• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

is ashley cole the worlds best left back?

jamesnoza

i think so his defending has tremendously improved over the past year and everybody knows he is quite nifty going forward aswell

what do others think?

Mark

Established Member
I can't think of anyone better. Zambrotta or Maxwell are perhaps on the same level as him. One of those three.

jamesnoza

he has come on leaps and bounds as a defender in the past year his form is incredible and he had an amazing euro 2004

MightyArsenal

I think hes a better left back playing for arsenal as the system fits him more than england. For england he makes so many good runs but the other players cant play it to him cause they are not good enough.

The only player that comes close is zambrotta and thats mostly because hes a quality attacker as he is a converted midfielder like lauren.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is no left back on this planet today that can defend aswell as Cole - just watch him and see how wingers hardly ever get a cross in when up against our ashley - you all saw what he did to Ronaldo in the Portugal England match at euro 2004 - and ronaldo is supposedly the trickiest player in europe.

Most people would tell you Roberto Carlos is by far the best player in the world at his position - to be honest, he's quite simply sensational going forward, there's no denying that - but his defending is questionable at times and he gets caught out of position way, way too much - which is why i would say yes, ashley cole is the best left back in the world at the moment.

bobbypires

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Most people would tell you Roberto Carlos is by far the best player in the world at his position - to be honest, he's quite simply sensational going forward, there's no denying that - but his defending is questionable at times and he gets caught out of position way, way too much - which is why i would say yes, ashley cole is the best left back in the world at the moment.
I agree, mate. Roberto Carlos is often out of position. Cole's defending has improved a lot and his attacking has nothing to envy R.Carlos'.

Cole-Pires-Henry, best trio on the left wing.

jasonlohkh

agree, mate. Roberto Carlos is often out of position. Cole's defending has improved a lot and his attacking has nothing to envy R.Carlos'.

Cole-Pires-Henry, best trio on the left wing.

;D

Axl

bobbypires//

Cant agree more ths time! Cole-Pires-Henry..... best trio in the world!

patrick42uk

Established Member
its very close between zambrotta and ashley cole. in terms of energy, stamina and sheer persistence, hardly any come close to those two.

Sammer

Established Member
No doubt for me.

The Euro 2004 showed, that he is the best on international level also.

He is complete - great defending combined with being able to set attacking impulses.

Spike

Established Member
Cole is the best.

We have some of the best players in their positions on our team.

Left Back - Cole
Center Midfield - Vieira
Striker - Thierry Henry

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
slapz said:
Ashley Cole is the 2nd best left back on the planet... I'm the first ;)

How come you haven't made yourself known to Arsène, then? :wink:

I can't think of anyone I've seen play better than Cole at left back, also Ashley is consistently excellent. When was his last bad game?

Top Bottom