• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

countdown to transfer window closure

A.M.A.G.

Now, I was watching the friendly between Milan and Barca last night. Commentator said its rumored that Puyol is on his way out... true or not, I dunno. But, it seems we have a good relationship with Barca from previous dealings... Puyol is only about 26... and can play both CB and RB... problem solved if you ask me... but like I said rumors... and its not as if the guy said Puyol was linked to us... but you never know

AFCG7

Established Member
Puyol ? That would be a miracle if we were to sign him.. i cant see him leaving Barca, not the way they are playing recently.

kazu

puyol is one of the best right-backs in the world, if not the most aggressive! doubt we can afford him though...

personally i would prefer a CB signing as we are pretty thin in that area... however, senderos already fits the profile of the type of player i want... young, highly-rated and willing to bide his time... hope wenger can unearth another gem like toure!

moreover, with our performances lately, it's hard for any new guy to get a game! :wink:

Gunner4life09

i don't think we need someone like Trabelsi, because we have a fine right back who was in the Premiership XI last season as a RB, Trabelsi wouldn't sit on the bench and wait for someone to get tired of injured.

what we need is a young talented Right footed Center back so if lauren is injured he can cover and if Kolo or Sol is injured he can cover aswell. someone who isn't world class yet but has potential so he won't be annoyed being on the bench.

About the Puyol thing, aren't barcelona pissed with arsenal for stealing Cesc right from their trainning academy. so i don't think they'll welcome us with open arms angain if we start sniffing around @ Barca.

A.M.A.G.

Gunner4life09 said:
About the Puyol thing, aren't barcelona pissed with arsenal for stealing Cesc right from their trainning academy. so i don't think they'll welcome us with open arms angain if we start sniffing around @ Barca.

If I had to guess... yaa, they're probably not pleased that we snatched a diamond in the rough from them... but they were dragging their feet... but if I had to guess, i'd say they were on good terms with the the Gio loan then sale deal... can't be too much ill feeling there...

anyway guys... I'm not saying that there is any substance to the Puyol bit... i just overheard a commentator talking about a RUMOR, and I had a FLIGHT OF FANCY, because Puyol is a quality player, who can play both RB and CB... and once again.. the guy NEVER said Puyol was LINKED 2 Arsenal.... just said he MIGHT be on his way out...

this should definitely be in the rumors section :eek:ops:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I'm not sure if Arsène will sign anyone before the window closes, but if he does then Angulo and Trabelsi seem the most likely candidates.

JGooner

JazzG said:
I still think we need to bring in another defender or two. Trabelsi would be a good signing but a RB should not be a priority right now, a CB should be

Exactly. I fear that all our attacking brilliance is going to be undermined this year by a lack of defensive cover. If either Toure or Campbell get a serious injury, we suddenly find ourselves playing Cygan for a long stretch, which could be disastrous. I'm sorry, but nobody is telling me that, after two years at the club, he has persuaded you that he is cut out for this level. He is good on the ball, but makes at least one major screw-up in every game and is about as quick as a tranquilised tortoise.

Maybe Senderos will be ahead of him in the pecking order, but there seems to be no sign of that now.

I can't think of many decent CBs available for a good price, though.

nnaife

Another cb is essential although it would tough trying to get him settled and integrated into the team as we have now started the season.

I fear we may now have to endure a "dodgy" Cygan for most of the season.

Canuck

Established Member
Wenger may pull a suprise out of his hat. He has said that another defender is his target before the end of the month. If he can squeeze in another trade, then you can bet it'll be another talent. We've got forward and midfield stacked with talent, and the back line is nothing to sneeze at either.

DB10

remeber the kid kompany........ everyboday was raving about him before, but now he's still in belgium......... also mexes??? isn't his contract with auxerre still in dispute.

maybe the trabelsi thing is a screen for mexes???? okay sorry should be in rumour section

Canuck

Established Member
so we're hoping for Trebelsi or some mystery kid?
Or maybe Wolves will sell us back Luzhny...hahahahaha j/k

tbbosa

Massimo Oddo and Miguel Angulo.

Doesn't Oddo have some resemblance with Pires?

13.JPG

Deano

Angulo

The S** is reporting that Arsenal have put a bid of 2.7M in for Angulo of Valencia, What do you think?

kel varnsen

Established Member
DB10 said:
remeber the kid kompany........ everyboday was raving about him before, but now he's still in belgium......... also mexes??? isn't his contract with auxerre still in dispute.

maybe the trabelsi thing is a screen for mexes???? okay sorry should be in rumour section

let me guess, you've never even seen kompany play?!? kompany is crap; he's physically weak and not that fast. he'd be slaugtered going up against players like big dunc, kevin campbell, shearer and drogba. senderos is a lot better...

Spike

Established Member
Trabelsi had the chance to join us, but he was being an idiot wanting higher wages according to rumours.

jasonlohkh

So far we are only link to trabelsi,oddo and angulo.who will we sign actually?or perhaps we will not sign a new RB/CB at all. Or Wenger is satisfied with the progress of Senderos and Hoyte?Any news that Wenger will use Senderos or Hoyte this season regularly this season?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom