• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wengers biggest mistake not signing a right player..

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 99
  • Views 3,379

quattro

no.

we are sh*t.

we're not like united and chelsea.

we haven't bought anyone of quality again.

our squad is too small.

we're never going to win the cl. we'll probably lose to rosenborg because our right flanks are exposed and they'll exploit that.

f*cking hell. :roll:

lewdikris

Established Member
reyesoflight said:
kel varnsen said:
i have to say, not buying a right back might be a big mistake. if arsenal sign a rb in january, he'll probably be cup tied. so that leaves us with lauren and hoyte at rb. lauren is quality, but hoyte?!? let's say we go up against real madrid, barcelona or milan and lauren is suspended or inured. our right side will get KILLED!

i'm extremely disappointed; arsenal needed a new right back.

I agree.Imagine if the real madrid team played arsenal and b4 kick off they looked at the arsenal back line(assuming the worst scenario with a few injuries) they wud laugh at the prospect of playing agsaint cygan and hoyte(and quite possibly hotye wud s**t himself)Figo wud destroy hotye even with a blindfold on.Wenger has serioulst screwed up here.He shud have got a rb.This decison has cost us the chance of winning the cl.bad wenger

That's one of the most stupid things i've ever heard. This being the same Real Madrid presumably whose BACK UP defenders are the fundamentally useless Raul Bravo, Pavon etc?

In the whole of world football only Chelsea have three top top class central defenders.

No team has two top class right backs - and saying AC Milan have CAfu so that's ok is puerile. He's 35 and has no chance of playing a full season and who replaces him? You tell me.

Stupid topic.

vin de guerre

quattro said:
no.

we are sh*t.

we're not like united and chelsea.

we haven't bought anyone of quality again.

our squad is too small.

we're never going to win the cl. we'll probably lose to rosenborg because our right flanks are exposed and they'll exploit that.

f*cking hell. :roll:
What are you smoking?
Rosenborg are far worse than Sh@t and I saw them against Macabee Haifa. There is no way we will lose points to them.

Gunner Ossie

I think those of you who are saying "Well be fine dont worry" are MISSING THE POINT.

Arsène wenger wanted to buy a RB and a RM because he thought they would be neccessary TO ACHEIVE HIS GOALS.

Now it should be pretty damned obvious to all of us that his goals are to do more than just "do ok" or "be alright" with what we currently have, unlike that which most of you here seem to be suggesting.

Thus, it is reasonably to conclude that being overly pessimistic is perhaps uncalled for especially, in the light of the fact that we do have cover, albeit inexperienced. Conversly, being overly opptimistic is also uncalled, due to the fact that Arsène did not succeed in his attempts to create the squad that he thought would neccessary to acheive his ambitions.

Arsène's failure to acquire his transfer targets probably means that he will perhaps be QUIETLY CONFIDENT about our chances of success (In CL etc), as opposed to him being perhaps VERY CONFINDENT about those chances, had he succeeded in getting Angulo and trebelsi.

Whether your optimistic or pessimistic about our chances of winning anything, or winning everything, just remember that luck probably has as bigger part to play in that as anything else; Surely porto are testiment to the fact that we still might win everything despite not having what Arsène would consider to be his ideal squad.

beanz

I think the mods should seriously consider creating a new Forum Index, entitled "The Victor Meldrew Section" with this Photo Meldrew
Placed just below "The Dump" and reserved for those that like to whinge and moan :p

vin de guerre

quattro said:
^ its called sarcasm

I am too lazy to read the thread. sorry!!!
To be honest I am trully p!ssed off that Rosenburg got thru! For once CL games will be played in Israel, Arsenal are drawn in the right group and Haifa go and lose a winning result 20 seconds from the end! Bloody typical I was getting my tickets for the Gunners ready as they played! what a bummer!

Anders Limpar

This is the worst kind of bullocks I have ever read...

...yes, a manager wants to strengthen his squad, it's in his job description for crying out loud. But that has to be done within the frames of quality vs price, especially at Arsenal FC. And sometimes it doesn't worjk out. Zlatan Ibrahimovic joined Juve the other day. He has been at a trial at Arsenal a couple of years back. He would have been good to have but we doing quite alright without him for example...

...we won the EPL without loosing a game last season with a team that is weaker than now. Does anyone remember???????????

...the manager that is criticized here has built a team scince 1996 that is now considered among the very top of the world. A status the club thet you support never has had before. Some say it's the best football ever and you talk about what? A RB??? Jesus....

...we have scored 16 goals in the opening 4 games of the season. We have made a remarkable comeback being 3-1 down, scoring 3 goals in 9 minutes. We have reached the status of United during their glory days i.e we win games before they even have started.

...in my book I'm glad Wenger didn't succeed in persuading Angulo. That would have been the same as giving Pennant the exit door. Now he knows what is at stake and he's got half a season to prove his fortune right.

...I know many of you don't consider Freddie as one of the prime players in our team. But what he adds to the team is completely different from what Pires adds and they are equally important both of them.

...Lauren is as good as any RB. Trabelsi was awesome in Ajax, would he be as impressive in the EPL? Who knows? And I never like players that becomes difficult to do business with...

Mind you, without Wenger and what he has brought to the club we could easily be another Tottenham or worse! So shut up and get behind your team and manager and enjoy the show of your life!

Ridge

maybe we'll sign Trabelsi in January, and maybe he wont be cup-tied if he doenst play for them in the CL.

oh whatever, this topic is driving me crazy. i trust Wenger.

A

Anonymous

I think those of you who are saying "Well be fine dont worry" are MISSING THE POINT.

Arsène wenger wanted to buy a RB and a RM because he thought they would be neccessary TO ACHEIVE HIS GOALS.

Very true. We needed a right back. Havent got one.

But Wengers biggest mistake always has been and always will be not signing a striker at the start of the 98/99 season and having to rely on Wreh and later Diawarra. Had we signed a decent player instead of these two wasters we would have won the league (see how many chances Diwarra had against Leeds and missed) and the mancs would have never won the treble. History would be very different.

kel varnsen

Established Member
to those who think hoyte is the right stuff; have you even seen the guy play? or are you just hoping he might be the real thing, as he is a young english defender? stop being so friggin' naive! the probability of a young player making it in arsenal, is very small. just look at all the "talanted" players that have left the club.

besides, hoyte has never impressed me. he is no good going forward and his positioning is really poor at times. a future right back at arsenal? i don't think so...

kel varnsen

Established Member
marco said:
calm down, pennant, hoyte, freddy, bobby all cover.
at the end of the day Arsène knows

yeah, wenger knows and he did try to sign a new right back. that's a fact!

it's not a disaster, but i think it might turn into a problem. i just hope lauren stay fit and healthy. 8) then we'll be alright. he's a quality right back..

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
to those who think hoyte is the right stuff; have you even seen the guy play? or are you just hoping he might be the real thing, as he is a young english defender? stop being so friggin' naive! the probability of a young player making it in arsenal, is very small. just look at all the "talanted" players that have left the club.

besides, hoyte has never impressed me. he is no good going forward and his positioning is really poor at times. a future right back at arsenal? i don't think so...

Yawn.

Yes I have seen Hoyte play. He did as equally impressive a job as Clichy did against Rotherham last season. Furthermore he did nothing wrong against Norwich having impressed in pre season.

But I'll take your judgement over Wenger's shall I? :roll:

kel varnsen

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
kel varnsen said:

Yawn.

Yes I have seen Hoyte play. He did as equally impressive a job as Clichy did against Rotherham last season. Furthermore he did nothing wrong against Norwich having impressed in pre season.

But I'll take your judgement over Wenger's shall I? :roll:

yes or no; did wenger try to sign a new right back? and if so, what does that tell you?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
What are you on about? If Wenger signed Jose Reyes, does that mean Bergkamp and Henry aren't good enough?

And if Hoyte wasn't good enough, he'd either still be in the reserves or on his way out..

kel varnsen

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
What are you on about? If Wenger signed Jose Reyes, does that mean Bergkamp and Henry aren't good enough?

And if Hoyte wasn't good enough, he'd either still be in the reserves or on his way out..

you didn't answer my question. besides, bringing reyes was completely different. he can play both up front and as a left midfielder. not only that, wenger had probably already decided to get rid of kanu, wiltord and jeffers when he brought in reyes.

one last question; do you really think that hoyte could be as good as ashley cole? do i need to remind you that wenger actually sold silvinho to make room for cole...

hollow

And Wenger sold Volz to make room for Hoyte. :idea: Maybe Wenger thinks he's a good player. Maybe he is a good player. No, that's just a silly concept isn't it.

A

Anonymous

Yea,lets all trust wengers judgement and lets jus assume that hoyte is gonig to be the right back equivalant to ashley cole.Then we mite as well live in a wolrd of dwarfs and faries.Wenger judgement is so good he spent £10 m on jeffers and £13 on wiltord. Hyote maybe adequate enuf to play against the **** teams in the english league(norwich bolton southampton etc) but against the big teams(man u chelsea etc) and majortity of teams in the cl he wud be the laughing stock of world football.Hoyte is not CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATERIAL,I REAPT NOT CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATERIAL.

I just hope lauren doesnt get injured till januray.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Yeah, of course I do. If anyone has shown his ability to take a player and make him better it is Arsène.

But you seem to know it all, maybe you were calling Ashley Cole one of the best left backs in the world in 2001..?

No, I thought not. You have to let players develop kel, you can't expect Justin to be brilliant now, anymore than we expected Ashley to be so in 2001.

Top Bottom