• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player of the Month - August

POTM August

• Jose Antonio Reyes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thierry Henry

• Dennis Bergkamp

• Francesc Fabregas

• Freddie Ljungberg

• Robert Pires

• Other? Please state

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Established Member
It was tough, Bergkamp for his restored glory> Henry for obvious reasons, Cesc for his stellar performances already!

I ended up choosing Reyes. He has shown with the start of this season that he is a better player than he was last spring, and he's ready to get down to business, which is kicking a*s in the Premier League. ;D

beanz

PV4 is my August POTM, his bench warming has been imperious, you can sense the latent energy building up just waiting to be let loose on the unsuspecting Fulham players.
Whenever the camera pans across to him, his eyes are like cold laser sights boring into the opposition midfield, you can almost feel the tension in the fibres of his suit.
Either that or he's got a sore arse and is just plain bored :mrgreen:

jeromelee

So many candidates. Henry for his goals and assist. Bergy for leading the team and creating so many chances. Cesc for controlling midfield so well. Pires for scoring when it mattered. And reyes for such a great start to the season.

But I think I'll settle for Reyes for his 5 goals in 5 starts. Loved every one of his goals.

KingReyes

Established Member
Dennis Bergkamp, great job as stand in Captain, played well in all the matches. And started off that great comeback against M'Boro.

Sammer

Established Member
This one is tough.

Henry, Bergkamp and Reyes all deserve it.

I chose Reyes though, since I feel that what we have seen so far is just the beginning of a great Arsenal career. He impressed in every game.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
To cure the international boredom, I hope TG doesn't mind :)
we must be on the same wavelength because yesterday i wrote out a review for August and was going to come on today and post it with a poll, but it doesn't matter :wink:

I hope the following information helps you POTM voters chose the best player of the month

Who was our Player of the Month for August?

AUGUST IN REVIEW

News:
New season started August 14th
New Arsenal shirts
Broke the Nottingham Forest’s record of unbeaten matches.
Now 44 games unbeaten
Won 4 games out of 4 in the league, we are also top of the league.

Premiership games:
Everton: 4-1 Reyes, Bergkamp, Ljungberg and Pires
Middlesbrough: 5-3 Henry x2, Bergkamp, Reyes and Pires
Blackburn: 3-0 Henry, Fabregas and Reyes
Norwich: 4-1 Reyes, Henry, Pires and Bergkamp

Community Shield:
Manchester United: 3-1 Reyes,

Arsenal-Mania MOTM winners:
CS: Man Utd: Reyes 82%

L: Everton: Bergkamp 47%
L: Middlesbrough: Bergkamp 65%
L: Blackburn: Thierry Henry 64%
L: Norwich: Thierry Henry 87%

So who was our Player of the Month, whoever you think it was vote and leave a comment before Friday 10th of September.

tg signing off :)[/b]

Gunner4life09

i think Reyes, Henry, Bergkamp and Fabregas deserve it. Reyes for having a flying start to the season scoring in every game. Herny, just for being Henry (scoring goals and assisting them). Bergkamp for being such a great leader and scoring when we needed it the most. Ferbregas for being brave and performing under such presure at the level of the premiership at the young age of 17. they all deserve it, but all in all the whole team had a part to play. so i'm voting all the players.

Arnie

Like thierry said, at the moment, dennis is playing like he's 20!!
Reyes is a close second, but i'm so suprised about captain dennis!!

nikelo11

I Chose TH14.

All other players have done fatastically well, but have u seen such an impressive record at the start of the season:

4 goals.

7 assists.

My August Player of the Month

2nd: Reyes
3rd: Bergkamp
4th: Cesc

nikelo11

reyes got the offical one though, from OPTA
just beating TH14.

Bobby was third.
And then Lampard.

But Bergie not even there in the top 5.. :shock:

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Dennis Bergkamp
star.JPG
star.JPG
Jose Antonio Reyes
star.JPG
Thierry Henry

Mark

Established Member
Bergkamp has been an inspiration this month. Leading by example and turning in performances of someone much younger. Scoring some great goals and is generally a brilliant influence on the team.

Henry, Reyes and Fabregas not far behind DB though.

Henry IV

Bergkamp. He has been in imperious form this season. The sort of form that befits the senior member of the team and its captain. He has really helped the likes of Reyes and Fabregas to get into their stride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom