• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes playing for Spain

Robno.7

hes playing in the friendly v's the scots, and i just noticed he has changed his boots again, he has exactly the same 1's as Henry and Pennant except Jose has Red 1's, iirc the other week he has nike 90's anyway its 15 minutes gone and he is showin why he deserves to b in the squad by being the only real threat in the game so far

Robno.7

hes just been taken down by a heavy challenge and got up and pushed the guy, looks like hes up for it

alibey

Yeah, he plays with Raul in the front against Scotland and Bosnia on sept 8th, WC qualifier game, I'll watch him and Cesc in Spain U21 on sept 7, also against Bosnia U21. I've bought tickets for both matches against my country. Love to see the lads, in the action.

patrick42uk

Established Member
this game is a lesson for reyes. be careful with pre-match comments. he compared scotland to san marino, and i think he has been getting special treament. infact, the scots are looking very determined and i think it might have wound them up. i have to say, i'm surprised by the amount of times i'v seen him kick out or retaliate in general. its partly out of frustration at the way the game is going, but i saw him kick out in the norwich game as well. i mistook him for one of the more calmer players on the pitch. not sure wheter to be happy that he has a bit of fight in him, or woried that he cant keep his cool. looks like he might be substituted as well as i saw vicente warming up so a pretty poor night for him.

lee1001

Established Member
Yes Patrick he has looked frustrated tonight, that is because Spain are giving him the ball a lot (another sign that Reyes is the best Spanish player on the park) and Scotland are trying to rough him up, hence the reaction. However he has been the best Spanish player on the park. Unfortunatly Torres and Tamuno have been ****, they arn't dropping deep to link up with Reyes which mean he is stuck out on the left with no body to pass too. He has to do it all on his own. He has put in some great crosses and when Morientes comes on then perhaps Spain will have more joy. Raul likes to drop deep, so hopefuly he will link up with Reyes.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Scotland should be 3-0 up. Crawford's wasted two glorious chances. Spain's defences is a shambles. The conditions aren't helping the quality of the games. Reyes has played ok so far but I agree he's come in for some special treatment from Naysmith and co.

lee1001

Established Member
The Spain goal was all about Reyes.

Played up from defence by a Spanish defender, great lay off by Reyes in the middle of the park to Vicente on the left.
Vicente took a few steps forward and centered a ball back to Reyes who was in space, took a few steps forward looked up and dinked a ball over the Static Scotland defence for Raul to run on to, who turned and played a ball across the penalty area, with Reyes coming in the meet the pass, he was sandwiched out by two Scotland players, penalty Kick.

Oops, somebody turned off the lights.

A

Anonymous

goooo scotland im proud of my boys!!! wish that spanish manager woulda took reyes off .. he coulda got a bad injury tonight from getting the scottish treatment :roll: great performance by us me thinks ;D

Ally

Fantastic performance from the boys, all we needed was a confidence booster and that game should have given us exactly that.

1-1 was probably a fair result, but the whole Spain team bar Reyes was dire.

A

Anonymous

Ally said:
Fantastic performance from the boys, all we needed was a confidence booster and that game should have given us exactly that.

1-1 was probably a fair result, but the whole Spain team bar Reyes was dire.

:bounce weet a weel ally :p gimme ur msn boyo!! pm me it

patrick42uk

Established Member
fantastic ball from reyes to raul for the goal. disappointed about the lights because you feel the game was starting to get interesting.

A

Anonymous

patrick42uk said:
fantastic ball from reyes to raul for the goal. disappointed about the lights because you feel the game was starting to get interesting.

lol what game where u watching? raul scored for a penalty :roll:

lee1001

Established Member
patrick42uk said:

I agree, i think it was about to get interesting. Fair play to the scots even though they are cheating bastards!!

lee1001

Established Member
Scottish Lass said:
patrick42uk said:

lol what game where u watching? raul scored for a penalty :roll:

He meant the ball that Reyes played over the Scottish defence for Raul to run on to.

A

Anonymous

when did the game restart? im sure it was 1-1 when the game stopped lol and **** off were we cheatin :evil:

lee1001

Established Member
Scottish Lass said:
when did the game restart? im sure it was 1-1 when the game stopped lol and f**k off were we cheatin :evil:

Yellow cards...
Scotland 4 Spain 0.

Spain's goal happened because Two Scottish players decided to sandwich Reyes when he was about to stroke the ball home. Penalty kick.

The Spanish defender who was given a nose bleed thanks to a backhand from one of your strikers.

Not to mention the other pushes and shoves.

Top Bottom