• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Eto'o

XxGoonaStuxX

All I know at the present time is that Eto'o is pissed with Mallorca and he wants out. Whether that be in January or summer I don't know but he seems to be a great box player and is very pacey.
Been watching La Liga quite a lot on Sky and they seem to think he has a 30 Million price tag on him and that Chelsea will buy him.
I can always hope he will come here. Anyone else know any other info on him ?

Andrew

Yeah, fat chance we get him anyway. I remember someone here made a good point on how Eto'o could turn out a bit like Wiltord... I don't think he would do that badly, but I think that's a good point.

And Chelsea have enough strikers. They've got Crespo and Mutu. Then for back-ups they have Hasselbaink, Gudjohnsen and Cole and Forsell are on loan. If they get Eto'o then IMO their club's becoming a bit of a joke.

jc8gooner

To be perfectly honest, I would q.like it if we signed Eidur Gudjohnsen from Chelsea. He is a quality player who is prob not getting enough games for his liking. He might not be amazingly expensive. He is the type of player we need.

Mark

Established Member
yeah i think gudjohnsen could be a good player for us too, i wouldn't mind us getting forsell either, but they won't sell good players like that to a rival.

A.Hussain

XxGoonaStuxX said:
Hmm gudjohnsen is Ok but cant finish for crap. He gets into all rigt positions and misses or scuffs.

r u kidding, gud's finishing is class. have seen some of his goals and they are a bunch of peaches. like the bicycle against, someone, dont recall well... pure class....

but i have a feeling wenger will stick with the youth on this one at least until the summer

Mark

Established Member
i think the best option would be to get someone like kluivert or eto'o on loan.

Kyla

Is is true that Eto'o operates more on the right flank? If so then he is needed ASAP. As for our ineptiudes up front (a bit harsh I know) then for all the creating we need someone of Kluivert's ilk to finish our chances off, but he's already said he ain't coming to the Prem anytime soon. I also think Kezman would be fantastic- if he's a bigger predator than RVN and scores more goals (!!), then a partnership with Henry couldn't be better made.

Arjan

Kyla said:
Is is true that Eto'o operates more on the right flank? If so then he is needed ASAP. As for our ineptiudes up front (a bit harsh I know) then for all the creating we need someone of Kluivert's ilk is needed to finish our chances off, but he's already said he ain't coming to the Prem anytime soon. I also think Kezman would be fantastic- if he's a bigger predator then RVN and scores more goals (!!), then a paternship with Henry couldn't be better made.

It is rumoured that Kezman will be going to a smaller european top club, because of his record in the champions league. over 2000 minutes without a goal. So the euopean elite would not take that risk.

A

Anonymous

We will sign Eto'o in the summer, i am sure of that.
I have heard far too many rumours about this guy, and if there ever was an 'arsenal type' player this guy is it.

JazzG

Established Member
Don't think we can afford Eto'o tbh. He is a good player but I'm not sure if he is the type of player we need.

thegame24

Established Member
i dont think hes all that and hes not what we need.

we need a guy who can hold the ball, pass the ball and shoot the damn ball.

kluivert is good for that.

hell even rivaldo, ive changed my mind again and now i want him :D

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
I think Eto is by the closest we can get in regards to getting somebody who can compliment Henry and our style of play. He is the only striker that will be at the box by the time Henry is crossing the ball from the line. We simply can't keep depending on Lnjberg and Pires..to make that run.
Kluivert is not as fast. Eto is not very clinical but his explosive burst is only second to the old anelka. And he is not scared of taking on the defense. I like his style cos he is raw and thats what we need. We already have enuff players with good flicks n touches. Want somebody who is willig to take that wild shot once in a while!!!!! We know we can't get the shevchenkos..so the second class strikers are the ETOs and he is on top.
I am soo confident he will fit in with wengerball.

goonerdownunder

A.Hussain said:
XxGoonaStuxX said:
Hmm gudjohnsen is Ok but cant finish for crap. He gets into all rigt positions and misses or scuffs.

r u kidding, gud's finishing is class. have seen some of his goals and they are a bunch of peaches. like the bicycle against, someone, dont recall well... pure class....

but i have a feeling wenger will stick with the youth on this one at least until the summer
the bicycle kick was against leeds, and a peach of a goal it was, i agree hes a pretty damn good player

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom