• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Squad for CL & Pennant not included!!

Jinn

Established Member
That is certainly surprising, and most likely as mistake.

Johan Djourou is a reserve/youth team player...

AfC_li4nGht

hmMm... y not pennant :cry:

Though pennant haf no CL experience, however he's much a proven player to us than Johan Djourou... it's time for pennant to shiNe...

Could be an error? :|

joe3428

Jinn said:
That is certainly surprising, and most likely as mistake.

Johan Djourou is a reserve/youth team player...

I hope so... if not, then probably pennant will leave us on January transfer... for sure...

Canuck

Established Member
I'd bet he would. It must be a mistake, I hope that they can clear it up...I've barely even heard Djourou's name mentioned before this and now his listed as a member of the champs league team for Arsenal??? Weird, they must have mixed up Pennant and Djourou...

If it's true that Pennant was left off on purpose I bet he does leave in january though, but to which champs league team? Ajax in a Tradelsi deal? or Valencia in an Angulo deal to save us some $$?

jeromelee

Wow and djourou and lupoli are included. Could it be a mistake or a sign of what AW thinks of JP. And no Hoyte as well. So I guess Senderos is above Hoyte in terms of ranking in CB. So how come AW played Hoyte instead of Senderos for the charity shield and for the norwich game. Maybe for the norwich game senderos name wasn't on the reserve list but why not on the reserve list then? Strange strange.

kNiteMare

Lupoli not Jeremie Aliádíère? no pennant?? lol this may signals the end of them.

I think Wenger may rate Senderos higher but maybe he is not back to match fitness yet, after his injury last year. He wasnt playing at Norwich coz he wasnt in the team that travelled, and i think Hoyte was.

siddharth

It has to be a mistake. Johan Djourou well tbh i have never heard of him. Our midfield looks excellent with Pennant in it but i'm very concerned about our thin defence. :roll:

The presence of Arturo Lupoli in the squad suggests we are thin upfront too. ;) I think Angulo would have been a great buy since he's a highly experienced midfielder and he could have addressed our upfont problems in case of injuries too. Just imagine a scenario of Henry and Reyes being injured for an away european leg in CL quarters against a club like Milan. :shock:

jeromelee

kNiteMare said:
Lupoli not Jeremie Aliádíère? no pennant?? lol this may signals the end of them.

I think Wenger may rate Senderos higher but maybe he is not back to match fitness yet, after his injury last year. He wasnt playing at Norwich coz he wasnt in the team that travelled, and i think Hoyte was.

Ali is probably out cause his injury might take too long to recover from. And maybe even longer to get back his match fitness after.

IndoGunnerz

I think Jamo got it right.... Pennant,Hoyte,Ali doesnt need to be in the squad coz they can be played anytime

so we have 23 + youngster.... pretty good depth

quattro

i remember bentley making an appearance in vigo (with cesc on the bench). was he registered in that list last year?

Soler

Established Member
IndoGunnerz said:
I think Jamo got it right.... Pennant,Hoyte,Ali doesnt need to be in the squad coz they can be played anytime

so we have 23 + youngster.... pretty good depth

Pennant and co. will be in the 'B' list. Obafemi Martins is on Inter's b list.

lewdikris

Established Member
Don't read anything into this. Means nothing. Any player from the youth team who's been there more than five minutes (unlike Lupoli) is registered on a b-list.

Don't get too excited!

Jonny

perhaps a deal was finalised for a player after the transfer deadline which included pennant. it could be to a champions league club and pennant might not have been elected so that he could play for a different team in january. just an idea.

gakc1

I remember having exactly the same debate last year, I think it was about Aliadiere's omission then. As others have said Pennant will be on the B list. I lifted this from Arseweb, which explains the rules regarding player eligibility for the champions league:

"Clubs can register a maximum of 25 players in their 'A list'.
In addition they can have any number of 'B list' registered players, who must must have been born after 1981 and must have been eligible to play for the club for a continuous period of at least 2 years, at some point since their 15th birthday."

Jinn

Established Member
So there's no issue. And certainly no reason to think about things such as the following.

Jonny said:
perhaps a deal was finalised for a player after the transfer deadline which included pennant. it could be to a champions league club and pennant might not have been elected so that he could play for a different team in january. just an idea.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom