• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Garry

sabret00the

Established Member
why didn't we promote him to the first team, i hear he's a solid right back and better than Lauren.

A

Anonymous

HES A LEFT BACK.
People have been saying hes a right back for months now, NO hes a left back, he is third choice behind cole and clichy. Unfortunately our left side never seems to get injuries (touch wood). Hes good, but wont make it for us.

Jinn

Established Member
I think he's also played some games in central defence.

But he doesn't even play in Lauren's position, let alone being better than him. Sheesh.

A

Anonymous

Sol man said:
i heard he has injury problems. does anyone know if this is true

He has or had shin splints, which I hear is a very nasty injury and one that takes a while to recover from.

He was on the fringes of the first team a couple of years back, starting against Southampton and then on the bench against Sunderland, which showed AW thought highly of him.

But then injuries struck, and I think his career has taken a step backwards.

Its a shame becasue he had every thing to be a great player.

I think he will do a great job for a first div team, I think he is in the same class as players like Svard, Voltz, Sidwell, Bothroyd etc. Good, but not good enough.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yea ryan garry is a left back who can also play in central defence.

Strange thing is that on championship manager he's a right back, and most people seem to think he's a right back. :?

AFCG7

Established Member
Shin splints are terrible in some cases, and sometimes its a recurring injury . I just hope Ryan recovers fully and gets back to playing.. he played a few games at LB for us and also played a lot as CB in the reserves/youth teams.
I thought he woould be one to make it into our senior squad but , Like Ryan Smith , jut got injured at the wrong time.
One thing for sure.. he isnt a RB.

Canuck

Established Member
I've had Shin splints and it can be really painful, hurts to walk! Now if this kid is...
sabret00the said:
better than Lauren.
then don't you think that AW would have him in the 1st team already?

Sounds like this kid is a promising Defender and if he manages to recover from injury I'm sure he'll get a chance sooner or later.

nnaife

r_blair2 said:
KArbassiyoon seems to be behind clichy

Is Karbassiyoon likely to make the grade or are we looking at yet another player making up youth team numbers?

Come to think of it which of our present crop of youth players will make the first team. Cesc was an exceptional talent destined for the first team but where does that leave the Karbassiyoons, Garrys, Quinceys and ryan smiths?

Has wenger already yielded what he can from this bunch or are there more potential gems within the ranks of the youth team ready to make a significant impact on the first team?

Top Bottom