• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joaquin better than Reyes

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
trying to wind us up are we?

puleez.. Joaquin only plays when he "feels" like it.... Reyes is consistently a better player.....

and we dont need Henry to score more goals... we need everyone else to score more... (i.e. see 4 for Reyes, 3 for Bergkamp, 3 for Pires, 4 for Henry, Fabregas & Freddie in ONLY 4 matches...)

jasonlohkh

Mayb Joaquin is better when Reyes is still playing in Spain. But Reyes is better than Joaquin by miles now. Thanks to the magic of Wenger.

Mark

Established Member
Then why is Reyes at one of the top clubs in Europe and Joaquin is stuck at Betis? I'm not doubting he is a great player but Reyes is better and I think he has proved that.

turtle

Betis didn't have financial problem as Sevilla had so they don't have to sell Joaquin. Sevilla would have rejected our bid if they didn't have financial problem.

quattro

calvinngai88 said:
Joaquin said he'll only leave Betis for one club, and that is Real Madrid. :roll:
well then that settles it. reyes IS better... and smarter too ;D

beanz

Joaquin's not a bad flamenco dancer but he's crap on the pitch, those cuban heels get stuck in the grass and the castanets just get in the way.
Personally I think Michael Flatley has much better ball control :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

joaquin is very very good on the right wing
however, reyes plays everywhere and has better workrate
thats y i prefer reyes

nnaife

actually reyes is a lot better the joaquin having seen both of them play but you're entitled to an opinion.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
On his day, Joaquin is a joy to watch - but he's extreemly inconsistent and very rarely plays as good as our spanish wonderkid.

We all have different opinions about different players - daniliho9 is simply giving us his opinion.

Gunner4life09

yeah i agree, everybody has there opinion, to me Reyes and Joaquin don't play the same position so you cannot compare. its just like Henry and Campbell. how can u compare them one is vital to attack and the other the defence.

patrick42uk

Established Member
you'd have a case if reyes was still at sevilla. i mean joaquin played at a world cup when he was reyes' age. but reyes has stepped up a level as part of the natural progression from moving to a bigger club.

nnaife

Gunner4life09 said:
yeah i agree, everybody has there opinion, to me Reyes and Joaquin don't play the same position so you cannot compare. its just like Henry and Campbell. how can u compare them one is vital to attack and the other the defence.

Actually they quite are comparable they can both play on the wings they both use pace and skill to beat their markers although reyes IMO has more of both.

What reyes can do is when in full flight suddenly stop with the ball and then start off again, and from a stop & start on the ball there's no one that i've seen that has his sudden explosive pace. He would always be favourite to beat his marker or draw the foul when using this particular bit of skill.

Reyes can also play as a striker Joaqiun can't do, he can score from inside the box or outside with a rocket like shot.
Reyes also strikes the ball better than Joaqiun and always looks to get on with the game.

I truly believe wenger bought the best 2 spainsh talents in cesc and reyes. Torres is also probably on par.

Arnie

Both are great players but Reyes scores more goals and also makes more tackles going the other way.
Also reyes has more consistent performances and he is a more versatile player, so i would also disagree

Arnie

what's up with people wanting to compare anyway!! You just want to put reyes down when you can see his performaces have been fantastic. Jaoqin is one gifted player. And he's the only playerthat could make me watch betis play!!
But so is reyes. I was so excited when i heard he was coming because i had seen him for sevilla and he was excellent, especially against madrid!!

Top Bottom