• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bentley

Is he allowed, or will Wenger allow him to play against us on Saturday evening?

I know JP & FJ played against us last season for Leeds & Everton, so was just wondering if anyone knew for deffo.

Gooner4Life

He would, but he can;t because of new Premeirship rules that state a loaned player cannot paly against his owner club.

:(

Mark

Established Member
Thankfully he isn't allowed to play for us. I just know that if he could he would score against us! :lol:

Gurgen

Established Member
Gooner4Life said:
He would, but he can;t because of new Premeirship rules that state a loaned player cannot paly against his owner club.

:(

Isn't that something the 2 clubs agree on?

nosneb

im afraid Gooner4Life is right on this Gurgen.. it used to be the case that it was up to the 2 clubs to come to a decision but starting this season, new rules stipulate that a player on loan cannot play against the club which holds his registration

r_blair2

The FA put a rule that if you borrow from the Premiership they can't play against the club loaned out from

Jinn

Established Member
Which makes sense. There's potentially a huge conflict of interest, especially if the player returns to his old club within the season.

Gregwin04

im starting to think bentlys move was not a grate 1.. unless he gets some games upfront soon that is. having him stuck out on the wing is no good either for him or for us.. what do u lot think

Mark

Established Member
He can play well on the wing and I think it will improve him as a player, by giving him more responsibilities in midfield. I suspect he will be moved around, playing some games left midfield, some right midfield and some upfront.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Au contraire, I think he's going to need to be adaptable if he's going to make it at Arsenal. I can't see him getting past Jose as a partner for Thierry in the near future.

A.M.A.G.

I watched that game Norwich played against Man. Utd. Bently is soooooooooooooo a hole-player... but supposedly his game is supposed to be shaped somewhat in the Bergkamp mould... so, yaa, he needs to learn to play out on the wings... but Norwich needs to drop him in the mould soon... I can see too, cause that 2nd striker to Huckerby was rubbish from what saw in that game :x ... but that was just one game :eek:ops:

slapz

Jinn said:
Which makes sense. There's potentially a huge conflict of interest, especially if the player returns to his old club within the season.

And becomes a hated figure from the fans if he denys the team a victory by having a hand in an equaliser ( like a certain big eared scouser now playing for Charlton reserves )

lewdikris

Established Member
Gregwin04 said:
im starting to think bentlys move was not a grate 1.. unless he gets some games upfront soon that is. having him stuck out on the wing is no good either for him or for us.. what do u lot think

Bentley's said himself that he thinks he'll end up playing on the wings. It's for the best. Arsenal play really narrow, and Pires is at his most ifluential influencing play from the centre of the pitch. And as Pires is 31, that looks the most likely place for Bentley to end up for Arsenal.

He was really good against Utd, incidentally.

Gregwin04

Bentley's said himself that he thinks he'll end up playing on the wings. It's for the best. Arsenal play really narrow, and Pires is at his most ifluential influencing play from the centre of the pitch. And as Pires is 31, that looks the most likely place for Bentley to end up for Arsenal.

He was really good against Utd, incidentally.

you say that but he is suppost to be molded on bergkamp and this is his last year.. my hope was he could play all season in the bergkamp role for them and then hopfully try and fill the boots of the dutch master when he goes

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Yeah but, and no disrespect intended here, you're not the manager of Arsenal. And where has Arsène played DB37 whenever he's played him...? :!:

Ridge

did anyone see his game against norwich? he shot from 25 yards (is it?) and it hit between the bar and post, nearly scored, just nearly.

Mark

Established Member
If he was playing in the Bergkamp role, he would be going out on the wings occasionally anyway. I think LM is the perfect position at the moment for Bentley.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pires does tend to drift in from the left, but the thing is he doesn't have the pace of Pires. Don't know if he would work out there. Not to mention we have Reyes, RvP, and Ryan Smith (who AW rates very highly) playing for that spot when Pires is gone.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom