• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Retiring from international football

Arnie

I know players retire earlier these days, but for someone of henry's age it's ridiculous.
Some of you might think that having one of your top players give up international football is a good thing for the club, personally i don't.

I know henry plays for france but i take pride in the fact that he shines for them (apart from tournaments!)

It must earn us more money as well, I mean a french kid can get an arsenal shirt with henry on the back, rather like an english kid here can get a real madrid shirt with beckham or owen on the back.

International football is good for players and their clubs and i love the fact that all our players are internationals, apart from hoyte and cygan!!

Arnie

I don't see why lauren retired, he's not that old, bergy i can see why, plus the fact he can't fly!!

kenada

i guess when u factor in the large amount of games players play nowadays thats really a factor aswell

Mark

Established Member
Lauren retired but has now come out of retirement.

I personally find international football rather dull. As far as football is concerned, there is only Arsenal.

jacc_7_1

Lauren retired form internationals because at that time he was challenging toure for the RB spot and he decided not to infuriate wenger by playing for cameroon at the african nations cup which always happen in the middle of the season...
now that the RB position is his...
dont see why he shouldnt come out of retirement..
but one thing though... he is not that fantastic in that RB position

Soler

Established Member
jacc_7_1 said:
Lauren retired form internationals because at that time he was challenging toure for the RB spot and he decided not to infuriate wenger by playing for cameroon at the african nations cup which always happen in the middle of the season...

Eh? Toure wasn't apart of Arsenal then. That would've been Lee Dixon.

VCC

Mad Jens said:
jacc_7_1 said:

Eh? Toure wasn't apart of Arsenal then. That would've been Lee Dixon.

Lauren retired after the 2002 World Cup. Dixon had retired at the end of the previous season, and Toure had already been at Arsenal training for a few months.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I've actually retired from international football. I decided to no longer make myself available for selection so that I could spend more time with my family.

Gooner4Life

I think Lauren retiered because he wanted to ocncentrate on Arsenal and being with Cameroon meant he had to go away for African Nation's and things. Not sure why he changed his mind after thinking that though

A

Anonymous

Arnie said:
David james should retire from football!!!
No, he shouldn't.

He should try to get a transfer to either United or Chelsea.

Arnie

maybe we can buy him and then make a free swap with madrid for cassillas!!

They seem to like english players :p :p

Top Bottom