• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Idiot Everton fans

Serip

The death threats and righteous indignation have been well publicised and on the Internet it isn't any better with people hoping that Rooney loses the use of his legs: http://www.bluekipper.com/home.html

I can't stand these supposed 'fans' who will turn on someone who a year ago was legally a child in such a fashion. It's truly disgusting this ultra defensive attitude towards a football club, the lack of perspective and believing that everyone should have their * level of fanaticism to something that at the end of day is just entertainment. With the Vieira saga about the limit of distaste from Arsenal fans was whether or not we should boo him if Real Madrid were to play at Highbury. When I walk down Avenell road I always feel safe whilst some premiership grounds I never want to go near. The west stand might be quieter than a monastery but at least our fanbase isn't full of Chelsea style bruisers and racists.

Not much point to this topic other than to say our team are on another level but also as gooners we seem to be at a higher stage in evolution to most other football fans. With the increased participation in chants this season we also seem to be striking a good balance between passion and perspective.

Canuck

Established Member
*jealous*

Oh how I wish I could be in the stands at Highbury just once before it's time is over.
:cry:

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Serip said:
The death threats and righteous indignation have been well publicised and on the Internet it isn't any better with people hoping that Rooney loses the use of his legs: http://www.bluekipper.com/home.html

I can't stand these supposed 'fans' who will turn on someone who a year ago was legally a child in such a fashion. It's truly disgusting this ultra defensive attitude towards a football club, the lack of perspective and believing that everyone should have their * level of fanaticism to something that at the end of day is just entertainment. With the Vieira saga about the limit of distaste from Arsenal fans was whether or not we should boo him if Real Madrid were to play at Highbury. When I walk down Avenell road I always feel safe whilst some premiership grounds I never want to go near. The west stand might be quieter than a monastery but at least our fanbase isn't full of Chelsea style bruisers and racists.

Not much point to this topic other than to say our team are on another level but also as gooners we seem to be at a higher stage in evolution to most other football fans. With the increased participation in chants this season we also seem to be striking a good balance between passion and perspective.
I agree with that bit.

A

Anonymous

Do actually agree with you, but i dont think you really understand what it is to be really passionate about a club. Saying at the end of the day its just entertainment just shows this. I know exactly what it feels like to be back stabbed by a player, and i can understand why some everton fans would feel so strongly about him leaving. Not saying its right, just that i understand it. To also call chelsea fans bruisers and racists is also abit of an ignorant stereotype.

visitor99

I'd prefer to give credit to the many Everton fans who travelled to Old Trafford on the weekend rather than an anonymous idiot few who posted on some internet message board.

With the Mancs singing "Rooney, Rooney" (in between verses of "we hate the scousers" if you can believe it) the Everton fans responded with "Rooney's gone to Chelsea!". That silenced Old Trafford as the Mancs all jumped on their mobile phones to check if it was true. Classic.

Aussie

Established Member
Well if Paddy left before thinking im sure i would have hurled a fair bit of abuse.

Canuck

Established Member
visitor99 said:
I'd prefer to give credit to the many Everton fans who travelled to Old Trafford on the weekend rather than an anonymous idiot few who posted on some internet message board.

With the Mancs singing "Rooney, Rooney" (in between verses of "we hate the scousers" if you can believe it) the Everton fans responded with "Rooney's gone to Chelsea!". That silenced Old Trafford as the Mancs all jumped on their mobile phones to check if it was true. Classic.

:lol: That's brilliant... *LOL*

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think the fans have got every right to feel done over by this- the news that the money's coming in installments must be salt in the wound too.

Even before Vieira made his decision on his future, people were feeling free to abuse him on here and whilst I didn't agree with the intensity of some of it, I think the sentiment was, on a basic level, justified.

champs

visitor99 said:

funny that, i was at the everton game on monday, we soon shut up the everton fans by singing "Rooney Rooney" they had nothing better but to sing "your full of ****" to us, real classic that was :roll:

we do hate scousers, but rooney is our scouser now so we love him

Canuck

Established Member
Saw a pic online of Toffee fans with a Judas banner, took me back to a certain game where a certain defender returned to a certain Lane.

Remember how pissed they were. ;D

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
OneteaminLondon said:
I think the fans have got every right to feel done over by this- the news that the money's coming in installments must be salt in the wound too.

Even before Vieira made his decision on his future, people were feeling free to abuse him on here and whilst I didn't agree with the intensity of some of it, I think the sentiment was, on a basic level, justified.
Maybe, but there were a few who were going over the top with some of their remarks.

Aussie

Established Member
They have every right to be pissed. Football is a passionate game and when you get stabbed in the back like that you are going to hate the **** that did it to you.

jeromelee

Yah, I think I'll b pissed too if some other team in EPL (especially if it's any one of my bitter rivals) nick one of our best players.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
jeromelee said:
Yah, I think I'll b pissed too if some other team in EPL (especially if it's any one of my bitter rivals) nick one of our best players.
But the thing is that Man U and Everton are not really rivals. They are not in the same city, and are not competing for the same thing. Had it been Liverpool I would have understood, but if a player wants to leave to better himself in a team your not competing with, after giving his all while with you, you should actually be supporting him. Disappointed that he's gone, but not bitter towards him.

Aussie

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
jeromelee said:
But the thing is that Man U and Everton are not really rivals. They are not in the same city, and are not competing for the same thing. Had it been Liverpool I would have understood, but if a player wants to leave to better himself in a team your not competing with, after giving his all while with you, you should actually be supporting him. Disappointed that he's gone, but not bitter towards him.

I dont think you understand.

jeromelee

Okay imagine that Paddy went to Boro, or maybe Titi went to Roma. They're not really our bitter rivals nor are they really our rivals for the titles but we'd still be pissed with them as well.

And giving up one of your best players to a good team just means you're in the game for money. That's why I like Arsenal. They would never sell a player (unless the players wants to leave themselves) just for the sole reason of money. They always remind us that they're a football club and will be conducted as a football club. They are here to entertain us in football. They're not in it just for the money. Like West Ham which always produce great players. Why are they not challenging for titles? Why do they always sell their best players? It's like the club just wants to make money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom