• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What to eat before and after a game?

fredthered

Ok no gags needed about pies etc.

For us still young enough to put our boots on and play what should we be eating food-wise to give us a boost in the match?

A

Anonymous

I used to play for palace young'uns, we had to eat high carbs and high energy foods = bread, pasta, a few sweets for sugar (Energy). Fruit, vege, all healthy ****. Now when i play sunday league i normally stick to th strict routine of a fry up and a couple of pints :p luvly jubbly

koivu

Eat a lot of carbs the day before your match, especially if you're playing an early kickoff on the weekend as you won't be able to eat a big meal full of carbs then. There is a cereal back home called 'Vector' (one thing I really miss about home!) which is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals and has tons of carbs, I'm sure there are similar products here. Also drink a lot of water for several hours before. You must make sure you recover afterwards by drinking a lot of water in order to regain those lost fluids.

torgrim

Before: hydration is essential, make sure to drink at least two liters during the day before a game. Most footballers eat chicken and pasta to get low-fat carbs.

After the game bananas and more water.

Split

The guys are right! carbohydrates!

the arsenal players also like to have banoffee pie for desert before their matches!

bananas are v.good for energy.

pasta and banana! yum!

lewdikris

Established Member
Before: pint of stella with a JD chaser. Gets you pumped up for the big punch up that inevitably follows.

After: Burger, beer, vodka, champagne, scotch, bourbon. Then fish and chips.

Just don't end up eating your teammates in the showers.

Sorry, that was gross.

tox

i Can't say i eat anything specific before i play, but i heard the other day that drinking coffee before you exercise helps you keep going longer.

slapz

Nothing... I used to eat as much after the game cos it just tastes a bit better after all that exercise

A nice chicken tikka on naan bread, garlicbread with cheese and a few pieces of chicken

beanz

Spike said:
banoffee pie
? :p

What's inside it?
I made one a while ago from a recipe on the back of a tin of Nestles condensed milk, it had a biscuit base (which had butter & golden syrup) cream, bananas and grated chocolate on top, the whole thing had 6000 calories or 1000 calories per slice!
Even Ashley at full speed would have trouble burning those off in 90 minutes :p

Aussie

Established Member
Just dont have a milkshake before running. I learnt that last Tuesday night at pre season cricket training. If there was a throw up smiley thats what i would be using now :|

slapz

Aussie said:
Just dont have a milkshake before running. I learnt that last Tuesday night at pre season cricket training. If there was a throw up smiley thats what i would be using now :|

I once made the mistake of having 2 strawberry milkshakes from McDonalds a few years ago before a cricket match and I had a major throwin up session on the pitch

Aussie

Established Member
slapz said:
Aussie said:

I once made the mistake of having 2 strawberry milkshakes from McDonalds a few years ago before a cricket match and I had a major throwin up session on the pitch

HA HA

I manged to feed the fishes with mine and threw up in the river torrens.

slapz

Poor fishes.. with mine, they had to stop the match and then clear up the wicket. The bowlers didnt want to bowl there after cleaning up so they had sand the whole area... was well funny after i had gotten over my session

gunnersgal

fredthered said:
Ok no gags needed about pies etc.

For us still young enough to put our boots on and play what should we be eating food-wise to give us a boost in the match?
i normally eat the same type of thing before i play, i have a 2pm kick off though.
i have cereal in the morning and plenty to drink
about 1 or 2 hours before i leave i have pasta and drink one or two of the lucozade sport squeezy things and some water

dont forget the half time oranges!

Top Bottom