• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA World Cup qualifying

Sammer

Established Member
Brian,

I watched the match, and besides Domenech picking the wrong players (e.g. not picking Sagnol, Pires, MICOUD !) in the starting line-up, France still plays the same lethargic-football that they played in the Euro 2004.

On the contrary, you have great players on the pitch, that should be able to take on any team in Europe.

Why is that?

For me, the question is simple: they are not a team. They are highly-paid individuals that have no team spirit.

brianfrance

Established Member
Sammer said:
Why is that?

You give a good answer (except for Givet or Squilacci, who are not highly-paid, and are really simple men -maybe for the moment-)

Sammer said:
For me, the question is simple: they are not a team. They are highly-paid individuals that have no team spirit.

But there's clearly a problem of system. The 3-5-2 is highly defensive, but it's not played in the French league (except Marseille, but none OM players were on the pitch, Pedretti Luyindula etc..) or in the foreign team where play our great players (us, arsenal, barça, chelsea etc..)
When we were WC champions, we played a 4-3-1-1-1 (lol) with Deschamps, Petit and Karembeu as defensive mildfielders. Zizou and Djorkaeff as free players and Guivarc'h as fix point upfront. That really was a good system, our counter attacks were terrible with Thuram on the right, Lizarazu on the left, Petit was really good with the ball, Zizou and Djorkaeff the maestros. At this moment, we missed a great striker. Now we have multiple but we don't have the "block" on the mildfield. Viera is alone...****!!

You will see Sammer, Micoud will be in the next list. We need him. I won't be surprised to see Anelka also.

VCC

Matches for 8 Sept

Group 1:
Andorra 1-5 Romania
Armenia 0-2 Finland
Netherlands 2-0 Czech Republic

Group 2:
Georgia 2-0 Albania
Greece 0-0 Turkey
Kazakhstan 1-2 Ukraine

Group 3:
Portugal 4-0 Estonia
Slovakia 7-0 Liechtenstein
Luxembourg 3-4 Latvia

Group 4:
Switzerland 1-1 Ireland
Faroe Islands 0-2 France
Israel 2-1 Cyprus

Group 5:
Scotland 0-0 Slovenia
Moldova 0-1 Italy
Norway 1-1 Belarus

Group 6:
Poland 1-2 England
Wales 2-2 Northern Ireland
Austria 2-0 Azerbaijan

Group 7:
Lithuania 4-0 San Marino
Bosnia-Herzegovina 1-1 Spain

Group 8:
Sweden 0-1 Croatia
Hungary 3-2 Iceland

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why are England, Wales, and Northern Ireland in the same group? It's just the way the draw is made. No seeding I think.

Adam

Established Member
France need more commitment, and faster and higher pressing from midfield. None of this we are a better passing team than you stuff. They need to do an Arsenal.

Spartan

Aussie said:
I will laugh if Greece dont qualify

yeah go do it in front of the Greeks....funny i dont remember australia qualifying for anything or even WINNING anything?? :wink:

stick to playing tahiti and figi...thats all your gonna get

Aussie

Established Member
Spartan said:
Aussie said:
I will laugh if Greece dont qualify

yeah go do it in front of the Greeks....funny i dont remember australia qualifying for anything or even WINNING anything?? :wink:

stick to playing tahiti and figi...thats all your gonna get

Well i just thought it would be funny to see you win Euro and then not qualify for the world cup.

Im surprised you didnt call me a racist as well.

Spartan

like i or any other Greek gives a **** what you think...this site has turned into a nazi style forum

kiss the mods arses and anything you say gets ignored...and its full of part-time ****in fans who aint even been to any games in their life.

anyway i've had enough of this ****

BYE!! :wink:

Soler

Established Member
Spartan said:
this site has turned into a nazi style forum

Unfortunately my personal Gustapo isn't very big at this stage. I'll wait for the next National Assembly before making it larger, mmkay?

kiss the mods arses and anything you say gets ignored

I don't ignore anybody, unless they're being really moronic.

anyway i've had enough of this s**t

BYE!! :wink:

Bye bye! You won't be missed.

Adam

Established Member
I thought that was just banter from the aussies. Nothing Nazi in that.

If Australia won the world cup, and then didn't qualify for the next one - then it would be an obsurd situation also. Whether that situation produces laughter for the individual is down to that person.

Soler

Established Member
Adam said:
I thought that was just banter from the aussies. Nothing Nazi in that.

At least not yet. Sadly the celebration of being comically racist (aka the Olympics) is over ;)

If Australia won the world cup, and then didn't qualify for the next one - then it would be an obsurd situation also. Whether that situation produces laughter for the individual is down to that person.

It'd be hilarious.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
anyone else notice that France v. Faroe Isles is only 1-0 France in the 2nd half?? WTF is going on?? France cant be THAT bad these days.... sheesh.... maybe they DO need to bring Wiltord back.... :shock:

Latest posts

Top Bottom