• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Week no.21: Jermaine PENNANT

bobbypires

Established Member
After a good performance at Elland Road last season, he's here again. And he wants a place in the starting line-up. Freddie has a hard competitor this season.

Name Jermaine Pennant
Born 15 January 1983, Nottingham
Position Midfielder
Country England
Height 173 cm / 5'8
Weight 64 kg / 141 lb
Joined Arsenal 8 January 1999
Arsenal Debut Worthington Cup 4th Round v Middlesbrough (a) 30th Nov 1999 (Drew 2-2) (Boro won 3-1 on pens)
Previous Club Notts County

Will he be a success at Ashburton Grove?

Senght

Good enough for me, quick on the ball and a good crosser. A season at Leeds certainly did him well. However, I'm afraid that the introduction of Angulo will eject him out of the team. Wenger, please believe in him for once!

Henry IV

He's a quick winger with bags of potential. I think question marks remain about his attitude but his speed and crossing ability adds to the potential of our attack.

Canuck

Established Member
His speed is certainly is his best asset. Close ball control has been displayed on occasion when running at defences. I remember a certain goal for Leeds which had him beat 3 defenders. The stay at Leeds certainly has helped his attitude, though it is a different situation at Arsenal, and the signing of Angulo is certain to disenchant the youth. I believe he has what it takes to make it into the 1st team within the next 2 seasons, or if injuries strike, the later part of this one.

Mark

Established Member
He's talented, I think there is still hope for him, but when he does get on the pitch he really has to impress and so far he hasn't taken his oppurtunities as well as I would've liked.

arsena1

he's had many chances now but his latest comments have shown a certain maturity. hope it's not a false start again.

KingReyes

Established Member
A player that has been regarded as a future England international with lots of potential to make it at Arsenal. Had a few disciplinary problems which looks like he has cleared up this season. Really determined to make it at Arsenal and looks to be making the extra effort. I think he can make it, but he'll need to impress when Wenger gives him the chance as this is his last year on his contract.

sabret00the

Established Member
all eyes on jermaine, he's not only gotta prove that he's good enough for us, but that he's better than SWP, their should only be one thing on his mind this season, proving that he's got what Freddie lacks, but for that we'll just have to wait and see, so far he's failed to impress me this whole season. although saying that we're not even quarter of the way through, i have huge hopes for him but after seeing what he's gotta do to stay with us (be a right sided pires) i'm not sure if he's got what it takes. :cry:

zerofeel

He needs to be given more senior matches to play because the last one he started out with he didnt contribute much and seemed out of place..he was so good in pre season...crossing,had a great understanding with bergy,running back to help defend,but when Wenger put him in the starting line up,he seemed nervous and hardly got involved...it didnt do much good to him at all with him gunning for a new contract.I do hope Wenger will give him more senior matches to play to boost his confident because he has the talent for sure but if he fail to impress, i think he will be asked to leave....

Arnie

The loan move really helped his career with arsenal. You can see alreay that he is going to figure alot more at this club, and he deserves the chance now that he has matured

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jermaine has talent written all over him - there's no denying that. As long as he can stay away from trouble i see a very bright future for our youngster. A very pacey winger who is not afraid to take on defenders, very determined, ambitious, and wont go down without a fight - jermaine has all the qualities to be one of the arsenal greats.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom