• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc In Full Spanish Squad!!

MightyArsenal

Ive just read luis aragones comment on cesc, he said more or less "He can make a golden history" for the team whatever that means. So looks like cesc is not gonna be kept in cotton wool like Id hope...this is bad news as the guy is only 17 and shouldnt be playing so many tough games, hopefully he will just be in the squad and not in the first team. Although I dont like the idea of other spanish players like raúl etc telling him about real madrid like zidane did with vieira.

Soler

Established Member
MightyArsenal said:
Although I dont like the idea of other spanish players like raúl etc telling him about real madrid like zidane did with vieira.

Cesc is Catalan. It'd be a near on miracle if he ever wanted to play for Real Madrid.

MightyArsenal

Who would have thought figo would go to real or alan smith to utd, sol cambell to arsenal....never say never in football :roll:
Most of the arsenal players do the same thing, I can remember kolo toure saying he tells his country members how great arsenal are. The same for the french players. As long as wenger is our manager im sure he will stay, problem is when wenger leaves and how we keep that spirit in the club.

Soler

Established Member
MightyArsenal said:
Who would have thought figo would go to real

The difference between Figo and Cesc is that Cesc grew up in Barcelona. Catalan players playing for Real just does not happen. I'd more worried if Puyol, the captain of Barcelona, whispered in Cesc's ear, but Cesc loves Arsenal and we love Cesc. ;D

Soler

Established Member
Yeah, there is. They're not a full blown national team though. Same for the Basques.

bobbypires

Established Member
ethanen said:
Isn't there a Catalan national team?
or was it just for friendly against Brazil
Yep, they have a national team. But they can only play friendlies. Every 'county' (well, Spain have Comunidades autónomas) has its team, but Cataluña and País Vasco are the most popular.

Soler

Established Member
cathss02.gif

02/03 Catalonia home shirt.

A

Anonymous

pardon me.. whens spain playin scotland? :eek: n where abouts in scotland ? ( hampden ibrox or parkhead r what? )

bobbypires

Established Member
Scottish Lass said:
pardon me.. whens spain playin scotland? :eek: n where abouts in scotland ? ( hampden ibrox or parkhead r what? )
It's in Spain, at Estadio Ciutat de Valencia.
Wednesday Sep 3rd @ 9pm

patrick42uk

Established Member
'golden pages in football history', i like that. this really drums in what a special talent cesc is. personally, i think he shold be starting with vieira. of all our midfield players, i sincerely think he is the best at keepin posession. gilberto, vieira and edu lose the ball a fair few times. i'v seen cesc give the ball away a maximum of twice in the five games he has played.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Cesc should not and will not be our "regular" CM this year... yes, he has played well in Paddy's absence, but i dont see him displacing Paddy, Gilberto AND Edu... he has played 4 matches thus far... if he gets 5 more 1st team matches this year (not counting Carling & FA Cups) I will be surprised... especially if everyone is fit...

i do not believe that Cesc is going to be called up into the Spanish side this year.... unless there are a lot of injuries to Spains key players during friendlies/qualifiers....

having said that, i would like to see Cesc and Paddy play together a few times this year to see how they get on with each other... so far, Cesc has played well alongside Gilberto

Top Bottom