• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA World Cup qualifying

SAKURABA

i watched the game.... Pires entered at 70 minute and created a lot... Henry was the only threat in offense... and Viera was not match fit for 90 minutes ... after 55 minutes he looked tired...

other players we'Re inexistant

bobbypires

Established Member
SAKURABA said:
i watched the game.... Pires entered at 70 minute and created a lot... Henry was the only threat in offense... and Viera was not match fit for 90 minutes ... after 55 minutes he looked tired...

other players we'Re inexistant
Thanks, SAKURABA.
Pires on the bench. This coach is mad...

Mark

Established Member
Glad Paddy played 90 mins. Hope he does in their next match too so he is prepared for the real games for us. :)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
France were abysmal tonight. They look a complete shadow of the side they were three years ago. I think Domenech has lost the plot. He proved that by starting Rothen ahead of Pires! Henry and Saha were upfront. Saha doesn't look good enough at international level in my opinion. Defensively France looked very vulnerable at times. Israel had a header cleared off the line by Giuly in the second half. Mendy and Evra had poor games. Givet and Gallas were decent. It's good to see Vieira back and playing a full ninety minutes. The best chance fell to Henry in the 82nd minute but he headed over from a delicious curling cross from Pires.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree France missed Zidane but the players don't seem happy with Domenech's methods.

England should start Defoe and Wright-Phillips. Eriksson picks players on reputations. Robinson should get a chance in goal.

Good to see Ljungberg getting a couple of goals for Sweden tonight.

What was the score in the Italy game?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
FIFA World Cup European Qualifying Group Two
Albania 2 - 1 Greece
Denmark 1 - 1 Ukraine
Turkey 1 - 1 Georgia

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying Group Four
France 0 - 0 Israel
Switzerland 6 - 0 Faroe_Islands
Rep_of_Ireland 3 - 0 Cyprus

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying Group Six
Austria 2 - 2 England
Azerbaijan 1 - 1 Wales
Northern_Ireland 0 - 3 Poland

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying Group One
Romania 2 - 1 FYR_Macedonia
Finland 3 - 0 Andorra

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying Group Five
Italy 2 - 1 Norway
Slovenia 3 - 0 Moldova

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying Group Three
Latvia 0 - 2 Portugal
Russia 1 - 1 Slovakia
Estonia 4 - 0 Luxembourg

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying Group Eight
Malta 0 - 7 Sweden
Croatia 3 - 0 Hungary
Iceland 1 - 3 Bulgaria

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying Group Seven
San_Marino 0 - 3 Serbia & Montenegro
Belgium 1 - 1 Lithuania

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Alex Manninger had a shocker for Austria but fortunately for him David 'Claimity' James will be the one mocked....yet again.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
If everyone is fit then this is the England line-up that I would choose:

Robinson

G. Neville Terry Campbell Cole

Wright-Phillips Lampard Gerrard Bridge

Rooney Defoe

Beckham's been consistenly poor for England recently and is only picked coz he is David Beckham. I know Rio's back soon but I still prefer Terry to him. It's a shame that England have got a quality right-back or any decent left-sided players. Owen and Smith are good but Defoe and Rooney would be much more of a threat in my opinion. Robinson should be given a chance. I don't know why Eriksson keeps picking David James. It's just asking for trouble.

Sammer

Established Member
France is in real trouble.

The new coach just seems like another over-self-confident *****, after Santini left.

If they continue like that, la grande nation de football est fini pour quelqes années.

beanz

GoonerGurjit said:
Alex Manninger had a shocker for Austria but fortunately for him David 'Claimity' James will be the one mocked....yet again.
I heard a comment passed during the game, that Arsenal are still waiting for the transfer fee for Alex Manninger, apparently Espanyol did'nt play him and refused to pay up. The matter is in arbitration with UEFA :shock:
I think David, where's the ball? it's behind you! James, should go to bloody Espanyol too. :p

DOls

I think it is our, Polish people's, nature to be a little unpredictable.
We beat European Champs Greece and then we lose to Denmark like we never played football before. Depends on our mood, so I'm not sure if this means that we go and beat England this time.
Today though we got a perfect result and that's all that matters.

Come on Poland!

beanz

It's rant time:
Smith was effing useless, he missed a sitter and constantly gave the ball away, including just prior to the two goals DOH!
Ash was doing his best, but Bridge was'nt on the same wavelength at all, we completely lost our shape when their 1st goal went in, (James out of position again)
What a shambles :evil:
Rant over. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Top Bottom