• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry and Vieira off to monaco

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No not the club - the Uefa Gala which will be held in monaco, france.

Henry is nominated for the 'Best Forward' award - his fellow nominees include Shevchenko and Morientes.

Paddy is up for the 'Best Midfielder' award along with portugese international deco and chelsea's frank lampard.

I reckon Henry will win the best forward award and deco will probarly win the best midfielder award.

What do you guys think ?

Complete Shortlist

Best Goalkeeper:Vítor Baía (FC Porto), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus FC), Iker Casillas (Real Madrid CF)

Best Defender: Jorge Andrade (RC Deportivo La Coruña), Ricardo Carvalho (FC Porto/Chelsea FC), Patrice Evra (AS Monaco FC)

Best Midfielder: Deco (FC Porto/FC Barcelona), Frank Lampard (Chelsea FC), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal FC)

Best Forward: Thierry Henry (Arsenal FC), Fernando Morientes (AS Monaco FC/Real Madrid CF), Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan)

A.M.A.G.

Baia, Carvalho, Vieira and Henry...

cant be anything else...

Baia and Carvalho are part of a team that won the CL... while some of the other players were part of teams that won their leagues... Vieira was part of a team that won the the league undefeated (only way Lampard can sneak it is cause of his goals, otherwise Vieira is his Daddy.), Henry gets it cause his team one the league undefeated and he scored more than anyone in Europe as far as i know... the only question mark is over Vieira... other than that, I think my 4 picks are solid

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
bobbypires said:
I think the winners will be: Baia, Carvalho, Lampard and Morientes.
Same here. I feel they will get more emphasis for the way they played in Europe.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Morientes wont beat out Henry...Henry scored 30 goals in England, and scored 7 in the CL, even with us only getting to the QF.... Morientes has 1 more goal in the CL and played 3 more matches....

no way Henry wont win Best Striker.....

jacc_7_1

and the winners are:
baia, carvalho, deco, henry

the first three for their exploits with porto in the CL and of course HENRY for showing the world who;s the best in the business

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
USArsenal said:
Morientes wont beat out Henry...Henry scored 30 goals in England, and scored 7 in the CL, even with us only getting to the QF.... Morientes has 1 more goal in the CL and played 3 more matches....

no way Henry wont win Best Striker.....
I don't know why but I just have a sneaky feeling he will win because of his displays vs Real Madrid, and his form towards the end of the CL campaign.

jeromelee

Wow casillas on the list? Strange indeed. I think the only 2 sure winners will be cavalho and henry. Probably baia will win the keeper medal but buffon might as well. As for midfield, likely to be a fight between the lampard and vieira. Lampard may win as he steered chelsea to beat us in the CL's.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
if it was ONLY on the CL, then i could understand Morientes... but if it takes into account domestic AND Europe, then Henry wins it hands down... he won the golden shoe in Europe... by a long shot over the other 2.... morientes scored almost as much in the CL as he did in ligue 1.....

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I cant believe henry didnt win the best forward award.

They also didnt have his second goal against inter in the top 10 goals of the cl season - they did have his first one though - which really is nothing compared to that unbelievable second strike.

Very disappointed with the results tbh.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i still think TH will win "European Footballer of the Year".... i think these awards were based solely on the CL & UEFA Cup..... in which case, i could see Morientes winning the award....

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom