana tablets in the morning and have a borocca after lunch. :lol:

Soler

Established Member
hcr32 said:
You dont get much coverage of soccer in Australia at all
You cant even turn on the radio to get the mornings results, now & again it pops up but not very often & if it is its more or so about an Australian playin chaning teams etc...
Still a Sleepin giant sport in Australia....we need something to kick start it.
new manager who can walk the walk & qualify for the world cup.

Only if you don't have foxtel: Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, SPL, Eredivisie, Champions League, UEFA Cup .. 8)

AdamT

soccer will never be big in australia as we have to many lumpy redneck yobbos who cant understand it, or that using feet is more skilful than with your hands.

as to the fox sports epl team, god they are crap. bring back luigi the greek plumber, at least he knew what offside was.

hcr32

it also happend with the Euro 2004
SBS went up to the government & told them they need to make a law or action to protect certin games so they can be played via FTA also or a coexistant with Pay-TV.
Dont think the politicians care to much about it.

Thats why Fox has bought the whole coverage of euro2004 & maybe the EPL.
Sucks ay!

kNiteMare

hcr32 said:
it also happend with the Euro 2004
SBS went up to the government & told them they need to make a law or action to protect certin games so they can be played via FTA also or a coexistant with Pay-TV.
Dont think the politicians care to much about it.

Thats why Fox has bought the whole coverage of euro2004 & maybe the EPL.
Sucks ay!

It's stupid really.

Though i do think Australia can pick up the sports in the nearby future, i have faith in the new structure being implemented.

Jinn

Established Member
That new structure will probably include Foxtel.

In a bidding war between SBS and Fox, Fox will win all the time.

kenada

Fox have always had a bias towards Man u (obvious) and Liverpool in there game showing, its a bit of a joke really we're the champs after all and are playing more enjoyable watching football than any other team really.

Neil Evans still annoys me to tears, just so many stupid comments. I remember him asking before a game once if robbie thought a particular team needed to score goals if they wanted to win. robbie gives this blank look and goes umm yes they would.

Like come on!!!

OZGunner

Hey hcr32:
I listen to ABC newsradio it is in all the capital cities and places like the Gold Coast, Northern Tassie and other places too so its coverage should be pretty good for most of us. The added bonus is that overnight it goes to BBC (Sat & Sun it is 5 live, so I got to listen to most of the second half of Arsenal V boro. I missed the full time whistle cos of an Olympic cross, but they confirmed the result after the cross and before the news.)

There have been quite a few Arsenal games on 5 live too over the last couple of years!

Debbie Spillane :angel , one of the Newsradio presenters is a BIG Arsenal fan, which makes up for the other tool david lord :evil: , who has been known to Arsenal bash, particularly with the availability of players for the friendly we hosted V France a couple of years ago. I think he is a either a liverpool or manc fan!

MAK

Is it confirm that there is no EPL on SBS? Will the World Game still be shown on Sunday's?

Only been here for a season and and half so far but can't imagine Sunday's without Les, Johnny, Craig Foster etc.

Fox show the games but their support programming and analysis is utter ****e. They clearly have no love for the game at all. I mean who is Ian Crook, ex-England international?

Thank God for the Net. Without it I would have to move back home to England.

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
MAK said:
Is it confirm that there is no EPL on SBS?

YES.

Ill confirm as well

YES

I also often also listen to the BBC if we are not being shown on tv. They usally do the second half and if not that they give updates.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Isn't the game on Fox keep hearing it being advertised on Foxtel .

Jinn

Established Member
Debbie Spillane , one of the Newsradio presenters is a BIG Arsenal fan, which makes up for the other tool david lord , who has been known to Arsenal bash, particularly with the availability of players for the friendly we hosted V France a couple of years ago. I think he is a either a liverpool or manc fan!

I set my alarm to wake up to newsradio. Whenever there was an Arsenal match the night before, there will be a report on it. It's great.

MAK

Excuse my ignorance but what is Newsradio? Is it an FM station, if so what frequency?

OZGunner

MAK said:
Excuse my ignorance but what is Newsradio? Is it an FM station, if so what frequency?

go to http://www.abc.net.au/newsradio/listen.htm it should have a locale close to you and you should be right if you use the frequency it suggsts, there are some places that get it on FM, but not any capital city except Darwin (not Melbourne ugh!) If you are not in a place that gets coverage of Newsradio you can listen on the web by going to http://www.abc.net.au/newsradio and follow the links.

Not full coverage, but on Sat & Sun nights AEST we get the 2nd half of games and very often it is an Arsenal game!

However in Melbourne we have SEN 1116 (its frequency is 1116AM & website is http://www.sen.com.au/ to listen follow the links )which is a 24 hour sports radio station and they do (nearly)all sports, obvioulsy most of its focus on Aussie Rules during the footy season, but there are soccer updates & news.

SEN is worth a listen for anyone even those not in Melbourne! at the moment is full on with the Olympics.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom